Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal Care Course - Bray

• 08-05-2012 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi, just wondering if anyone has done the 1yr Animal Care Course in Bray Institute of Further Education? Any feedback on the course/college/lecturers would be great, thanks! smile.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 nicola.louise

Hi there,
    I started the animal care course in Bray and dropped out as I didnt like the lecturers ,the classes or the fact that their level 5 was over two years.It may have changed since but thats what it was when I went.
    I then applied for the same level five animal care in Dun Laoghaire college and LOVED IT.Had my last exam on friday and am now finished the level 5 course.and have got two jobs out of it :)

I would definetly reccomend looking into both courses,as if its the Bray one your interested in,maybe go to their next open day and see what you think,but I highly reccomend Dun Laoghaire college! Lecturers are fantastic, classes and trips are brilliant and the work itself that is given is explained thoroughly whereas I didnt get that in Bray !

• Registered Users Posts: 14 LMSFP2012

Thanks a million Nicola.Louise - unfortunately the Dunlaoghaire course is full at the moment. What kind of job offers have you got since doing the course? Were you in college Monday to Friday or did you have to do a days work placement each week like in Bray?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 nicola.louise

My timetable I loved-I'm a mature student so dont think I could hack monday to friday full time in college- I was off mondays,in tuesday for a half day as it was grooming on tuesdays, wednesdays 10-4.30,Thursday 9-3,and fri 9-12 so it was a nice timetable. Only two full days really :)
    and then we had two full weeks of work experience after christmas as opposed to one day each week in Bray.
    I've just finished the course last week and would do it again if I could !!! Best of luck to you if your going to start in Bray in September :)

Im grooming at the mo and start work in the vets that i did my work experience in next month :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 LMSFP2012

:D
    Sounds great to me - I'll be going back as a mature student so having a day off would be handy to get a part time job to keep me going! Thanks a million for all the details - hope everything works out for you from here on!! :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Whippersnapper

I did the course in Bray but that was 7 years ago so probably much has changed since then.

• Advertisement
Advertisement