Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iphone4 overseaas locations services

• 08-05-2012 6:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭

I've got iphone4 and I use 02IRL as my provider in Ireland

I will be on vacation in few weeks in france and I don't want to have the 3g turned on as too expensive.

If I take photos with the iPhone in France will they still have the location information attached to them?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Unless you are connected to WiFi at the time, I don't think so. It needs the internet to help pinpoint your location and download maps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

Yes they will. You will be fine. This has worked for me even with a 3gs. Just make sure you have location services turned on for the camera.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

I've tried it here with just location services on (3G and wifi off) and it does add the location data to the photos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

But does it use data to add the location to the services or can it determine a location from the GSM signal?

how would it use data if all data 3g wifi mobile data is off?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

how would it use data if all data 3g wifi mobile data is off?

It uses the GPS chip

jester77 wrote: »
    It uses the GPS chip

Which I presume is free? It hasn't cost me anything anyway

Advertisement