Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

dreamers75 wrote: »
    no one bitched about it, we simply mentioned it happened.

Its the only bannable offence on the server. So ergo if it happens you prove it and we ban their asses.

yeah and now that I know that I'll do it in future, but you telling us not to "****ing bitch about it" when clearly no one was, is kinda a pointless reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭plasticman3327

*snip* Again community server, run by the community for the community. Reserved slots coming in the next patch and they reserved for those who pay for it.

We were actually just talking about chipping in a few rubbles to help with the upkeep of the server 2 mins ago and last night. How does one go about such a thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Thornography

And simply asked a question.

p.s shoving reserved slots in our face to get us to cough up? Is that really a valid scare strat in order for us to contribute?

I have no problem chucking a few quid towards ye lads, having a laugh with everyone here so far. Just don't rub the fact ye can get rid of us from your server for that specific reason in our face's. I don't think the DayZ forum mod would appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Unavailable

ill contribute your corpse

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Unavailable

in game of course , dont want you taking me up the wrong way and getting all paranoid and angry about that...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

yeah and now that I know that I'll do it in future, but you telling us not to "****ing bitch about it" when clearly no one was, is kinda a pointless reply.

Not telling you.....telling everyone? umm it was implied?
    We were actually just talking about chipping in a few rubbles to help with the upkeep of the server 2 mins ago and last night. How does one go about such a thing?

Pm villain for the paypal address.
    And simply asked a question.

p.s shoving reserved slots in our face to get us to cough up? Is that really a valid scare strat in order for us to contribute?

I have no problem chucking a few quid towards ye lads, having a laugh with everyone here so far. Just don't rub the fact ye can get rid of us from your server for that specific reason in our face's. I don't think the DayZ forum mod would appreciate it.

Stop being a dick and realize this server is paid for by people on here for people on here. i honesltly dont give a **** about how you play the game, i find it brilliant you are after the lads on here. Its pure meta gaming goodness BUT the game is setting out reserved slots i just pointed that out.

You lot joining the conversation after 3000 posts and 2 months later forgive me for wanting the servers lifespan to continue with donations to villain. Imo its for the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

... taking me up the wrong way ...

he he he, taking me up the wrong way, he he he :o

this server is paid for by people on here for people on here.

6 of us talked about donating. Chill and we`ll talk to the admin. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭AntiAntiBoardz

Just to re-stipulate

*no affiliation with the boards DayZ clan*

So as I see it it's 8-0 to anti-boards vs boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Just to re-stipulate

*no affiliation with the boards DayZ clan*

So as I see it it's 8-0 to anti-boards vs boards.

Well seeing as you're technically in our group, and know where our camp is and have been in vehicle trips with us I take it your two kills in Berizino counted too.

Not to mention the two kills we got in Starry when they first ambushed us, and the kill we got in Starry earlier today, I see it as 8-5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭ThisNoize

How do I join the Boards server? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Are anti-boards that other group that was on the server named started with an r, or is this a different one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Varik wrote: »
    Are anti-boards that other group that was on the server named started with an r, or is this a different one.

we started off on boards server, but we played early during the day sometimes, so we were on diff servers. now, were either on ire1 or ire2 depending on day/night cycle's.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Fussgangerzone

****in hell, thought I'd try and be hardcore and play from scratch on a strange server. Is it just a run of bad luck luck or is loot flippin abysmal these days?

After an hour I found a canteen, with a flippin zombie standing over it, and me with no bullets. Couldn't even draw him away with empty cans. Barns don't even seem to have the typical "good if you've just spawned" loot, like beans or Winchesters.

Stressballs.

****in hell, thought I'd try and be hardcore and play from scratch on a strange server. Is it just a run of bad luck luck or is loot flippin abysmal these days?

After an hour I found a canteen, with a flippin zombie standing over it, and me with no bullets. Couldn't even draw him away with empty cans. Barns don't even seem to have the typical "good if you've just spawned" loot, like beans or Winchesters.

Stressballs.

Yup - died last night (killed an anti-boards in the process so 8-6). Died twice more being shot soon after restarting and third time had a decent run. Spent 2 hours between Elektro and Cherno and didn't see anything bar a couple of basic scraps. Was up early this morning with my son and had a run around Cherno and again - found squat over the space of around an hour.

