Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What are These "Meet up" groups?

• 08-05-2012 5:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

I was sitting with some friends at the weekend having some drinks when this girl sat down at our table and introduced herself, she asked us our names and said this was her first meet up and she was so nervous but looking forward to getting to know us.

When we realised she had come over to the wrong group of girls, it was a bit uncomfortable, thank God she saw the funny side, we sat and chatted with her till her group started arriving. I've never heard of these before.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭RedXIV

ah swingers :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

Knowledge of the film Eyes wide shut is required for further discussion of this subject.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

She was waiting for her lesbian friends, and was trying to infiltrate your 'group'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Sounds like a boards beers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Well . . . they are groups of like minded individuals that like to meet in person from time to time. Friends through boards. Like facebook but more sophisticated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

www.meetup.com has all the information you need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Killer Wench

harperlee wrote: »
    I was sitting with some friends at the weekend having some drinks when this girl sat down at our table and introduced herself, she asked us our names and said this was her first meet up and she was so nervous but looking forward to getting to know us.

When we realised she had come over to the wrong group of girls, it was a bit uncomfortable, thank God she saw the funny side, we sat and chatted with her till her group started arriving. I've never heard of these before.

It is a website where you go join groups that "meet-up" around specific themes. An example, that young lady may have joined a meet-up group for single young women who work in IT or attend college. There are meet-up groups for hillwalkers, knitters, single parents, or whatever. It is a cool concept especially if you are new in town and want to find friends with similar lifestyles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Gyalist wrote: »
    www.meetup.com has all the information you need.
    It is a website where you go join groups that "meet-up" around specific themes. An example, that young lady may have joined a meet-up group for single young women who work in IT or attend college. There are meet-up groups for hillwalkers, knitters, single parents, or whatever. It is a cool concept especially if you are new in town and want to find friends with similar lifestyles.

Oh I thought everyone was referring to the boards meet up groups, carry on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,140 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

She actually meant that she wants to get some meat up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭SoulTrader

I hear there's a meetup group for people who lived with uptight housemates. You might wanna give it a go. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

I've had couch surfers come over to my group of friends before thinking we were a meetup for that. I also used to go to meetups with folk from an online game I used to play, and on one occasion someone else from the game was looking for us (a group of strangers) and accidentally introduced himself to a group of swingers.

Another also went over and asked "Are you mudders" to a group (the type of game is called a "MUD") and they said yes, he was sitting with them for about 20 minutes before realising they were from a different mud, in the same pub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Sofaspud wrote: »
    Another also went over and asked "Are you mudders" to a group (the type of game is called a "MUD") and they said yes, he was sitting with them for about 20 minutes before realising they were from a different mud, in the same pub.

"Are you mothers?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Mr.Biscuits

First rule of meet-up group is .. oh, wait I better not say.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 17 Xim1

Is a great way to meet people when you are new in town or want to expand your circle o friends..besides the normal stuff (pubs)you can go to seminars , walks, cinema etc.
    I am actually attending a seminar in numerology, this Thursday May 10th 7:30 pm temple bar hotel in case you want to 'meet up' LOL :)

http://www.meetup.com/A-sober-slice-of-Dublin/events/59438542/

Advertisement