Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best earphones for iPhone 4s

• 08-05-2012 2:49pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking for a good in ear earphones for the iPhone 4s.

I'm looking for good noise isolation as well as decent base.

Phone controls also but minimal in size.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

I was impressed with Apple's own in ear headphones, however i hear Klipsch sell good headphones. My friend recently got their over ear phones and was well impressed with the quality. Although klipsch is more about sound quality than base.

Just remember though that the 4s has a low quality output so don't spend too much on headphones, after a certain point they won't make a difference.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

TBi wrote: »
    I was impressed with Apple's own in ear headphones, however i hear Klipsch sell good headphones. My friend recently got their over ear phones and was well impressed with the quality. Although klipsch is more about sound quality than base.

Just remember though that the 4s has a low quality output so don't spend too much on headphones, after a certain point they won't make a difference.

Thanks for that but not what I'm looking for. Too bulky for the gym

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I suggest you look at bluetooth headphones. This cuts out the cord and you can leave the phone on the floor, in fact you can leave it anywhere in the room and not have to carry it around.

edit, if you want in-ear this may not be a good option.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

budget?

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭JayC5

I got a pair of these recently SoundMAGIC E10Ms, best I've ever had, excellent sound for the price and nice bass - google some reviews if you want to get a few more opinions. They're currently number 4 in Stuff magazine's top ten headphones list - check it out here.

To date I've tried Sony, Sennheiser and Logitech Ultimate Ears and none of them have been a patch on these, nice build and finish also. Don't be put of by the little known brand, you'll be very surprised at how good they are. I should add that I just got the regular earphones and not the iPhone mic version.

Anyway, let us know if you try them out

J

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

JayC5 wrote: »
    I got a pair of these recently SoundMAGIC E10Ms, best I've ever had, excellent sound for the price and nice bass - google some reviews if you want to get a few more opinions. They're currently number 4 in Stuff magazine's top ten headphones list - check it out here.

To date I've tried Sony, Sennheiser and Logitech Ultimate Ears and none of them have been a patch on these, nice build and finish also. Don't be put of by the little known brand, you'll be very surprised at how good they are. I should add that I just got the regular earphones and not the iPhone mic version.

Anyway, let us know if you try them out

J

Think that's what I'd be looking for. I think I saw a thread on BA for them on focalpricr cheaper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,090 ✭✭✭Sarn

I would also recommend the Klipsch Image S4i.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

[deleted by user]

I'd be looking for something like the SoundMAGIC E10Ms. Budget is about €50 absolute max.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Klipsch s4i's are great, extremely durable and the sound is perfect

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

+1 for the S4i's. Good value for what you get compared to similar quality earphones.

Where do people order the s4i's from?

Got mine on Amazon.co.uk, free delivery too

Looked at the prices on amazon. Out of my price range I'm afraid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭McGrath5

I got a pair of the Klipsch S4i myself, well worth the money imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Are they bluetooth?

No, bluetooth headphones have poor sound quality and they die really quickly. Not worth it imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Avoid Bluetooth Sound quality is poor

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭itzme

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

The new logitech ones are really good, here's a link to the catalogue

• Advertisement
Advertisement