Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is there many irish ssf4 players out there???

Options
  • 08-05-2012 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

hello people, only found this site now :rolleyes:

but im here now :D

anyways my question is- is there many irish ssf4 players out there on the PS3??

im playin it a good while now and would hardly see one irish player in a whole day...

if you play it stick down your PSN name and il add ya :)

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Lots of AE players here. Check out the player list here and add your Tag. If you're in the Dublin, Cork or Belfast area, there are casuals and tournaments held regularaly also.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

is there many irish ssf4 players out there on the PS3??

I have both but with the exception of RighBackBill (awesome Gen player) virtually none of the really good players play exclusively on PSN, most people who are serious about the game play on XBL. Theres a hand full of players who have both but its only to have the option of being able to play both communities, when I load up SSF4AE on my PS3, 9/10 times it to watch replays of players Im following on PSN rather then actually playing on PSN.

You can add me on either though, my XBL handle is FishyThought and on PSN its Fishy_Thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭The irish masher

J0hnick wrote: »
    I have both but with the exception of RighBackBill (awesome Gen player) virtually none of the really good players play on PSN, most people who are serious about the game play on XBL.

You can add me on either though, my XBL handle is FishyThought and on PSN its Fishy_Thought.

ye il add you pal on the PS3

most serious play on the xbox?? i didnt know that... why is that?

i cant play usein stick so would be crap tryin to play with xbox pad..

who do you main with yourself? and how many points you got?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

how many points you got?

:pac:

:pac:

whats :pac: mean? :D

do people not for play points online?

or is that a real childish thing to say?? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

If you're measuring player ability by the amount of online ranking points they have, you're doing it wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

I play on PSN a lot since my xbl expired. My PSN ID is HoundOfCuChulain. Fell free to add and play me

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Must go on PSN sometime. I'm hadoomken on it, I think (it's been that long).

Most of the players you encounter here would have experience in real life tournaments, so points are basically irrelevant to them, it's not like a K/d ratio or anything in an FPS :D but that doesn't mean you shouldn't enjoy SF however you like it.

XBL was just the default service because, honestly, it's a better service, less drops, and there's simply more people there.

If you decided to take it seriously and wanted to play PS3 pad on xbox there's a cheap converter some of the lads use. But again, if PS3 works for you, just go with it.

BTW if someone called azza asks you to play you say NO :D

most serious play on the xbox?? i didnt know that... why is that?

Live is way more stable then PSN, you get what you pay for. Now before any fanboy rants start, Ive had a PS3 since early 2007 and never had any desire to get a 360 untill early 2010, none of the 360 exclusives interested me and I didnt want to pay to play online. Id been looking forward to Bayonetta since it was announced and was going to get it on PS3, but when I saw how horrendous the PS3 port was, I had to play it on 360. My mate gave me a launch model 20gb (the one with no HDMI) for free cause he was after getting a slim. Super came out a couple of months after Bayonetta, everyone on SRK was banging on about how much better live was then PSN so I said id give it a shot,and have never regretted it.

I played vanilla SF4 on PSN and whilst I liked it, its night and day compared to XBL. Also, seeing as every PS3 comes with wireless built in, a lot of PS3 owners play using a wireless connection which just makes a bad situation worse. I still prefer my PS3 for exclusives and 1 player games, but for online multiplayer, its XBL all the way.
    i cant play usein stick so would be crap tryin to play with xbox pad..

Most people think the 360 controller is trash and the PS3s dual shock is better, but I play using a Mad Catz fight pad on 360 and a USB Sega Saturn controller on PS3. I haven't played on a stick since SF2 in the arcades, but I still need that 6 button layout, if your serious about the game you shouldn't let the controller that came free with the console hamper you.

Having said that, 2 of Ireland's top players actually play on 360 pads, god knows how but its a fact.
    who do you main with yourself? and how many points you got?

Guy, and points mean feck all, but seeing as you asked I had about 2200 in Super but haven't clocked up that many yet in AE.

