Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing Forums

Options
  • 07-05-2012 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭

Since the recent merge of Kilkenny City and County forums some regions have gone missing from my drop down menu. I posted a screenshot of the issue in the Kilkenny forum but no one seems to have a solution for me. Am I the only person with the issue?

South East and West are missing.

1tv8yw.png

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

Go to menu preferences (gear symbol on the right hand side) and set it to netbook mode. See if that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Surley wrote: »
    Go to menu preferences (gear symbol on the right hand side) and set it to netbook mode. See if that helps.

When I set it to netbook mode the missing regions do appear but the text is so small I can barely read it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I noticed a problem earlier today with the display of the Region category where everything was in a single column. That seems to have been resolved now though. Is it still messed up for you? Maybe try logging out and then back in again.

Yes still messed up I'm afraid. I've logged out and logged back in, no joy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

What's the resolution of your screen? Try increasing it. I've found that the beta skin doesn't work well with low resolution screens.

• Advertisement

Surley wrote: »
    What's the resolution of your screen? Try increasing it. I've found that the beta skin doesn't work well with low resolution screens.

1366 x 768

Been working fine for the last year until the Kilkenny forums merged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

I've don't any of the south and south-east fora either.

Never knew they existed before reading this thread mind:o. You never miss what you never knew you had.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Interestingly the issue I described seems to be back. I'm on my work computer rather than my home computer but it's the same browser (Opera 11.62). The screen resolution is 1920 x 1200. South East and West are present (just cut off).

missing_forums.jpg

Is anybody able to fix this or offer a solution?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

One would assume this would be better suited to site development where they who develop and maintain the site hang out. Have you tried there?

• Advertisement

MugMugs wrote: »
    One would assume this would be better suited to site development where they who develop and maintain the site hang out. Have you tried there?

No, I never knew it existed. Thought this was the place to post.
    Cheers.

Since the recent merge of Kilkenny City and County forums some regions have gone missing from my drop down menu. I posted a screenshot of the issue in the Kilkenny forum but no one seems to have a solution for me. Am I the only person with the issue?

South East and West are missing.

1tv8yw.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

How wide is your screen? How up to date is your Chrome?

You can see that directly under Kildare in the first column is Meath and Monaghan, both of which are not in East, but belong in North East.

The Region dropdown is a 3 column wide menu, but on your machine it's being squashed down into 2 columns with column 3 (starting with Meath) being pushed over left under column 1. This is why the regions/forums appear to be missing.

I cannot replicate this issue with an up to date Google Chrome and Windows 7, everything looks fine here. Please disable any Chrome extensions, clear your cache and try again.

How wide is your screen? How up to date is your Chrome?

You can see that directly under Kildare in the first column is Meath and Monaghan, both of which are not in East, but belong in North East.

The Region dropdown is a 3 column wide menu, but on your machine it's being squashed down into 2 columns with column 3 (starting with Meath) being pushed over left under column 1. This is why the regions/forums appear to be missing.

I cannot replicate this issue with an up to date Google Chrome and Windows 7, everything looks fine here. Please disable any Chrome extensions, clear your cache and try again.

The menu was fine on the machine untill the day of the merge.

I've disabled extensions and cleared the cache but no joy. I posted in feedback forum couple days ago as I was not aware of this forum and someone over there is having the same issue.

I'll see what I can do for you tomorrow then :)

Danny

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Same issue on my 2 machines...using chrome version 18.0.1025.168 m.

2 columns only under region. All entries appear ok on my desktop screen but the entries at the bottom of the first column are missing on my widescreen laptop. Only started happening the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,346 ✭✭✭✭looksee

All you have to do is narrow the window so the drop-down changes shape, I just had the same problem after going from a 21" screen to a laptop.

looksee wrote: »
    All you have to do is narrow the window so the drop-down changes shape, I just had the same problem after going from a 21" screen to a laptop.

Why has it changed, it's been perfect for years on same laptop. I don't want to be using narrow windows

ft9 wrote: »
    Why has it changed, it's been perfect for years on same laptop. I don't want to be using narrow windows

Agreed, and there is an issue, but for the moment you can access the list by making the window a bit narrower.

Yes, access to the list is easily obtained by clicking on Region.

• Advertisement

Yes, access to the list is easily obtained by clicking on Region.

Phooey, that's a boring, obvious solution! ;)

looksee wrote: »

Fair enough workaround, but it is still a bug. Twas fine until very recently...now broken.

The beta menu's been "broken" secretly for a long time with that one. It just reared it's head because an exact set of conditions were met when Kilkenny City & County were merged.

I've got a fix in for it, and have regenerated the menus. If the problem persists, clear your cache (CTRL+SHIFT+DELETE on Chrome)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Kamjana

The beta menu's been "broken" secretly for a long time with that one. It just reared it's head because an exact set of conditions were met when Kilkenny City & County were merged.

I've got a fix in for it, and have regenerated the menus. If the problem persists, clear your cache (CTRL+SHIFT+DELETE on Chrome)

Ive done that on chrome and its still the same.

Problem persists unfortunately Danny. I've cleared the cache, no joy.

Yep...not fixed here either...tried logging out and restarting chrome also...no joy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Firefox 12 here, same problem.

I really miss Carlow:mad:

This issue has been marked resolved, which it hasn't been.

This issue has been marked resolved, which it hasn't been.

It was marked as resolved because of the fix I put in. I didn't close the thread in case it didn't resolve it.

I cannot reproduce the issue in Chrome on Windows x64, Firefox 12 on x64, Chromium on Ubuntu, Firefox 12 on Ubuntu, Opera, Safari, IE9.

What is your screen resolution, I'll start there but as you can imagine it's hard to debug without a reproduceable use case

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

[IMG][/img]scr_region_1.png

This is on chrome, screen resolution 1366 x 768

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement