Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

massey ferguson

• 08-05-2012 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

i am jut woundering what a massey ferguson 6160 are like, ar they good tractors, what are there pros and cons and hp, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭joe17

the massey ferguson 6160 are around 100 to 119 hp they are suppose to be very fuel economic that's all i know about them try google the name and you might get more information

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 117 ✭✭4odh4n

guy i work for runs two of them, seem to be a pretty reliable yokes. I've spent a fair few hours in them and not the worst place to spend a day in, considering their age!
    some of the things i know of that have caused him probs in the past are the front axle... it stripped splines two years in a row putting silage up on the pit (reversing), has had no problems tho since it was retired from that duty.
    make sure all electric connections under the right mudguard are clean/protected, very prone to getting a hammering from muck etc. Make sure pto controls are working correctly. If it has been looked after anyway at all the electrics are pretty bomb proof. Mudguards themselves are prone to falling apart from rust tho! The bottom of exhaust stack can be a very expensive piece of metal if it has to be replaced!! Check that is selects from high to low on the main gearstick too, although its only a matter of replacing a switch usually. Cab heater/air con controls can be prone to not working too if they are not maintained.
    Mostly stupid wee things, engine or gearbox never have had to been touched on either two, and they are well over 8000hrs each

Good gutsy yokes though, can pull well even at low revs, have no problem with 14ft silage trailers on pretty steep ground we work on. Gearbox is pretty nice to work with and pretty sure has an oil clutch so not as fragile as a dry clutch setup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭jimmy G M

Check this thread out - MF 61 series not getting great reviews?

http://farmingforum.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=62904

Looking at prices of some on DD they look cheap for what you are getting so is there a catch?

Looked at a MF 6255 - updated version of the 61 series a while back, supposed to be much better than the 61 series? - ended up buying a 4255.

Advertisement