BTW, you do have AE right ?, cause if ya dont, good luck finding somebody to play you in regular super or vanilla (actaully Hound loves Vanilla so I take that back :pac: ).

Yreval wrote: »
    If you're measuring player ability by the amount of online ranking points they have, you're doing it wrong.

i defo dont.. was just askin
    The Hound wrote: »
    I play on PSN a lot since my xbl expired. My PSN ID is HoundOfCuChulain. Fell free to add and play me

I KNOW YOU!! :D I played you one night... we had a couple of close games..
    i had a few points on me, but im not usein that as an excause, you are really
    REALLY GOOD!! must be the best in ireland are you????
    i tried to add you after it but it wouldnt let me for some reason..
    Must go on PSN sometime. I'm hadoomken on it, I think (it's been that long).

Most of the players you encounter here would have experience in real life tournaments, so points are basically irrelevant to them, it's not like a K/d ratio or anything in an FPS :D but that doesn't mean you shouldn't enjoy SF however you like it.

XBL was just the default service because, honestly, it's a better service, less drops, and there's simply more people there.

If you decided to take it seriously and wanted to play PS3 pad on xbox there's a cheap converter some of the lads use. But again, if PS3 works for you, just go with it.

no man im not really points at all, only really play ranked
    when i cant find a match in endless..
    thats some handy info on the converter.. cheers lad

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

How many pp have you got? I only play people with over 4000pp

I probably thought it was some random add or something. Had I known you were Irish I would have added you. I'm not the best. Lots of our better players are on xbox live.

Add me again. I'll accept this time

no man im not really points at all, only really play ranked
    when i cant find a match in endless..
    thats some handy info on the converter.. cheers lad

No prob, any questions just ask, we're a friendly enough bunch (except for Azza)!

I'm on at the moment, been so long it asked me to download the 2012 patch :pac:

Live is way more stable then PSN, you get what you pay for. Now before any fanboy rants start, Ive had a PS3 since early 2007 and never had any desire to get a 360 untill early 2010, none of the 360 exclusives interested me and I didnt want to pay to play online. Id been looking forward to Bayonetta since it was announced and was going to get it on PS3, but when I saw how horrendous the PS3 port was, I had to play it on 360. My mate gave me a launch model 20gb (the one with no HDMI) for free cause he was after getting a slim. Super came out a couple of months after Bayonetta, everyone on SRK was banging on about how much better live was then PSN so I said id give it a shot,and have never regretted it.

I played vanilla SF4 on PSN and whilst I liked it, its night and day compared to XBL. Also, seeing as every PS3 comes with wireless built in, a lot of PS3 owners play using a wireless connection which just makes a bad situation worse. I still prefer my PS3 for exclusives and 1 player games, but for online multiplayer, its XBL all the way.

Most people think the 360 controller is trash and the PS3s dual shock is better, but I play using a Mad Catz fight pad on 360 and a USB Sega Saturn controller on PS3. I haven't played on a stick since SF2 in the arcades, but I still need that 6 button layout, if your serious about the game you shouldn't let the controller that came free with the console hamper you.

Having said that, 2 of Ireland's top players actually play on 360 pads, god knows how but its a fact.

Guy, and points mean feck all, but seeing as you asked I had about 2200 in Super but haven't clocked up that many yet in AE.

BTW, you do have AE right ?, cause if ya dont, good luck finding somebody to play you in regular super or vanilla (actaully Hound loves Vanilla so I take that back :pac: ).

some really good info there pal!!
    i think il look into gettin an xbox now...
    and ye i have AE alright but can still be hard to find
    any half decent players...
    bush wrote: »
    How many pp have you got? I only play people with over 4000pp

as i say im not really one for points
    and iv just set up a new acount with 0 pp
    but on my old one i think the highest i got uo to was 3900pp

I probably thought it was some random add or something. Had I known you were Irish I would have added you. I'm not the best. Lots of our better players are on xbox live.

