Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

getting from dublin city to swan centre in rathmines?

Options
  • 08-05-2012 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭

Hello!
    can anyone give me directions to get from city into rathmines?
    id prefer to do it by luas as im used to luas, is there a luas stop near swan centre?! if so how far from the stop till i get to swan center?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

It's not too far from the Luas at all, just get off at Ranelagh and head straight up Charleston Road (turn right at the exit of the Luas stop, walk up the road past Redmonds off license and turn right again at at the Triangle/Centra). Swan Centre is at the very end of that road on the right hand side. Shouldn't take more than 10 minutes at most.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

get the bus lots go through rathmines

15,15a,15b,14,140,65,65b,83 and they all stop at the front of the swan centre apart

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Less of a walk if you get the bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭ajjmk

It's only about a 25min walk from Stephens Green if you didn't want to bother with the Luas. Walk down Harcourt Street, continue onto Lower Camden St, then go straight on down Rathmines Road Lower. You'll see if on the left hand side. It's a red brick building, the entrance is beside McDonalds. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Gauge wrote: »
    It's not too far from the Luas at all, just get off at Ranelagh and head straight up Charleston Road (turn right at the exit of the Luas stop, walk up the road past Redmonds off license and turn right again at at the Triangle/Centra). Swan Centre is at the very end of that road on the right hand side. Shouldn't take more than 10 minutes at most.

9 mins walk from Ranelagh Luas to Swan Centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,745 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Why walk from Ranelagh when 8 bus routes take you from the heart of the city centre to outside the entrance of the Swan Centre?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭NilByMouth

lxflyer wrote: »
    Why walk from Ranelagh when 8 bus routes take you from the heart of the city centre to outside the entrance of the Swan Centre?

The OP mentioned he/she perfered using the LUAS

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭happyfish

Yeah I'd say the luas is more hassle than it's worth. better off walking if you don't want to get the bus it's only about 25 mins :) Where in the city centre are you coming from?

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭theavenger

Piliger wrote: »

9 mins walk from Ranelagh Luas to Swan Centre.

5 seconds away from bus stop

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

How often does the 8 come ? ....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

Piliger wrote: »
    How often does the 8 come ? ....

are you serious or trying to be smart or maybe your not wearing your reading glasses

Originally Posted by lxflyer

how is 8 bus routes the same as the number 8 bus

NilByMouth wrote: »
    The OP mentioned he/she perfered using the LUAS

Then I would respectfully suggest the OP should start trying the bus. That is a daft reason to unnecessarily lengthen a journey.

Then I would respectfully suggest the OP should start trying the bus. That is a daft reason to unnecessarily lengthen a journey.

It's also cheaper to get the bus from the city centre to Rathmines I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Walk it! I do it all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭mysteries1984

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    It's also cheaper to get the bus from the city centre to Rathmines I think.

It's €1.90 on the bus. Can't remember how much on the Luas but it's either €1.60 or €2.

It's €1.90 on the bus. Can't remember how much on the Luas but it's either €1.60 or €2.

Its 2 euro from Stephen's Green to Ranelagh. So it's 10 cent dearer and then there's a walk involved too.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Its 2 euro from Stephen's Green to Ranelagh. So it's 10 cent dearer and then there's a walk involved too.

Plus, you'd get away with €1.40 on the bus too

A Disgrace wrote: »
    Plus, you'd get away with €1.40 on the bus too

I would hope you're not advocating breaking the law? The cash fare is €1.90 to Rathmines - €1.40 is valid from city centre to the last stop before the canal.

LEAP offers a cheaper alternative at €1.70.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I would hope you're not advocating breaking the law?

The paying the wrong fare on the bus law?

Advertisement