Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funding College Fees / Accommodation

Options
  • 08-05-2012 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi Guys,

New to the forum and was hoping someone would have some advice for me i have made the decision to go back to college a year in September (Well away i know, i am doing a FETAC course first) and i have some questions in relation to the financial side of things. Even though there is a substantial amount of time before i wish to go back to college i am already pondering on how i am going to financially put myself through college.

A few Background Facts -

I am currently saving in a credit union.

I only have a part time weekend job. (most of my wages go on board)

I am living with the parents.

I am 99.9% sure i do not apply for a grant. (ABSOLUTE JOKE)

I will not be eligible for a mature student grant as i will be 22 when i start the course.

I have been claiming (X&O CARD) BUT...even that is means tested to the smallest amount they can give me.

My parents cant afford to send me to college as i have two younger siblings that have to go through and even then they will have to get a loan.

The ONLY reason i am studying away from home is because the course i want to study is not offered at my local IT.

Unlike the United Kingdom there does not seem to be any form of student loan has anyone got any suggestions on what i can do or apply for or does anyone know of any financial support available.

Thanks In advanced for any information

Advertisement