Add me again. I'll accept this time

i didnt send it, we had a few games and when we were finished
    i want lookin for your name to send friend invite and i couldnt se it
    i was sick! :D im movin gaff this week so i wont be back on the PSN
    untill saturday.. il send it then... there isnt lots of better players than you
    in ireland is there?? do you play comps?? i play 100s of players everyday
    for the last 2+ years and i dont think iv played anybody better........

PSN is full of scrubs unless you have some players added that are good, then you have to invite them for some endless or they invite you rather than playing randomers.

Yes I play competitively but havent won many tournaments in Ireland.

The best player in Ireland is up for grabs. You could be the best next month... Come to our tourneys and beast, simple!

now that im hear i might aswell as the questin im been askin myself
    for the last few weeks....

i was usein ken a bit in the last few weeks
    his combos dont seem to be linkin up as easy a they used to...?
    have they done somthing to the game or am i just imagining it :confused:

PSN is full of scrubs unless you have some players added that are good, then you have to invite them for some endless or they invite you rather than playing randomers.

Yes I play competitively but havent won many tournaments in Ireland.

The best player in Ireland is up for grabs. You could be the best next month... Come to our tourneys and beast, simple!

i would probably be classed as one of them scrubs :) (i dont know)

who do you main with?? do you use stick ye?

were is that tourney on?

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭stev0knev022

Check his frame data, i know he lost his combo into sweep in the latest update.

Get on XBL, it's where the vast majority of irish players are.

I remember randomly playing some games vs Hound back in the day and thinking he was the best i'd ever played too lol.

Come to tourneys, you'll be amazed at how quickly you'll improve by playing offline.

Check his frame data, i know he lost his combo into sweep in the latest update.

Get on XBL, it's where the vast majority of irish players are.

I remember randomly playing some games vs Hound back in the day and thinking he was the best i'd ever played too lol.

Come to tourneys, you'll be amazed at how quickly you'll improve by playing offline.

how do i check his frame data?

ye i think i will get onto XBL pal

were would i go to get my PS3 pad sorted to be able to play on the xbox?

were do these tourneys be played? in a house or something?

and are lads able to have a few friendly games when there
    or is it only the lads that are in the touneys that can play?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭stev0knev022

For frame data: http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Super_Street_Fighter_IV_AE

Tourney's are usually held once a month at least for SF and marvel.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056617799

All the info about our tourneys is in the title post of the above thread i believe, not sure when the next inferno is going to be tho.

There are usually casual sessions organised 1-2 times a week at a place called the XGC on liffey street in Dublin city centre. Check this forum for threads about casuals, i think there should be a thread for casuals tomorrow.

were would i go to get my PS3 pad sorted to be able to play on the xbox?

Do you still have a wired PS2 controller ?

http://etokki.com/Xtokki360

Works perfect, totally lagless, Wolfkrone (best Viper player in the US and probably the best pad player in the world) uses it. Some of the bigger tournaments have wireless controllers banned, so a wired PS2 pad plus that converter and your sorted.

I use that converter for my yellow Namco stick and my PS2 Saturn pad, both work perfect :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Wish someone told me that when I started playing with you bastards:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Playing Azza is a trial we must all go through.

Or maybe I should say trail.
    As in Oregon Trail.

What I'm saying is Azza plays dry as fúck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

If you're seirous about SF and want to play with the rest of us, I'd recommend investing into an Xbox, I was on PSN for a few months when I first came into the scene and I moved to Xbox and it was a pretty good decision.

For frame data: http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Super_Street_Fighter_IV_AE

Tourney's are usually held once a month at least for SF and marvel.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056617799

All the info about our tourneys is in the title post of the above thread i believe, not sure when the next inferno is going to be tho.

There are usually casual sessions organised 1-2 times a week at a place called the XGC on liffey street in Dublin city centre. Check this forum for threads about casuals, i think there should be a thread for casuals tomorrow.

thanks a lot man! that first link is really cool, iv never seen that before
    and i only 10 mins drive from dublin city center so i think il pop in for a look..
    Do you still have a wired PS2 controller ?

http://etokki.com/Xtokki360

Works perfect, totally lagless, Wolfkrone (best Viper player in the US and probably the best pad player in the world) uses it. Some of the bigger tournaments have wireless controllers banned, so a wired PS2 pad plus that converter and your sorted.