It's around 12 - 8ish after last nights dance's. But it was hard to tell weither some of ye in story sobar were from boards, or just helping them.

Quick suggestion, Can we make it so [Boards] and [anti-boards] tagged players only count?

It could stop an exaggeration of scores going to mental :D , e.g we could sit around cherno killing fresh spawns and pretend they count towards boards players.

Just a little suggestion so no jumping down my throat please <3

Killing anit-ciaran shouldn't count, down to the fact he still can only count to potato! :P :P

OR forget scores, admit defeat and hand over your women!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I don't think the DayZ forum mod would appreciate it.

Ohh you going to tell Mammy on me :p

A few things for the noobs here:

Reserved slots are hopefully coming, and those you have actually paid will get access to them.

dreamers75 is an admin for the boards server

The passing out when you log in isn't always because people quit to avoid death some people have high pings or crap connectivity, FlyingIrishMan been one and my own DSL is fecked at the minute so educate yourself a little about the game before you start making assumptions.

The game is an Alpha it has bugs and lots of them, the master servers save all data no data is stored on the boards server. Vehicles and tents etc will dissapear, there are no helicopters except for a handful of servers and other servers won't be getting them any time soon.

Admins restart the server when they see fit and ban/kick people as they see fit, there are rules which we follow but if in doubt we will ban first and then review later as has been seen in the past. Abusing people is a bannable offence, people would do well to remember that.

Requesting the boards server to be restarted because of crap loot etc is just silly and 90% of the time there is an issue with the server it's due to the master server.

Dying is part of the game, get used to it.

Villain wrote: »
    educate yourself a little about the game before you start making assumptions.

Fair point! It was a question based on an assumption, because I am indeed not all that familiar with other passing out bugs. I do wish I got the name of the ****er in the camo though, at least I know there is a channel to get his sort dealt with now.

Do we talk to you about the donations then? After all, we're not here to grief, but contribute too ye'r server in more ways then being out to get ye lol.

Cheeky question, but any chance of a day time restart? I'm horribly lost, and everything is black :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭eurofoxy

Do we talk to you about the donations then? After all, we're not here to grief, but contribute too ye'r server in more ways then being out to get ye lol.

i thin what we need here would be a bit of something to make it interesting...as in how about 15 boardsies vs 15 anti...we both invade cherno the winners being the ones holding the most buildings or with the most survivors after an hour or so... the losers pay the server cost for the month or at least contribute 5 euro per member or so...

Fair point! It was a question based on an assumption, because I am indeed not all that familiar with other passing out bugs. I do wish I got the name of the ****er in the camo though, at least I know there is a channel to get his sort dealt with now.

Yea just PM me and I can give you details. If someone quits to avoid death just PM me or dreamers75 the exact time.

Oh one other thing if I see people sitting in the lobby for a while they get kicked :D

Cheeky question, but any chance of a day time restart? I'm horribly lost, and everything is black :(

The server is running at UTC-5 as most people play in the evening, changing the time is frowned upon by Rocket so leave it at UTC-5 unless we are testing a patch etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭ThisNoize

ThisNoize wrote: »
    How do I join the Boards server? :)

???

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Search for boards in the server filter, I wouldn't join now as its pitch black

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Nice to see reserved slots. I set up a tent and loaded it up on another server and forgot which one..

Jet Black wrote: »
    Nice to see reserved slots. I set up a tent and loaded it up on another server and forgot which one..

If it was by stary sober, the contents are now in an anti-tent :D

Kobra, M24, Amo, and tool belt gear?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

eurofoxy wrote: »
    i thin what we need here would be a bit of something to make it interesting...as in how about 15 boardsies vs 15 anti...we both invade cherno the winners being the ones holding the most buildings or with the most survivors after an hour or so... the losers pay the server cost for the month or at least contribute 5 euro per member or so...

No thanks.

I'm willing to help donate for the boards server if needed . Pm me details as I play dayz on it most of the time

One thing though is it a choice to not allowing helicopters on the server and if so why out of curiosity?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

eurofoxy wrote: »

I don't like they idea of losers paying for the server because that would just lead to arguments...... However I do like the idea of a Anti Boards VS Boards firefight.

Would be funny watching random's just walk into the middle of a turf war :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement