Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

en standard - attic

Options
  • 08-05-2012 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

can anyone tell me , if the panel is situated in the attic , is the panel just being tampered as it is by default sufficient to comply with current EN rgulations? (I Mean if its opened outside the engineer code it will cause an alarm activation) Where can i see the actual written regulations pertaining to installation of alarm systems - grade 2.
    I am aware that is has to be protected in the attic , what exactly does that mean. is the panel tamper enough?

also if the sensors on the windows/ doors , do not include the tamper circuit is this allowable? again its thespecific regs i am interested in.
    I was looking at the window sensor myself and i see the pressure spring on it , i presume if you take off the cover the spring will release and that will activate alarm anyway. I can see absolutely no point to the tamper circiuit myself , I am just interested .
    I know the keypad /panel/saab etc will activate if interfered with , what is the idea of the tamper exactly ?
    minder

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The panel must not be located outside the protected area. You can bring the attic within the protected area by fitting a PiR (Duel Tec).
    Tampers are a separate & are only a requirement for grade 2 or higher.
    The tamper circuits etc are to prevent zones being disconnected or bypassed while the system is in a disarmed state.
    For example the system is disarmed & someone closes off some sensors with the intent of returning at a later time . Without tampers the property owner would be unaware of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

minder2009 wrote: »
    can anyone tell me , if the panel is situated in the attic , is the panel just being tampered as it is by default sufficient to comply with current EN rgulations? (I Mean if its opened outside the engineer code it will cause an alarm activation) Where can i see the actual written regulations pertaining to installation of alarm systems - grade 2.
    I am aware that is has to be protected in the attic , what exactly does that mean. is the panel tamper enough?

also if the sensors on the windows/ doors , do not include the tamper circuit is this allowable? again its thespecific regs i am interested in.
    I was looking at the window sensor myself and i see the pressure spring on it , i presume if you take off the cover the spring will release and that will activate alarm anyway. I can see absolutely no point to the tamper circiuit myself , I am just interested .
    I know the keypad /panel/saab etc will activate if interfered with , what is the idea of the tamper exactly ?
    minder

Also note that bells for tampers will only activate if the system is fully armed plus between certain hours. The keypad will give the indication of the tamper that has occurred so that it can be acknowledged by the user.

Advertisement