Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fetac repeat

Options
  • 08-05-2012 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I am just finished my exams in Introduction to Nursing, Infection Prevention and Control, Safety and Health, Word Processing, Communications, Work Experience, Anatomy and Physiology. I was supposed to sit a Biology exam also but failed to make it because I fell ill. I explained this to my school. They said I can do it in August when the repeats are on for those who have failed. I do not mind this. My question is what is the procedure for obtaining my major award because of this. Will I have my result on time to gain my major award to be considered for college in September? Or will I have to wait a full year to reapply for entry in 2013. Please reply asap as I am fretting a bit over this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Bicycle

Results are authenticated in May and validated by FETAC in early June. Results are then sent directly to the CAO in early July for those who have applied for CAO courses.

Therefore if you don't sit the repeat until August you will not be able to complete your application via the CAO until 2013.

Is there ANY way you could ask the college to set an exam for you in the next week or so and have it corrected prior to internal and external authentication? Explaining that you have applied to the CAO?

Advertisement