Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Nvidia GRX Card Query

Options
  • 08-05-2012 4:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hey I am looking to update my graphics card, this is for a project. For the programmes I need to use I need to upgrade to a NVIDIA Geforce 7800 or better card. My Laptop is a Dell Inspiron 1500 or 1600 can't remember as I am in work at present and it runs off Windows. Does anyone know if installing the above graphics card on an old laptop is possible? And if there is a place in Dublin that would install a new graphics card for me without breaking the bank?Or should I just invest in a new laptop that has this card built in? And if so any ideas?

Sorry about this but very new to graphics cards and spent last two days reading stuff and getting very very lost. Any help would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,405 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

you can not upgrade the GPU on a laptop. Sorry.

Advertisement