Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aussies Picking On Irish Again

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ah you see not everyone thinks pissed Irish are just good craic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

What's the difference in an Irish wake, and an Australian wake?

3 less drunks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Elvis_Presley

Picking on the irish? There's plenty of twats over there acting like retards making all Irish look like drunken scumbags. I'm just surprised its taken this long for something like this to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

someone call the banter police someone just spilled the buzz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭tonycascarino

It is probably their first time away from mammy and daddy, they just do not know how to conduct themselves properly in their new found freedom.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭MickySticks

Flamin galahs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

But they are all over there thousands of miles away from mammy and daddy because the big bad government couldn't find them a job at home?

They wouldn't be out drinking and enjoying themselves surely?

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭a fat guy

To be fair to them, the last time I was on holiday (In TY, we went to Austria) one of the lads broke another lads bed by throwing him through it.

I think it's more of a case of a few bad eggs spoiling the fun for everyone and the Australian authority tarring all of the Irish with the same brush.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Didn't it turn out that that ad saying 'No Irish' was actually by an Irish dude living in Australia?

Picking on the irish? There's plenty of twats over there acting like retards making all Irish look like drunken scumbags. I'm just surprised its taken this long for something like this to happen.

I don't get the "picking on the Irish" thing either, if anything this is along the lines of "community policing", they're trying to get the message to as many people as possible that a lot of the behaviour happening now is unacceptable and are giving way more than a fair warning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭shofukan

This time its the western aussie police
    Stop being such a ****ing miser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

So there's a recession.

The good news: every unemployable twat you ever knew, who was just a lout and nuisance to society, is moving to Oz!

The bad news: Aussies are soon going to start kicking them out by the boatload. So now they'll be back home, have no Plan B left and will just be destined to annoy us until the day that they die.

I don't get the "picking on the Irish" thing either, if anything this is along the lines of "community policing", they're trying to get the message to as many people as possible that a lot of the behaviour happening now is unacceptable and are giving way more than a fair warning.

I thought the same.

If you are going to make an idiot of yourself, your behaviour won't be tolerated. It isn't like that are saying we are only going to charge and prosecute Irish people.

Get over it. If you aren't acting like a d*ckhead, you have nothing to worry about.

Fair play to the police I say. :)

PS. I think I stopped saying 'picking on' when I was 11.

Get over it. If you aren't acting like a d*ckhead, you have nothing to worry about.

Generally I don't like that line of argument but in this case it's hard to argue with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

I wish the Irish that is causing the trouble would just cop on. I know it happens in every country but Ireland is getting a bad name in Australia over this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,509 ✭✭✭cml387

In other news, The Garda Siochana have decided to ignore anti-social behaviour by the XXXXXX immigrant community.

A Garda spokesman said that they have decided to concentrate their policing on native scumbags only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

cml387 wrote: »
    In other news, The Garda Siochana have decided to ignore anti-social behaviour by the XXXXXX immigrant community.

A Garda spokesman said that they have decided to concentrate their policing on native scumbags only.

You have a link for that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Young backpackers drunk and up to mischief shocker! Happens with all nationalities, Aussies are pretty much the same in London.

Also what's the problem with GAA jerseys, isn't unique to Irish lads to wear sports tops while abroad. Plus guess what, you often see Aussies with AFL or NRL tops this side of the world too.

Storm in a teacup being whipped up by all too common xenophobia and casual racism in WA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

BREAKING NEWS:
    JONJO in rare "starting thread about the negatives of Irish/Aussie relationships" scandal!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Why do people pick up on the GAA jerseys

There are Americans going around with T shirts and hoodies from the colleges.
    My boss does this and he left college decades ago

Is it not the same thing except the GAA jerseys are loud and colourful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

In fairness id say the aussie police tolerate a lot before they take measures like that.the savages in gaa jerseys must have done a lot for that to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

crazygeryy wrote: »
    In fairness id say the aussie police tolerate a lot before they take measures like that.the savages in gaa jerseys must have done a lot for that to happen.
    You've not been to Australia then if you can use the words 'aussie police' and 'tolerate' in the same sentence!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Tym

