Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia won't turn on!

Options
  • 08-05-2012 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

Hey guys,

I have a Nokia C3 (1 year old). It was working fine an hour ago, picked it up 20mins ago to send a text and I noticed it was off! I thought maybe it went off in my pocket because the screen might not have been locked!

Anyways I tried to turn it on but no luck. The screen lights up white and it vibrates to show it's being powered on but the screen goes blank again and that's as far as I can get with it.

Any ideas? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Needs to be sent away for repair. Return it to the shop you bought it in. It's covered under 24 month warranty, will be free of charge once you haven't dropped it etc.

It might be just a loose ribbon cable on the LCD, often the case with this senario

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Exactly what happened to an old phone of mine, repair is the only solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Jonny Drama

cheers guys

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Jonny Drama

It seems to be my memeory card! Nokia fixed it today saying they replaced the screen cos it was faulty, while also re-booting the battery and installing an up-grade iof the memory.

So I was happy out, went home, put in my memory card again (the guy in the shop took it out) and when I put the mem card back in it went off again.. So every time I've taken it in/out the problem happens/goes away!! Strange one........

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

It seems to be my memeory card! Nokia fixed it today saying they replaced the screen cos it was faulty, while also re-booting the battery and installing an up-grade iof the memory.

So I was happy out, went home, put in my memory card again (the guy in the shop took it out) and when I put the mem card back in it went off again.. So every time I've taken it in/out the problem happens/goes away!! Strange one........

That is a strange one, least you have discovered it

• Advertisement
Advertisement