Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No more Top Gear till 2013?

• 08-05-2012 10:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,039 ✭✭✭✭

Clarkson has reportedly told a radio station in South Africa that there won't be any more this year, when talking about the Top Gear Live shows:
    It is going to be, it better be absolutely fantastic, it's also about the only time the three of us are working together this year because there's no Top Gear on this year.
    The comments on that Jalopnik piece are quite something ... :cool:

Ye Hypocrites, are these your pranks
    To murder men and gie God thanks?
    Desist for shame, proceed no further
    God won't accept your thanks for murder.

―Robert Burns

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

No harm if true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Looks like it's true,the BBC don't want it competing with bloody X-Factor (or "fat people singing" as Clarkson put it)
    Clarkson tweeted: 'There’s a rumour in internet land that there will be no more Top Gears this year.

'I’m afraid that apart from an Xmas special, it’s true.'

The controversial presenter then added that the X Factor was to blame for Top Gear's absence from our screens, because the motoring programme couldn’t compete with the ITV reality show for the Sunday night audience.

He added: 'Would love to be back in the Autumn but Sunday nights then will be full of fat people singing.
    Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2142309/Top-Gear-2012-Jeremy-Clarkson-blames-Simon-Cowell-shows-shelving.html#ixzz1uUYRvURz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

There are very few programmes I watch on TV and TG would be the one I enjoy most, F U X-Factor...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

The show ended on a great note last year, & it could do very well by taking a serious break. Leave it a year or two & come back refreshed. Specials excluded ofc

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,550 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I thought they'd be off due to the Olympics, but TG doesn't really appear in the summer. Still, no harm for it to take a break.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 Isotonik

There's usually a series each summer. Still as long as it's returning next year then it's better than nothing. Personally I suspect that Hammond's other tv commitments are getting in the way of things. He's everywhere now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

This years winter series was late with episodes going into March.
    With the Euro's and then the Olympics on during the summer, it would have been pointless to have it on.

This longer gap might be good, lots of time to make some really good films...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,210 ✭✭✭lau1247

This longer gap might be good, lots of time to make some really good films...

yeah i get what you mean, i hope they try to make up for it by having few extra episodes next season

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,039 ✭✭✭✭bnt

They appear to be filming in Los Angeles:

Yes, that is a Rolling Reliant Robin. In downtown Los Angeles. I don't think that's for Top Gear USA - the American audience won't appreciate that level of Irony ... well, Plasticky.

Ye Hypocrites, are these your pranks
    To murder men and gie God thanks?
    Desist for shame, proceed no further
    God won't accept your thanks for murder.

―Robert Burns

Advertisement