Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

Lucutus wrote: »

lol sorry man! i didnt know yas were playin it. im only playin since last night meself!! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

tuxy wrote: »
    Sounds more like this
    care_bear1.jpg?w=137&h=168

Than this
    Zombie-Attack.jpg

How so?
    Sure half the people on here play in groups, since i play solo its nice to team up once in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

http://dayzdb.com/map#6.028.086

Just left an M24 in this barn if you're in the area.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Let me just run into that barn.. surrounded by open ground.... with a guy who says he doesn't have a sniper rifle anymore....
    Hmmm....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭ronan keane

Let me just run into that barn.. surrounded by open ground.... with a guy who says he doesn't have a sniper rifle anymore....
    Hmmm....

Ahhh come on now Its not a trap. Sure who would be so mean to kill another survivor for their Delicious Beans!? :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Dcully wrote: »
    How so?
    Sure half the people on here play in groups, since i play solo its nice to team up once in a while.

I'm only joking. It sounds good really :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Dcully wrote: »
    Zombie RPG - custom server

Not sure if thats the exact name but its along those lines.
    I needed a blood transfusion and i asked in chat, the server host/admin replied and said hed meet me in 5 mins.
    5 mins later he arrives in a chopper, some guy in a guille suit jumps out and sorts me out, then they offer to take me to where ever i wanted to go :)
    Ive never got that on another server.

they have edited the mission file, soon as someone reports it on the forums they will be blacklisted.

Dont get why people dont play the game way its meant to be played, problem with Arma is it has endless possibilities.

I can put a chopper on our server or a tank or even an ammo box, but we signed up to T and Cs so dont.

Play it the way it was designed and its a game/social experiment.

Ahhh come on now Its not a trap. Sure who would be so mean to kill another survivor for their Delicious Beans!? :p
    Hmmm....

I'm gone well south.. Swapped it for a Enfield cause it had ammo and I swept through Zelenogorsk and found like 7 more clips for it so happy days.

Saw some poor soul get chased across a field there.. I was contemplating helping but it would have been too risky.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

I'm fairly comfortable now. Have a hunting knife and matches, so can kill an animals to eat / recover blood.

Started to look for vehicles. Read there is motorbike outside of Berezino hospital. No luck. Just on top of the hospital now taking pot shots at zombies.

I've had few encounters with survivors. Maybe that's a good thing. I'd trust the zombies more than I'd trust other players.

I'm fairly comfortable now. Have a hunting knife and matches, so can kill an animals to eat / recover blood.

Started to look for vehicles. Read there is motorbike outside of Berezino hospital. No luck. Just on top of the hospital now taking pot shots at zombies.

I've had few encounters with survivors. Maybe that's a good thing. I'd trust the zombies more than I'd trust other players.

how do you recover blood?
    and do you just run up to the animal and an option becomes availble for the knife?

• Advertisement

Br4tPr1nc3 wrote: »
    and do you just run up to the animal and an option becomes availble for the knife?

Kill the animal, gut with the knife, take the uncooked meat and light a fire with matcghes/pile of wood. Cook the meat eat the meat.

Think it gives you 800 or 1000 blood.

most of the options are in the gear screen for the above,right click on whichever you need in the order above.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

Br4tPr1nc3 wrote: »

Whenever you eat you recover blood, think it is 600 blood for 1 portion of cooked meat. You need to start a fire and you need a knife to cut the animal after you kill it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

travel for 30 mins trying to find anything first time playing...meet someone called alex or leo, calls friendly, shoots me a minute later...fml trust noone =/

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

Crow92 wrote: »
    travel for 30 mins trying to find anything first time playing...meet someone called alex or leo, calls friendly, shoots me a minute later...fml trust noone =/

Paranoia. Learn to love the feeling :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Mance Rayder

Lads I'm looking to get into this but I have no idea where to start. I didn't even know what arma 2 was until yesterday.

Do I buy the game from steam as 1 download? Or do I need to download and patch the mod onto it?

I hear Arma2 is free? so what do I pay for? the mod? :confused:

Lads I'm looking to get into this but I have no idea where to start. I didn't even know what arma 2 was until yesterday.

Do I buy the game from steam as 1 download? Or do I need to download and patch the mod onto it?

buy combined ops from steam and then install the mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Buy the combined ops bundle 24.99 (ARMA 2 and expansion pack Operation Arrowhead) Day Z is a free MOD that runs on top of this.

Once you have the game downloaded post again and we'll help you get Day Z installed (or i just youtube'd a video on how to install it it is really easy if i can do it anyone can :D )

Lovely.. so much good gear.. broken leg far from hospital... fml.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Lacoona

Combined bundle is 18 yoyo's on steam ATM, get it quick :D

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

Woohoo! First successful trip north. My longest surviving character so far. Came across a few others, but stealthed my way around them.

Also found a couple of tents with people shooting nearby. But nothing I wanted in them so don't worry your tents remain untouched. :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Mance Rayder

Lacoona wrote: »
    Combined bundle is 18 yoyo's on steam ATM, get it quick :D

I am buying this tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

That's all we need now, the King beyond the wall in the game ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Lacoona

Worth every penny, the possibilities are just endless in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Zatoichi

The wire fencing is getting out of hand. It's just trolling at this point.

iG10lMwkwjsNM.jpg
    The hunted become the hunter. :D

i wonder who the poor lad was who died beside the dear stand,
    with an akm and mag on him.

dont think he was shot, cause he wasnt looted.

Zatoichi wrote: »
    The wire fencing is getting out of hand. It's just trolling at this point.

iG10lMwkwjsNM.jpg
    The hunted become the hunter. :D

It is getting silly.... some spots when you've respawned are totally inaccessible..... why would you block them like.....

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Was playing for a couple of hours yesterday. Got a crossbow from another survivor that had fallen and broken their legs, and then gotten attacked by a Z, but had no weapons to help with. :( Crossbow had no bolts. Also didn't realize the Zs could climb ladders either. Learned that the hard way! Also that sometimes you can crawl quite close to a Z, but sometimes they will still attack you. Died after one ran up to me after somehow seeing me crawl along the ground through two walls... O_o

No idea where I was, and no idea how to figure out where I am either! :/

Would like to play as just surviving the Zs, and not targeting other survivors, but I know that I'm still likely to get killed by other survivors too. :(
    Would also like to find at least one bloody weapon that I could use against the Zs! :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

It is getting silly.... some spots when you've respawned are totally inaccessible..... why would you block them like.....

I'm having to server-hop to get past the wire in some spots.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Only came across two survivors so far,killed one and the other had a gun so I ran away.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Would also like to find at least one bloody weapon that I could use against the Zs! :(

It takes a bit of time but after a while you'll know exactly where to go for weapons. When you spawn head into town (generally Electro or Cherno). You'll find crowbars (not much use) and hatchets in sheds and industrial-type buildings. The church and cafe is a good spot to pick up a pistol and the cafe is where you'll get a new backpack (Alice or Czech).

By the time I've found a handgun I usually have what's needed to kill and cook meat and along with my trusty compass head north. Barns will have shotguns while deer stands will often have better weapons. Military locations have the best stuff but these are pure PvP areas where asking if anyone is 'friendly' is often pointless.

I use this map to select the places worth looting first.

In saying that I generally respawn until I spawn at Kemenka. There are fewer players around and it's easier to get loot. When you spawn avoid the town and head north. You'll find 7(!) deerstands before you get to the supermarket in Zeleno From there you head to Vybor hitting 3 more derstands on the way and then on to the Airfield.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement