Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I'm willing to help donate for the boards server if needed . Pm me details as I play dayz on it most of the time

One thing though is it a choice to not allowing helicopters on the server and if so why out of curiosity?
    I'll send you a PM, the DAYZ admins decide which servers get Helicopters but due to desync issues they have no plans to enable them at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Fussgangerzone

eurofoxy wrote: »
    i thin what we need here would be a bit of something to make it interesting...as in how about 15 boardsies vs 15 anti...we both invade cherno the winners being the ones holding the most buildings or with the most survivors after an hour or so... the losers pay the server cost for the month or at least contribute 5 euro per member or so...

I think the pvp that's happening is the right way to do it to be honest. A team-based ground war would be a pain in the hole to organise, and there'd be too many opportunites for people to take the piss.

As for betting for who funds the server, I'm more of the "fund if you can" persuasion. In recognition of how big the game is getting, there's an opportunity for there to be two boards.ie servers. The game changes a lot, making server admin kind of a pain for Villain and the lads. It'd be cool if the workload was spread out a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

right, [anti-boards] currently have 7 or so players, we all know each other IRL. if anyone would like to join, we use skype only. we would prefer to chat to you first on skype, get to know you a bit (as we don't want to let you run with us, and then you blow us all up with grenades or act as a spy :-P) so anyone interested, pm myself, thornography or unavailable. were on everyday from 1pm onwards, and mainly play as a group from 5/6pm - 1-2am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ooPabsoo

Found a watch last night..what are you supposed to do with it?..I've no idea how to use it! :)

ooPabsoo wrote: »
    Found a watch last night..what are you supposed to do with it?..I've no idea how to use it! :)

press o to turn it on, or double tap to keep it on.
    k is for a compas when u find it, double tap again to leave it on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

I think the pvp that's happening is the right way to do it to be honest. A team-based ground war would be a pain in the hole to organise, and there'd be too many opportunites for people to take the piss.

As for betting for who funds the server, I'm more of the "fund if you can" persuasion. In recognition of how big the game is getting, there's an opportunity for there to be two boards.ie servers. The game changes a lot, making server admin kind of a pain for Villain and the lads. It'd be cool if the workload was spread out a bit.

A DayZ event fund-raiser could work through. Pay five euro to enter, lock the server for a day and only give password to people who've paid. The actual event has a lot of possibilities. The 'who is holding the most buildings in Cherno at time X' idea is pretty good. I also like the idea of a battle-royale/treasure-hunt type event. Once the event starts (server locked, everyone on server), an admin announces the next location (e.g. Power station Electro, Hospital in Berezino, etc). First person/team to get there wins that round, and the next location is announced. Game continues until everyone is dead (no respawns!) or for a fixed amount of locations.

Or just a pitched battle around Cherno..

Also, myself and a group of friends have been playing almost exclusively on the boards server - we've talked about donating for server upkeep but haven't gotten round to organizing it yet. Will do soon! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Nichololas wrote: »
    A DayZ event fund-raiser could work through. Pay five euro to enter, lock the server for a day and only give password to people who've paid. The actual event has a lot of possibilities. The 'who is holding the most buildings in Cherno at time X' idea is pretty good. I also like the idea of a battle-royale/treasure-hunt type event. Once the event starts (server locked, everyone on server), an admin announces the next location (e.g. Power station Electro, Hospital in Berezino, etc). First person/team to get there wins that round, and the next location is announced. Game continues until everyone is dead (no respawns!) or for a fixed amount of locations.

Also, myself and a group of friends have been playing almost exclusively on the boards server - we've talked about donating for server upkeep but haven't gotten round to organizing it yet. Will do soon! :)

Not allowed lock the server and if your into that kind of game mode, play Warfare (change filter in server browser). Its interesting and is exactly what you said about but with more tanks and stuff..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Nichololas wrote: »

What is your clan tag? Lets make this a three way war ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

This whole clan warfare thing is great, I'll be a mercenary, will work for beans :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭plasticman3327

What is your clan tag? Lets make this a three way war ;)

I fully support this plan! 3 way fight in stary will get all kinds of messy fun

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Fussgangerzone

This whole clan warfare thing is great, I'll be a mercenary, will work for beans :D
    You get one tin of beans for every five heads.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Thornography

Ima just kill you with my tin of beans!

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭SasQuatch88

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Needs more mags tbh :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

I threw up a little in my mouth when I saw that monstrosity. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

I am trapped now in the tower of the station in North Elecktro, 2 broken bones from trying to climb stairs????? , so trapped between floors, I have some good equipment maps, watches, bandages etc if someone wants them. I only have a hatchet so don't be scared, I killed 5 people so far and 10 zombies so my blood lust is curtailed for now. I am going to the gym now so if you want the stuff hurry.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Was wating for a steam sale but think I'll just go ahead and get this, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

what server do most of you guys play on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Sound of Silence

We play on the "Boards" server, Br4tPr1nc3.

On a side note, for all those who still have the "[Boards]" prefix but are not part of the whole "Boards/Anti-Boards" conflict, we should create another prefix which still allows us to identify fellows Boardsies but which doesn't contribute to the kill tally of either side.

Perhaps something like "[Boardsies]", or something like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

thanks for the info man.

is there anything i need to know before i start?

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭SasQuatch88

Br4tPr1nc3 wrote: »
    thanks for the info man.

Trust no one..
    Never safe!!!
    NEVER SAFE!!!!

Br4tPr1nc3 wrote: »
    thanks for the info man.

I would def check out some you tube videos, They will give you some good guidlines on how to play successfully.

Don't get attached to your gear, you will lose it.

Use one of the online maps on another screen, to decide on where to go and how to get there. They will also show you loot spots, etc.

As soon as you spawn look at the bottom left of the screen to tell you where abouts you are, it is very quick.

It will prob take you a few lives to figure out the basics. I've been at it a week and learn something new everytime I start.

Also, crawling is essential while trying to get around Z infested areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Roorah

Was walking down a hill and in between two large stones just west of Kamyshovo when my character suddenly broke his leg and bled out instantly. Made my way back over and the body was gone after about 4 or 5 minutes but still heard the flies. Just a heads up so no one else gets caught

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Can anyone tell me how to lower the grenade launcher sights on the m16? :p

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Zatoichi

Apologies to the person I capped in the supermarket in Stary. I just spawned in the corner, see the guy looking at gear feet ahead of me. I tried to hide but he came jogging right to my position, so I came out blasting. :(

I hope that kind of thing is prevented in the future. Random spawns within a certain radius of where you last logged off might help. It would also lessen the barracks looters easily warping in to safetly loot, rather than having to approach a more than likely covered entry point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Laviski

dazftw wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me how to lower the grenade launcher sights on the m16? :p

you can't

and btw to the cherno victims 2day that was me :D
    especially to that 3 man grp to loot 1 body and to the 2man grp where i killed 1 and the other attempted to walk around and get me from behind. fail

to the person who rolled over two tents north of devil's castle, we salute you.

regards, [anti-boards]

p.s. were now hunting you.

Aw man, just came across two guys went to move away and they told me to wait. Then started typing in German before shooting me. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

to the person who rolled over two tents north of devil's castle, we salute you.

regards, [anti-boards]

p.s. were now hunting you.

was that among 3 or so pine trees with them surrounding the tents.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement