Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me identify this Aritech smoke detector

Options
  • 08-05-2012 7:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

http://imgur.com/L75qT

Hi all, I'm trying to identify the model of this old Aritech smoke detector. It recently broke and I'm trying to find a suitable replacement (I can't even figure out how to unmount it). Thanks in advance for any help! :)

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Your unlikely to get the same. But generally they will all be 12 volt with an open close relay.
    Can you post up a picture or description of the connections .
    Something like these or these would do the job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Xeth

Thanks for the reply. Part of the issue is I can't even figure out how to get the cover off :o. I tried twisting and gently pulling and prying. I'm trying to get the model number so I can find a data sheet or at least instructions on how to open the damned thing.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It should turn anti-clockwise to come off its base. See if there is a small slot any where around it, if so just push a small terminal screwdriver into that & try twist .

Advertisement