(shrugs) Perhaps the area it was happening in is made up of mostly Irish people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Go visit a Walkabout pub in London to see how the Aussies behave with drink :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Good to see they're active in tackling the problems. I wouldnt really call it picking on us, just what has to be done I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭golden lane

shame on the british......for turning a whole nation, into a nation of moaners..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

cml387 wrote: »

A Garda spokesman said that they have decided to concentrate their policing on native scumbags only speeding tickets (particularly on wide, straight dual carriageways, that have no history of accidents).
    FYP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Can't understand how the Aussie's are letting in such a large number of Irish who have fairly serious convictions here.:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

charlemont wrote: »
    Can't understand how the Aussie's are letting in such a large number of Irish who have fairly serious convictions here.:confused:

Old habit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭IrishAm

Yes Johnjoe, those awful racist Aussies. How anti Irish of them to issue working holiday visas to tens of thousands of young Irish people and to keep them off the live register! :pac:

The vast majority of these Irish immigrants are from smaller rural areas and its probably their first time living abroad.

The older, more established Irish community and Irish organisations in Oz need to have a word with these p*ssheads and get them to control their behaviour. They have been given a great opportunity in Oz. If they work hard, they can get a sponsor and eventually citizenship. It they want to fuck that up for themselves, fine. But if they keep acting the bollix I wouldnt be surprised if the authorities put an end to the working holiday visa and others will miss out due to their actions.

That, and they are tarnishing our name. We have a good name abroad. The Celtic Cubs may change that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

They should be sent back to whatever hell hole they came from.

charlemont wrote: »

I was under the impression you needed a clean record to enter the country? Maybe people are lying on the visa forms and the Aussies arent carrying out sufficient background checks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

This time its the western aussie police, maybe they should take a look at there own troublemakers and ignorant idiots that seem to be prevelant in the land of skippy than pick on one race of people, of course what would you expect from one of the most ignorant countries in the world.

Fair play to ye jonjo, ye didn't sink to their alleged level by generalising and tarring all with the same brush.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

So someone posted an E-mail stating something without anything directly from the cops....um, that's perfectly legit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

What we think is normal and happens every weekend up and down Ireland is not considered normal in countries like Oz. It is considered completely normal to have large groups of noisy, fighting, vomiting, arguing, screaming, vandalising, littering drunken people running riot from 12am to 3am in every small to medium size town and city on a Friday and Saturday night here.

Other countries drink but don't turn into rabid delinquents like a lot of Irish do. We seem to think the louder and more boisterous we are the better crack we are. Ah shur i was only messin liiiiiiike! Whats wrong wit ya! I was only havin the craic liiiiiike!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Go visit a Walkabout pub in London to see how the Aussies behave with drink :)

Exactly maybe the met should target the Aussies, you could imagine the uproar in England if they did because police dont single out races in public there unlike the aussies.

Jimoslimos wrote: »
    You've not been to Australia then if you can use the words 'aussie police' and 'tolerate' in the same sentence!

A mate of mine lives over there and he was telling me that on Saint Patricks Day the cops were out in force. Their immigration officers were intermingling with the crowds of Irish and checking them, to make sure they were not overstayers. Very polite and courteous. They carted off a couple and deported them.

Proper order, too. I wish our boyos were that proactive.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Johnny Derpp

Dickheads in Ireland are just as likely to be dickheads in Australia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Jimoslimos wrote: »
    crazygeryy wrote: »

I lived there for 2 years stop talking out through your arse.u must have loads of experience with them then.are you a gaa jersey wearing savage by any chance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

IrishAm wrote: »
    A mate of mine lives over there and he was telling me that on Saint Patricks Day the cops were out in force. Their immigration officers were intermingling with the crowds of Irish and checking them, to make sure they were not overstayers. Very polite and courteous. They carted off a couple and deported them.

