Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refuse Collection (Dublin)

Options
  • 08-05-2012 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Has anyone else noticed a severe deterioration in the refuse collection service since greyhound took over from Dublin City council.

I live in rented accomodation and as we dont have a bin I have to use bin tags. When it was Dublin city council there was no problem is was collected every week without fail. Now with grey hound Im lucky if its collected once every three weeks. As we have no bin the bin bag has to be left outside as leaving it inside it would start to smell so if its not collected they build up. The house Im renting is divided into 4 different flats so you can imagine after 2-3 weeks of no refuse collection how much has accumulated. As we have no back garden area the bags have to be left at the from of the house but still on private property. Got a phonecall about this from my land lord in recent days as he had received a complaint about it but explained the situation to him and he is looking into it.

Now I hear that there are new regualtions being brought in that refuse for collection can only be left out a max of 15 hours before collection is due and much be brought in no more that 2 hours after you scheduled collection time if it has not been collected (can anyone clarify if this is accurate or not).

I have a few problems with this.. for one why wouldnt your refuse be collected?? this seems to suggest that it is going to be a regular occurrence that refuse is not collected. And secondly how can they in good faith be making these kind of regulations when the company meant to be collecting the refuse are doing such a bad job???

Its frustrating me no end!!!!

any thoughts anyone???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

bget wrote: »
    Has anyone else noticed a severe deterioration in the refuse collection service since greyhound took over from Dublin City council.

I live in rented accomodation and as we dont have a bin I have to use bin tags. When it was Dublin city council there was no problem is was collected every week without fail. Now with grey hound Im lucky if its collected once every three weeks. As we have no bin the bin bag has to be left outside as leaving it inside it would start to smell so if its not collected they build up. The house Im renting is divided into 4 different flats so you can imagine after 2-3 weeks of no refuse collection how much has accumulated. As we have no back garden area the bags have to be left at the from of the house but still on private property. Got a phonecall about this from my land lord in recent days as he had received a complaint about it but explained the situation to him and he is looking into it.

Now I hear that there are new regualtions being brought in that refuse for collection can only be left out a max of 15 hours before collection is due and much be brought in no more that 2 hours after you scheduled collection time if it has not been collected (can anyone clarify if this is accurate or not).

I have a few problems with this.. for one why wouldnt your refuse be collected?? this seems to suggest that it is going to be a regular occurrence that refuse is not collected. And secondly how can they in good faith be making these kind of regulations when the company meant to be collecting the refuse are doing such a bad job???

Its frustrating me no end!!!!

any thoughts anyone???

I've recently moved, but I had no problems with greyhound. I noticed that most of the bins ion the area were collected too, so I'd wager there were a few chancers or people that didn't know the state of their accounts that are leaving their rubbish out for collection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

AFAIK the collections are now every fortnight and not weekly.

Why isn't your landlord providing a proper bin service for the building? You really should have wheelie bins. The LL should be organising it and adding it into the rental charge. he should be obliged to provide communal facilities where waste can be stored.

As such, I think the problem may be more on your side of the fence than the waste collectors.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

BrianD wrote: »
    AFAIK the collections are now every fortnight and not weekly.

They may have changed the day (did in Killester), but more importantly they've changed it from black & green bins one week, brown the other to black & brown one week green the other.

OP I suggest checking greyhound's website for their schedule for your area.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭bget

antoobrien wrote: »

OP I suggest checking greyhound's website for their schedule for your area.

I did check the website and I even emailed them to explain the refuse hadnt been collected for a few weeks and the girl who emailed me back said to leave it out that wednesday night and she'd make sure they collected it. but they dont come every thursay or even every second thursday. I shouldnt have to email them every time I want my refuse collected

Advertisement