Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When does accommodation applications open?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭thisisadamh

I am 714 on the list! So relieved.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 NaomiRose

Do you have to ring to confirm once youve gotten your number on the list?

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Dapics

I'm 701.
    How does it work when we are to try and book a place on campus? I mean there's 3000 places on campus.

Will I be able to get merville or belgrove?

Yes you should ring them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 lily212

How do you find out your number? I got waitlisted and they said they didn't know my number

I rang them, they said i was in the top 750.
    I checked into the web page and i was 701 on the list yet when i rechecked in i am now 707 on the list... whats the shtory with that?
    lily212 wrote: »
    How do you find out your number? I got waitlisted and they said they didn't know my number

The website should be fixed now.... it should say if you made it... there's onlt 776 places for 1st years apparently.

• Advertisement

Which web page? I signed in too mine and all it says is that im waitlisted but it wont give me a number. Thanks

lily212 wrote: »
    Which web page? I signed in too mine and all it says is that im waitlisted but it wont give me a number. Thanks

The accomodation sis web page. I only just found out that you should not log back in after you log out as it will change your listing and put you further down the list.

If you ring them and they say your on the waitlist then you should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

So there's 776 places, we're all practically guarenteed a spot if we get the points now? I scraped in by the skin of my teeth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Siuin

Is this just for 1st years?? I'm going into final year- do I apply now or..?!

EDIT: Nevermind, it's not til June 5th for me.... phew!!

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭beardedmaster

It's just incoming first years, Siuin.

Booking for continuing/finishing undergrad students, and all other students, opens on the 5th of June.

• Advertisement

Here is the info on how rooms are allocated in terms of years. Yes, 1st years do get preference, in that they can book theirs sooner.

You're pretty much guaranteed to get a place in Merville or Belgrove, (I'd recommend Merville, btw), so long as you get up early the day of the actual booking, and not be lazy about it.
    Don't forget that a lot of people who put their name down today, won't be going to UCD because they change their mind about accom, or they ended up going somewhere else from their CAO form.

Here is the info on how rooms are allocated in terms of years. Yes, 1st years do get preference, in that they can book theirs sooner.

You're pretty much guaranteed to get a place in Merville or Belgrove, (I'd recommend Merville, btw), so long as you get up early the day of the actual booking, and not be lazy about it.
    Don't forget that a lot of people who put their name down today, won't be going to UCD because they change their mind about accom, or they ended up going somewhere else from their CAO form.

Cheers for that Man, greatly appreciated.

Does anyone know to whom the Residence Scholarship Schemes apply to? It mentions DARE students, is HEAR included also? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

Guys anyone know if 1st years have to choose only between Merville or Belgrove?
    Like i mean, personally, i'd like to stay in Glenomena but will i get the opportunity? :rolleyes:

Guys anyone know if 1st years have to choose only between Merville or Belgrove?
    Like i mean, personally, i'd like to stay in Glenomena but will i get the opportunity? :rolleyes:

1st years get preference over anyone else in choosing residences. This means any of the residences - including, and not limited to, the ones on campus - Belgrove, Merville, Glenomena, Roebuck Halls and Roebuck Castle.
    There is no specific places where first years "have" to choose from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 lovenotwar

I'm 361 on the list! :D can't wait, gonna be scary not knowing anyone though

How come the my number is going down? I was at 714 now at 701. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭K_1

Got 85 on the list, which i think means I actually got through last night but it didn't register properly til this morning.

Are meant to receive confirmation emails? I have not received any email. Has anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭brownlad

Waitlist place: 1

who's your daddy :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 sonate

hey guys! U paid 350 euro while booking OR after receiving the confirmation email? thanks!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭DANCE111

sonate wrote: »
    hey guys! U paid 350 euro while booking OR after receiving the confirmation email? thanks!!!

You pick your room on the SIS web.
    Then you are redirected to a window, where you pay your €350 deposit.
    UCD then email you confirmation of payment,
    And you're done! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Mr.Fun

Just to confirm has anybody paid the deposit yet or do you pay it in late august?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭DANCE111

Mr.Fun wrote: »
    Just to confirm has anybody paid the deposit yet or do you pay it in late august?

If you are coming into First Year in September, you will pay the deposit in late August when you book your room! :) UCD don't ask you for any money until after CAO offers have been accepted/rejected. Hope this helps! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Mr.Fun

Thank You DANCE111 my worries are now gone!!

Advertisement