Fair play to them
    Proper order, too. I wish our boyos were that proactive.

No, that'd be racist

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Sound of Silence

woodoo wrote: »
    What we think is normal and happens every weekend up and down Ireland is not considered normal in countries like Oz. It is considered completely normal to have large groups of noisy, fighting, vomiting, arguing, screaming, vandalising, littering drunken people running riot from 12am to 3am in every small to medium size town and city on a Friday and Saturday night here.

Other countries drink but don't turn into rabid delinquents like a lot of Irish do. We seem to think the louder and more boisterous we are the better crack we are. Ah shur i was only messin liiiiiiike! Whats wrong wit ya! I was only havin the craic liiiiiike!

Every Nation has it's fair share of eejits.

Have you ever watched Channel Five in the UK? It effectively airs endless reiterations of "Booze Britain" on an almost daily basis. Much of what they air wouldn't look out of place in any Town or City across Ireland.

As much as you would like to believe, we are not entirely unique in our attitude toward excessive drinking. :rolleyes:

Regarding the accusation of Anti-Irish sentiment. I wouldn't be so quick to cry foul. My Brother and his Friend were unfortunate enough to have found themselves on the sharp end of Aussie bigotry - not because they were Irish, rather because they were Backpackers.

Exactly maybe the met should target the Aussies, you could imagine the uproar in England if they did because police dont single out races in public there unlike the aussies.

Oh for God's sake, of course the English police would come down hard on a group of Aussies acting like eejits at a Walkabout pub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

If you prance about the Antipodes in a GAA jersey, you deserve to be taken by a shark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Sappa

If you walk up Swanson street Melbourne in the late hours on a weekend,the amount of Aussie idiots,screaming and being a twat is very evident.
    Now certain groups of ay nation with booze in one area are going to make some noise when they are drunk,targeting the Irish is purely picking on an easy target,let them deal with there own idiots but they can`t so they just zone in on an easy target.

Sappa wrote: »
    If you walk up Swanson street Melbourne in the late hours on a weekend,the amount of Aussie idiots,screaming and being a twat is very evident.
    Now certain groups of ay nation with booze in one area are going to make some noise when they are drunk,targeting the Irish is purely picking on an easy target,let them deal with there own idiots but they can`t so they just zone in on an easy target.

What do you mean 'let them deal with there [sic] own idiots but they can't?' :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

This time its the western aussie police, maybe they should take a look at there own troublemakers and ignorant idiots that seem to be prevelant in the land of skippy than pick on one race of people, of course what would you expect from one of the most ignorant countries in the world.

http://www.broadsheet.ie/2012/05/08/notice-from-western-australia-police-%E2%80%93-irish-antisocial-behaviour-in-perth/

oooo good and the irish never treated the polish or any other easter europena badly noooooooo :rolleyes:

Long time coming I say!

Snowie wrote: »
    oooo good and the irish never treated the polish or any other easter europena badly noooooooo :rolleyes:

Some employers might have. Not the Irish people. Nor the Irish government. And I cant ever remember the Gardai picking on them either.

Big difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Sound of Silence

What do you mean 'let them deal with there [sic] own idiots but they can't?' :confused:

Rather than tackling binge drinking as a whole, the authorities have chosen to single out one portion of the community.

I guess it's always better to put a face on a crime. It's much easier for the public to direct their anger.

I'm just speculating. I've yet to see any solid evidence that the authorities are specifically targeting the Irish community.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dirtyden

Snowie wrote: »

Long time coming I say!

The Irish police would not treat Polish people like that.

The Irish would not be the first group to be higlighted as being somehow antisocial by australians. It would be the aborigines in Darwin or Cairns, sometimes the Lebanese in sydney and whatever ethnic group is flavour of the month in Melbourne.

Casual racism is as australian as kangaroos and always has been.

• Advertisement
Advertisement