I use that converter for my yellow Namco stick and my PS2 Saturn pad, both work perfect :)

i think i might have a PS2 controller somewere :confused: il have a look
    im going to get that convertor, thanks again pal
    Nutrient wrote: »
    Wish someone told me that when I started playing with you bastards:D

haha i look forward to playing him so, always like playing people that are better than me...
    K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Playing Azza is a trial we must all go through.

Or maybe I should say trail.
    As in Oregon Trail.

What I'm saying is Azza plays dry as fúck.

i dont really know someone playin dry as fook means :confused:
    Fergus_ wrote: »
    If you're seirous about SF and want to play with the rest of us, I'd recommend investing into an Xbox, I was on PSN for a few months when I first came into the scene and I moved to Xbox and it was a pretty good decision.

ye im deffo going to get an xbox now..
    there is a few differnt types is there? would i be ok gettin a second hand one?
    (swappin for my PS3) or would i just be better off buyin new?

have to say this is a really great site, so thanks again lads!!

i tought i was the only SF sado out there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Welcome new person.

I'll echo the general sentiment that coming to casuals and tournaments will make you better.

I wouldn't worry too much about the kind of controller you use, ultimately whatever you're most comfortable with is the best controller.

If you want some videos to tide you over, all of the Irish Fighting Game content is recorded and uploaded by Doctor Doom here: http://www.youtube.com/user/BrianVonDoom/videos

That's pretty much every tournament ever, as well as a few other bits and bobs.

i dont really know someone playin dry as fook means :confused:

More or less it means an annoyingly defensive player, one who generally is very patient and won't budge from the far end of the screen.
    ye im deffo going to get an xbox now..
    there is a few differnt types is there? would i be ok gettin a second hand one?
    (swappin for my PS3) or would i just be better off buyin new?

Depends really, there's a risk with buying second hand in the you could get one that's been banned from Xbox live. I don't know the ins and outs of it though.
    have to say this is a really great site, so thanks again lads!!

i tought i was the only SF sado out there :D

No, there's plenty of us :)
    If you want some videos to tide you over, all of the Irish Fighting Game content is recorded and uploaded by Doctor Doom here: http://www.youtube.com/user/BrianVonDoom/videos

Cheers for the pimp, I don't get to record as much as I used to- at one point I was literally recording every weekend :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Cheers for the pimp, I don't get to record as much as I used to- at one point I was literally recording every weekend :o

Off topic, but: I pimped out the Evo Qualifier videos to pretty much everyone I know who has even the vaguest interest in fighting games.

Every comment I got back was some form of: "Wow, that SF4 final was the hypest thing ever! It's really great to see some Irish [Mortal Kombat/Marvel 3] (pick one). I haven't played SFxTekken but that game looks boring as hell."

• Advertisement

Welcome new person.

I'll echo the general sentiment that coming to casuals and tournaments will make you better.

I wouldn't worry too much about the kind of controller you use, ultimately whatever you're most comfortable with is the best controller.

ok thanks man, i think il stick to the PS pad cos thats what im most comfortable with..
    BUT would it be a better idea to try get used to a stick? because isnt that
    why all "big boys" use a stick how they can plink? isnt that a big part of SF?

thanks for the link, i just spent over an hour watchin them.. my eyes hurt :eek: :)
    More or less it means an annoyingly defensive player, one who generally is very patient and won't budge from the far end of the screen.

"""""""""" O ye that makes sence.. that would piss you off after a while...
    i probably play to much the other way :)

Depends really, there's a risk with buying second hand in the you could get one that's been banned from Xbox live. I don't know the ins and outs of it though.

No, there's plenty of us :)

""""""" thats good to know im not the only one :D

Advertisement