Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeat Leaving Certificate - adults Wicklow/Wexford/ Dublin

• 08-05-2012 9:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭

Hi,
    Where can I repeat the Leaving Cert in Wicklow, Wexford or possibly South Dublin?

I have tried my local vec and they are very limited with only six subjects and no choice.

Thanks for your help:)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Which is your local VEC?
    I know City of Dublin VEC have an adult repeat Leaving Cert. in Pearse College, Crumlin.

Wicklow VEC - Adults
    County Wexford VEC - Adults
    Bray Institute of Further Ed.
    County Dublin VEC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭shinesun

Wicklow. Wicklow town only offers 5 subjects. Arklow only 6. Bray offers subjects based on having enough numbers for the subject. Will look here in more detail and in Dublin. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Studunne

I would highly recommend Rathmines college.
    I repeated there last year and I rose by 155 points, the teachers staff and the students are excellent and really helpful.
    It cost 300 euro to repeat there, money well spent :)

Give us a buzz if you need more info

Stu

Thanks. Pearse college charge in €200 plus exam fees. Bray institute of further education charging €700. Anyone tell me how come there is such a price diff??

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

City of Dublin VEC would have a policy of keeping their fees as low as possible to make sure as many people as possible can access them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭frulewis

if you're around wicklow you should ring Nuala Kilgannon the adult guidance person at Wicklow VEC, type her name into google and the phone number should come up! she helped me out loads and will tell you the best spot to repeat it in if you're having trouble picking a place or getting somewhere that caters exactly for your needs and she'll be able to tell you what kind of grants you might be able to apply for to help you along if needs be!

Thanks. Was just really wondering how places can charge diff prices for the course. Been to college already so won't qualify for grant.

Advertisement