Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭dre_jspeed

Whoever's tent that was last night thanks, there was some badly needed gear in it. Thanks *evil laugh* :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭tylercollins

dre_jspeed wrote: »
    Whoever's tent that was last night thanks, there was some badly needed gear in it. Thanks *evil laugh* :)

Where was the tent?

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭dre_jspeed

To be honest tyler I'm not sure as I was lost and wondering around like a headless chicken lol. At a guess I would say north of Kamarovo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Flanders536

My very first Chopper, I was in one with a few friends, but this one I found and repaired on my own :) Its amazing.

34ypjc4.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭testicle

What the **** are you talking about? I'm not reading your lame ass, hacker infested server posts.

Im talking about MY chopper. On a different server. Last I checked there is more then one server.

Learn to differentiate between posts

Guess who the retard is?

I think your family knew at birth br0.

Is English your first language?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Drop it. He has been infracted for that comment. Move on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Eggy Baby!

Gonna pop on the boards server tonight. What is the usual peak time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭badbeatcentral

There's a new map being played on some servers, Lingor Island. Apparently larger than Chernarus, more cities, meant to be south america styled location.

vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jyu4aIoy4A

No idea if it's safe/rocket approved but looks pretty sweet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Lingor is one of the best maps for Arma 2.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭Goro

My very first Chopper, I was in one with a few friends, but this one I found and repaired on my own :) Its amazing.

34ypjc4.jpg

You know you can fly anything you want if you just boot up normal Arma2.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Flanders536

Goro wrote: »
    You know you can fly anything you want if you just boot up normal Arma2.:D

I know but this is in game with people shooting at me :) love it. :)

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Lingor is one of the best maps for Arma 2.

I second that. Worth checking it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,727 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Maximilian wrote: »

I downloaded it a few days ago but havent had a chance to play on it,must check it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Jelly 292

disconnector at 12.36, stary tents

Maximilian wrote: »

+10000

Try with this campaign, one of the best ARMA experiences you'll have.

Needs some Zombies tho.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=13702

• Advertisement

Jelly 292 wrote: »
    disconnector at 12.36, stary tents

Was he in combat?

There was a guy at stary tents just standing there.

I shot him several times and nothing, so I went over and looted the inanimate body.

I then walked off into the wilderness and disconnected as my relatives were at the door. I wasn't in combat. So it better not be me your talking about!:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭Beez

So are there many vehicles on the server and if so are they all hoarded or something? Been walking miles and getting bored of it.

Beez wrote: »
    So are there many vehicles on the server and if so are they all hoarded or something? Been walking miles and getting bored of it.

I once found a bike, then I died..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,846 ✭✭✭shootermacg

The boats are on the coast, you have a good chance of finding one if you just cover the entire coast.
    I was sick last night, finally found a dingy but we were killed like sitting ducks when we came in for fuel.
    Makes me sad that you can't return fire from a boat.

I've was having good fun driving a bus yesterday, bloody thing is ****e on hills, what I want now is a good van / car, but first a heli for spotting them, hopefully get that tonight.

I don't stick to a server myself, I select a server based on population and my purpose. Traveling long distances, dark server, clearing out cherno, elecktro starry etc, then night and a low population is good.

Boards is good for the PvP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

And the posting on here to say sorry/thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

I don't stick to a server myself, I select a server based on population and my purpose. Traveling long distances, dark server, clearing out cherno, elecktro starry etc, then night and a low population is good.

You make the game too easy for yourself. Your missing out on most the fun.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

+10000

Try with this campaign, one of the best ARMA experiences you'll have.

Needs some Zombies tho.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=13702

Nice, any other recommendations for island & campaign combos?

You make the game too easy for yourself. Your missing out on most the fun.

Same way as playing with a large group is making the game easy on yourself.
    Sometimes I like PvP but, sometimes I actually want to get something done.

