Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ooPabsoo

ktulu123 wrote: »
    How do I find the server all you guys are on?

Type in boards in the filter, and it's the Day-Z server that comes up.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

I'm not sure if its night time or what but I can't see a thing when I spawn. Is it some kind of bug? Whole screen is black, can just see white lights(stars i imagine) I can use the inventory etc

I'm not sure if its night time or what but I can't see a thing when I spawn. Is it some kind of bug? Whole screen is black, can just see white lights(stars i imagine) I can use the inventory etc

It's probably night time..turn the brightness and gamma up full and see if you can see anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

ooPabsoo wrote: »
    It's probably night time..turn the brightness and gamma up full and see if you can see anything!

That doesn't work anymore, rocket fixed this to Prevent people using it to 'cheat' navigate your way around in the dark without Flares, Chemlights or NV Goggles. You can turn it up but has no where near as much as a impact as it did before.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

The brightness/gamma fix doesn't work anyway. You need to either get used to it, or find a different server. The boards one is UTC -5 so its bright be around lunch time.

• Advertisement

I dont think thats the problem, I tried to use the flashlight and it made no difference.

Try a different server just to check?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

You hit L to turn it on?

Tried another server and it was grand, surely night time cant be that dark. Yeah pressed L for the flashlight and nothing happened. I do have one. Also is it normal to spawn without a weapon?

Tried another server and it was grand, surely night time cant be that dark. Yeah pressed L for the flashlight and nothing happened. I do have one. Also is it normal to spawn without a weapon?

Did you actually have the flashlight out though?..Like you go into inventory, right click the flashlight..and take it off your belt or whatever?

Yeah you don't spawn with a weapon, good luck finding one...I've played 7 hours in-game time and still haven't found one :cool:

• Advertisement

Did you actually have the flashlight out though?..Like you go into inventory, right click the flashlight..and take it off your belt or whatever?

Yeah you don't spawn with a weapon, good luck finding one...I've played 7 hours in-game time and still haven't found one :cool:

I was up to my eyeballs in Dinner Bells Yesterday (Lee Enfields). Are you checking the barns and the big sheds that are sometimes beside the barns?

I was up to my eyeballs in Dinner Bells Yesterday (Lee Enfields). Are you checking the barns and the big sheds that are sometimes beside the barns?

I'm honestly checking everywhere..before I join the server I get an error saying something like "cannot find weapons.cfg/bin", so I'm not sure if that makes a difference.

I found Ak rounds last night, and a few flares etc but no weapon :( Empty tin cans and Bottles of whiskey everywhere! :pac:

I'm honestly checking everywhere..before I join the server I get an error saying something like "cannot find weapons.cfg/bin", so I'm not sure if that makes a difference.

Just checked the Day Z forums and a few others are getting the same error, and can't find any weapons either. I'll try sort it after work later.

emmmm nope :P haha Yeah its just dark, cant see a thing and ive no idea where im goin but feck it im in anyway. I got that same weapon error.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

Yeah, I get that weapon error at times, but usually doesn't affect finding weapons for me. Barns are great to start with.

Checkout some of the online maps, http://dayzdb.com/map The green diamonds with the exclamation are good places for weapon drops at the start. I usually find loads of lee enfields, crossbows and some double barrels.

SgtBob wrote: »
    Yeah, I get that weapon error at times, but usually doesn't affect finding weapons for me. Barns are great to start with.

Checkout some of the online maps, http://dayzdb.com/map The green diamonds with the exclamation are good places for weapon drops at the start. I usually find loads of lee enfields, crossbows and some double barrels.

Yeah a few people on the forums are saying it doesn't affect them finding weapons. Maybe I'm just getting unlucky!...Thanks for that map, il check out those places later on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭eurofoxy

i get the same weapon error but i don't think it has anything to do with finding weapons as i have found loads, but i don't get that error all the time...

how long does loot you drop stay there, say i drop some meat as i want to kill another animal, how long will it stay where i left it?

why can't i put a tent up on a rooftop? surely thats as good a place as any...

Do you lads use a teamspeak or just the push to talk thing to communicate?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

For weapons I check out the barns and deer stands for shotguns and sub-machine guns.

If you spawn near Electro or Cherno then just head to the cafe and you'll almost be sure to find a M1911 or revolver and most likely an Alice or Czech backpack too. The weapon spawns aren't random and for certain types you need to go to certain spawn points.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Do you lads use a teamspeak or just the push to talk thing to communicate?

Mumble. Details on thread somewhere.

Hey! Looks like you got my BF mod job :p

• Advertisement

Ponster wrote: »
    Mumble. Details on thread somewhere.

Hey! Looks like you got my BF mod job :p

Grand i'll grab then and hop on it. Haha yeah I was the one roped in for it :P

Ponster wrote: »
    For weapons I check out the barns and deer stands for shotguns and sub-machine guns.

If you spawn near Electro or Cherno then just head to the cafe and you'll almost be sure to find a M1911 or revolver and most likely an Alice or Czech backpack too. The weapon spawns aren't random and for certain types you need to go to certain spawn points.

Really? I'v found that they are. I think items do have a set loot location but there's a loot table online somewhere that has percentages of what will spawn. So you're never guaranteed that a revolver or a CZ etc will spawn in the same loot spawn as before for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Really? I'v found that they are. I think items do have a set loot location but there's a loot table online somewhere that has percentages of what will spawn. So you're never guaranteed that a revolver or a CZ etc will spawn in the same loot spawn as before for a while

As in some loot has more of a chance of spawning in a certain type of building and some will only spawn in certain buildings.
    Explains why you never find NVGs or M4A1s down in Cherno.

Are you guys able to pick up Axes?..I've seen a few since I started playing, but no option comes to pick it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

Are you guys able to pick up Axes?..I've seen a few since I started playing, but no option comes to pick it up.

Hatchets, yeah. By default they go into your toolbelt when you pick them up (for chopping wood) but if you right click on them you can set them as primary weapon.

LOL, Sorry for just killing you eurofoxy.
    Throwing that flare on top of the tower was suicide anyway.

I was just sitting there scanning Cherno with my M24 I saw flashlights quite often, and then your flare lit up on top of the tower and you were standing still so I took the shot.
    Nothing I can do to identify boardsies unless they join the mumble.

If anyone one else is in Cherno I advise not to use a flashlight or I will find you, and I will kill you.

I was just sitting there scanning Cherno with my M24 I saw flashlights quite often, and then your flare lit up on top of the tower and you were standing still so I took the shot.

If anyone one else is in Cherno I advise not to use a flashlight or I will find you, and I will kill you.

no worries..my own stupid fault, i had a good look around but saw no one and needed to get off that roof..cheers for the help..

You on the normal mumble FlyingIrish? I saw you on yesterday but notice it isn't used as much before as others using a private one?

You on the normal mumble FlyingIrish? I saw you on yesterday but notice it isn't used as much before as others using a private one?

Yeah, the private one is the main one used now.
    Too many randomers using the other one who would never talk and just sit there listening so we moved to the private one so said users wouldn't hear our camp location.

• Advertisement

got my gear back anyhow...i think i had you in my sights but was not sure...were you on the roof top opposite me?
    i only had the 1 mag so didn't bother...thanks for not looting my corpse..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement