Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

40th Wedding Anniversary

Options
  • 08-05-2012 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

Its my parents wedding anniversary at the end of this year, so i suppose i (we ) should start thinking about what we should do to celebrate it..
    Without the whole "party in the local" usual that we have done for 21st's 30th's etc..
    has anybody got any good unique ideas!? There are 5 kids in the family, and we are all pretty broke, we might be able to throw in €200 each maybe? Well, 2 of them will probably be living abroad by the time the anniversary comes around so not sure how they will want to pitch in financially...

Any suggestions welcome!

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Plek Trum

There are great hotel deals to be had at the moment if you search around. You could easily treat your paretns to a 2 night getaway break at a 5* hotel, maybe with a spa visit for your Mum? Wouldn't cost too much between you all, say 60euro each.

For the 'family' side of things, why don't you or your siblings cook a lovely meal and invite closest family over to celebrate your parents anniversary? Few decorations wouldnt cost much, nice cake etc. Ask your parents over and 'SURPRISE' everyone is there?

You could rummage out old photos of them, have them up OR as a nice keepsake, make a photobook with old photos' of them together, through the 40 years, mark the births, events such as weddings / holidays etc, those you have lost and present it to them as a kind of 'This Is Your Life' present? Have a look at www.photobox.com for ideas...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Thank you Plek Trum.
    Nice ideas there - i'm liking the photo book idea...
    now only to get mom out of the house so i can raid her old photos..

Advertisement