Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When does accommodation applications open?

Options
  • 08-05-2012 10:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭

Says on the site ''the morning of 9th of May'' for next years 1st years. Anyone have any idea if that means midnight or later?

Could be a long night!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭beardedmaster

It will be a long night, I'm afraid.
    They don't put up a time so everyone doesn't go on at once and clog the system. It happens anyway though.
    The site is updated sometime over the night -usually between 5 and 9. I'd recommend getting two computers beside each other, so you can watch DVDs on one while hitting refresh on the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 DaDon

I remember last year it opened around 7am. I went on around 7.15am and got 50 something on the list.
    I'm not sure what time it'll open this year though, could be the same..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭K_1

Thanks, might stay up til 1 just in case, and maybe get up at 6 for it!

Right, at midnight, the site said I'd been added to the waiting list, but there was nothing about confirmation or anything, so I logged out and back in again and now its gone back to not being open yet?!

Anyone know why?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Blinky285

hey, I'm the same, it said I was put on the list and after refreshing it went back like it was before. Shouldn't we get like an e-mail or something to say what no. we are on the list?

• Advertisement

Blinky285 wrote: »
    hey, I'm the same, it said I was put on the list and after refreshing it went back like it was before. Shouldn't we get like an e-mail or something to say what no. we are on the list?

No idea, if it doesn't open at 1 I'm going to bed. Try again in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 BrianC2095

Has anyone got through onto the waitlist yet? With conformation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 lily212

When I try all i get is
    An error occurred during login. Please login again.

Anyone else seeing this? Does that means it's not open yet?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 35 lauzie2011

Hey ,I am getting the same error message :/
    Is anybody still getting the message saying that it will open on the morning of may 9,even after putting in details..?

Yeah I'm still getting that too. Thank christ I'm not the only one though haha! :)
    I've been clicking refresh every 15 minutes for the past 3 hours and still no luck. I hope it opens soon

• Advertisement

that happens when i go back and start the ting again but i keep refreshing it and it just says Sorry, we are not currently accepting applications for the accommodation waitlist. Applications will commence the morning of 9th May 2012. Please visit ucd.ie/residences for more information on how and when to apply for accommodation at UCD Student Residences.

so i assume its not open yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Zoyo.

It better open soon, I have my art leaving cert exam in an hour, and we all know what parents are like with computers.. And do we definitely pay today, the 350 that is?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 lauzie2011

Still no luck :(

I dont think that you have to pay anything till August? I'm not sure though
    Good luck with your exam :)

no im pretty sure you dont have to pay till you get your offer in august. Good Luck with your exam though.

Still not open! :confused:

What is it sayin to ya?

The same thing as before ~

''An error occurred during login. Please login again''

Has it worked for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Mr.Fun

im guessin 9am

When i go on and put in my details i click login and then yes on the next page to confirm details. when I click yes then it says sorry we are not accepting......... If i start a new page and go to accomdation again it says my application was already waitlisted but it also says that they are not accepting applications. Then if i go back and click yes again it says sorry...blah blah....If you get on its suppossed to tell you your number in the list so yea.... http://www.ucd.ie/t4cms/Step%20by%20Step%20guide%20for%20CAO%20students%20on%20how%20to%20book%20a%20room%20in%20UCD%20Residences.pdf i can get past the first 3 pages on this but noting yet so....

• Advertisement

does your phone number come up when you sign in? im confused

If you gave a telephone number to the cao when you applied it should come up but i dont think its essential. Your details should some up thou wen u put in ur dob and cao number

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

It opened last year at 8am. I'm trying to do it for my little brother and its not online yet. If people are going to have access to a computer this morning then you should be fine regards a guaranteed place on res next year :)

BrianC2095 wrote: »
    If you gave a telephone number to the cao when you applied it should come up but i dont think its essential. Your details should some up thou wen u put in ur dob and cao number

Thank you for the help BrianC2095, the cao has my telephone number and mobile number so Im still not sure

Is it still not workin for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Haha good thing I'm sick today. My sister was going to book for me in work, but she doesn't have time to be playing refresh button roulette like this! :P

Its a stupid system nyway they should have like trinity you apply for accomodation when you accept your place. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

They do have something like that, first to accept their place gets offered accommodation. What we're applying for is just to get further up the waiting list!

yea I no but what im sayin is this waitin list thing is stupid it should be a random lottery or something rather than who can refresh the page quickest. All this does is have people stayin up all night to get in the front of the queue. Its not exactly ideal that ive to miss 3 classes this morning with the LC a month away just to get on a waiting list.

Does anyone elses say that their application has already been waitlisted but it still says they are not accepting applications?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

BrianC2095 wrote: »
    yea I no but what im sayin is this waitin list thing is stupid it should be a random lottery or something rather than who can refresh the page quickest. All this does is have people stayin up all night to get in the front of the queue. Its not exactly ideal that ive to miss 3 classes this morning with the LC a month away just to get on a waiting list.

You don't need to miss classes. Your going to get a place if your in the top 1000.

Advertisement