Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mad hornet Quad help please with issues

• 08-05-2012 3:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭

Hi, i recently picked up a small mini quad for next to nothing, bit of a project if ya like

have it near striped out in the shed whilst trying to get it running

problem i am having is when i kick it over (pull cord) it revs up and then cuts out, i took the carb off and noticed that the jet in side wasnt connected proper and also the jet was cloged, so uncloged it and reattached it but still seems to be the same

anyone have any advise on how to sort this?

or

anyone around the firhouse/tallaght area that knows how to fix these and wouldnt mind droping down to mine :)

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭eurofoxy

is there a screw for adjusting de carb... if so try turning the screw when she starts, try it in both directions as i think the mixture is off thats what usually causes bad idle or revving like that...
    i have never done it on a quad but have loads of experience in dealing with carved engines...
    and sorry not in dublin so can't help...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭vectrahed

thanks for the advise, yes i see a screw on the side of the carb from looking at videos on youtube i think its the one anyhow, has a spring aswell around it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭eurofoxy

thats the one, try adjusting it in either direction till you get it to stay running then with small movements try to get the engine idling at constant rpm,s
    then try it with a bit of throttle etc, and see how she runs..

but be carful as if the mixture is off by too much you could do damage to the engine, have a look on you tube there is bound to be a video etc about tuning the engine to the correct pitch etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭vectrahed

well i never got that far :) was just about to give it ago and the dam pull cord snapped on me, when i took that off to fix the coil spring decided that it was coming off to lol

anyhow got the coil spring back on, reattached the pull cord, but now

when i pull it, the metal piece inside dosnt slide out to grip the motor to spin :(

its really testing me today

Advertisement