Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is similar to a Nokia E52?

Options
  • 08-05-2012 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭

I have a Nokia E52, unfortunately the screen is starting to go so I need a new phone. I want something similar, this one has a good battery life, I get away with charging it once a week maybe - I don't use the fancy functions much and I don't talk a lot either, I mainly text, check the internet about once a month when I need something urgently and take the odd picture, so I'm really under-using this smart phone, but in any case, I need a new one and I'm overwhelmed with modern technology!

Any suggestions? Battery life is really a major issue, I travel a lot and don't want to have to charge the yoke every five seconds!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

Due largely to Nokia's recent troubles, they really didn't make anything that compares to the E52 unfortunately.

You could take a look at the C3-01, the C5-00 5MP and the Asha 300 but I don't know whether the battery life on any of those would compare to the E52.

I could probably source a refurbished E52 for you if it was of any interest. Or you could ask a Nokia service centre if they'd refurb your E52 for you, paying particular attention to the screen.

Just did some googling and the E52 has a 1500mah battery while the others have smaller capacity batteries. Given what you've said about the usage, you would probably be ok with one of these although I think the screens maybe a bit smaller than the E52 and you may not like the modern plasticky keypads.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

C3-00 is a decent phone. Can ask the sister but I think battery life is about 2 days. She texts incessantly though ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭cltt97

Many thanks for all the feedback! I quite like the look of the Asha model - I checked and the battery in there is a BL-4U 111mAH whereas in my E52 it is a BP-4L 1500mAh - so was wondering, would the better battery fit into the phone, they look of similar shape and size?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,458 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Just make sure you don't buy a used E55, they look lovely with a QWERTY keyboard (two letters per key) and a decent size screen but there are almost no apps for it, not even Facebook or Twitter clients, even though it's nominally a Symbian phone.

you really wouldn't be able to tell about the battery size without physically trying them!

• Advertisement

Good point, I think I will just make sure I have my old phone with me when looking at a new one!

Well, an ever so helpful shop assistant in carphone warehouse recommended I buy a new screen on ebay and check youtube on how to replace it, so I am in the process of trying that route - if it just lasts long enough so I can transfer all my contacts onto the sim I'll be a happy camper!

If you're going to do that sure you might as well take it to a Nokia Service Centre and get them to refurb it for you.

Advertisement