Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BFL Season 3 Betting Odd's

Options
  • 08-05-2012 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭

Green Bay Packers 7-2
    Another superbowl last year with Jake Locker at QB. They've upgraded at quarterback with Sam Bradford. Ray Rice will keep this team competitive! A forced break half way through the season might but a speed bump in this coaches plans.

New York Jets 5-1
    The Jets welcome home Revis Island to New York. With Rodgers and Gore in offense this team has only got better. The Bills have improved so it may be harder for the 16-0 Jets.

Arizona Cardinals 9-1
    Matty Ice Ryan will need to bring it to another level to lift the Vincent Lombardi Trophy . Week 3's matchup against the 49ers will be telling. The 49ers will be more improved yet again ! Williams at running back will need to have another productive year but at age 32 will he be able to keep it up ?

The Denver Bronco's 9-1
    Cody Hopes comes off his rookie season at QB bring his team to the Championship game. Can this young team push forward to the superbowl this year? With an improved O-line and a dual tight end threat. It looks at least to be another AFC West title.

The Buffalo Bill 11-1
    The Bills say good bye to Troy Polamalu and say hello to Jay Cutler at QB 1 . Marshawn Lynch and Danny Woodhead in the backfield will spilt the carries effectively for good season. Week 3 Jets @ Bills . If the Bills have any hope of winning the AFC East , a home game against the Jets is a must.

The Chicago Bears 14-1
    The Bears looked a like a team last year which were one year away from being a good play off team. This Season they fight it out against the Packers and a dangerous Lion's teams who need to get back to the play off's

Right folks thats the first six teams odd's for the superbowl

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I'll take a piece of the Jets @ 5/1 ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

This trip is gonna murder my chances in getting the Bowl back again. 10-6 should get the play offs in the NFC this year I hope!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Is this the Madden Cover Curse of the BFL?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Yes, me may aswell not even bother showing up to Broncos games and just hand them the AFC West.

Here are my odds:
    Packers evens
    Jets evens
    Cardinals 10-1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

matthew8 wrote: »
    Yes, me may aswell not even bother showing up to Broncos games and just hand them the AFC West.

They got to the AFC Championship game. With an excellent Offense no real need to change the teams offense. Although run D is needed.

I'm calculating the Raiders odd's but its hard to calculate considering you've drastically changed your playing style.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭daflood

Ill put 10g on both Jets and Packers and then lay the bets on Betfair for an instant payday!!

Oohh, I will also lay the odds of me winning my div. I am away for June and the chargers beat me in week 1..... ;)

daflood wrote: »
    Ill put 10g on both Jets and Packers and then lay the bets on Betfair for an instant payday!!

Oohh, I will also lay the odds of me winning my div. I am away for June and the chargers beat me in week 1..... ;)

Away all June? Fantastic, that means I may have officially the softest schedule in the league. 8 CPU games if the dates fall right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Now we've reached the post season its time to guess the odds on who's gonna win it all !

Lets start with are past winner

The Green Bay Packers

Previous odds : 7-2 New odds : 6-1

Why have there odds gotten worse ? Well the NFC has become much more competitive . With the Giants and Bucc's both taking the 1 and 2 seed's. They still won the NFC East but to win the superbowl they may have to beat both the giants and Bucc's and more than likely the Buffalo Bills to win it all.

The New York Jets

Previous odds: 5-1 New odds : 5-1

The Jets ! Well what can you say ! One defeat isnt enough to change there odds. Regaining there 1st seed yet again.

The New York Giants

Previous odds : 26-1 New odds : 7-2

Thats right ! The Giants are the front runners in the BFL ! An undefeated season * shoots them up to number 1 seed. Drew Brees being fit for the entire season is the difference maker here. With Brees and the Giants front four its hard to see how teams will be able to beat this impressive pass rush and 7 men in coverage.

The Oakland Raiders

Previous odds 30-1 new odds 98-0.21

One and done. I said it here folks ! Totally unbiased view

Cincinnati Bengals

(Read Bewildering Bengals ... coming soon)

Detroit Lions

Previous odds : 21-1 New odds : 20-1

I predicted a play off spot for the Lions, They've gotten that, will they lose to the giants in round 2 ? Odds are against them. But with Deseannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn Jackson and CJ2K the lions are in any game !

San Diego Chargers

Previous odds: None offered New odds : 20-1

Long odds indeed ! but if they win there game against the bengals there reward is a trip to New Jersey against the Jets awaits. Blount at running back finished 2nd in the nfl in rushing. If he can have his best games in the play offs the Chargers have a chance.

Tennessee Titans

Previous odds 18-1 New Odds 16-1

MJD cannot be discounted, he can break 80 yard runs for fun. If he does this against the Bills then they will give themselves the best chance to get too round 2. A honeymoon in between the play offs! Get your priorities right !

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Previous odds 26-1 New odds: 5-1

They've pushed there odds right down ! An explosive offense with a take away defense ! If the Packers win as the favorites against Bears, we will see a shoot out in Tampa Bay ! If the packers play Tampa . The Bucc's will not be able to nano blitz or they may be banned from the BFL .

Seahawks : sadly they've already lost !

Chicago Bears

Previous odds 34-1 New Odds 20-1

Eli Manning and Dwayne Bowe . stop them and you win !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Think we are missing a team !!!!!!!!!

Well...its the Buffalo Bills who beat the Jets last meeting out and must now be slightly better odds that what the Jets are to win it all. The Jets are 5/1,so the question is what is ever so slightly shorter odds that that...oh I got it 4.9/1

Odd thing about those odds is that they can be also shown as.......98/20...!

Packers are the only team to have won the Madden 12 bowl, have only lost 1 game they've played this season, have just completed their second shut out in a row, and they're 3rd favourites? :) Suits us to the ground. No expectations, unlike the Bucs and Jets ;)

• Advertisement

New odds for me, Raiders no bet:

Packers 5/4
    Jets 7/4
    Giants 5/1
    Buccs 6/1
    Bills 15/1
    Titans 100/1 (if we get really really early advances)
    Bears 20/1
    Lions 20/1
    Chargers 30/1
    Bengals 30/1

Needless to say shady people in Jets paraphernalia don't make any special requests at our betting stand.

As it happens, 3 of the teams with the longest odds (from 20-1 onwards) are the 3 teams not on my black list. And Pete Rozelle's team isn't one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ibmax

SantryRed wrote: »
    Packers are the only team to have won the Madden 12 bowl, have only lost 1 game they've played this season, have just completed their second shut out in a row, and they're 3rd favourites? :) Suits us to the ground. No expectations, unlike the Bucs and Jets ;)

Where are these expectations coming from??? Jets and Pack have to be the favourites. I'm in the playoffs off the back of a soft schedule and hoping to be competitive with whoever I meet.... Whoever that might be ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

Am I up against the Giants in the next round?

Raoul wrote: »
    Am I up against the Giants in the next round?

Yep.

Lions @ Giants
    Packers @ Buccs

SantryRed wrote: »
    Yep.

Lions @ Giants
    Packers @ Buccs

Hoping to prove something against the Giants. Been in top form in Madden at the moment.

Whats the updated odds now Dave? :) 2 of your top 4 picks are gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Yeah Dave, and with the Bills beating Jets in their last meeting I hope the bookies reflect that.

Advertisement