Way too many people walking around with thermal, nv and 50cals on boards, which is a bit fishy if you ask me.

Way too many people walking around with thermal, nv and 50cals on boards, which is a bit fishy if you ask me.

Have you played in a large group? Seriously, without proper organisation (Which we rarely have) it is way harder than lone wolfing.

Was he in combat?

There was a guy at stary tents just standing there.

I shot him several times and nothing, so I went over and looted the inanimate body.

I then walked off into the wilderness and disconnected as my relatives were at the door. I wasn't in combat. So it better not be me your talking about!:pac:

Oh yeah, he was alive and moving. I was sorting out my stuff in the last tent, heard footsteps, readied myself. He went straight past the tent door and I opened up and clipped him in the back, I saw the blood spurt. I paused a second in case of another player behind him, assumed he was on the deck passed out , left tent and nobody there at all.

Man up and take death like a man in a manly way I say....Oh well.

Have you played in a large group? Seriously, without proper organisation (Which we rarely have) it is way harder than lone wolfing.

I was going to start pointing out why this is so wrong, but then I beat an army of guys because they were foolish enough to attack me. Maybe thiere is some truth in this statement, bloody hell! I'm off to find some flying pigs!

Nice, any other recommendations for island & campaign combos?

This is one of the the best campaigns I played , uses an African themed Island, Isla Duala:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14481

Also a bloody awesome campaign:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14028

uses Podagorsk, like Cherno but more swampy/ moody

Spooky Stalker/monster type Mod, using Namalask map:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14194

This is stalker- not played it yet, in Namalsk also:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=13589

And have to five an honorary mention as Im an old 'Nam head:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12267

As your well aware, all these take variuos files and fiddleing to get working but no worse than Dayz. A world of possibilities here:

http://www.armaholic.com/list.php?c=files

ALSO- Download Jarheads Sound mod (1GB+) , JDT Fire and Smoke and War FX Particals and tracers, its like a different game, amazing.

Anyway, I digress, back to de Zomboids:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

How do you mean fishy? Boards is no more PvP than any other server I've been on. I've now just settled on boards and only play this server because I'd rather get vehicles here and find camps then to server hop to other servers and find them there and then not use them.

I think it adds more to the game to stick to one server but each t their own I suppose.

This game is breaking my heart. After two days slog to get myself armed to the teeth I finally found the arsenel I was looking for.

One of them was a sniper rifle I wasn't familiar with, (Found at heli crash site) So I go into a forest in the wilderness, into some heavy bushes and go prone. I'm in the middle of nowhere and haven't seen another player in hours.

I then alt tab to see what the specs are on my new weapons (checking dayz wiki). Great I think, and alt tab back to the game only to be presented with "You are dead".

All that work for nothing. Think I'll just stay south and have fun with a Lee Enfield instead of trying to get ahead. Way too much time to run north, and the pay off isn't worth it in my opinion. Game needs more basic vehicles for getting around. People have lives and can't afford to spend 1-2 hours running to a decent spawning point only to be shot by a gun wielding bush from 10 miles away.

I just can't bring myself to run that far again for the umpteenth time. I don't mind losing the gear at all, but the thoughts of running for hours through wilderness to get something decent......It's just not worth it.

This game is breaking my heart. After two days slog to get myself armed to the teeth I finally found the arsenel I was looking for.

One of them was a sniper rifle I wasn't familiar with, (Found at heli crash site) So I go into a forest in the wilderness, into some heavy bushes and go prone. I'm in the middle of nowhere and haven't seen another player in hours.

I then alt tab to see what the specs are on my new weapons (checking dayz wiki). Great I think, and alt tab back to the game only to be presented with "You are dead".

All that work for nothing. Think I'll just stay south and have fun with a Lee Enfield instead of trying to get ahead. Way too much time to run north, and the pay off isn't worth it in my opinion. Game needs more basic vehicles for getting around. People have lives and can't afford to spend 1-2 hours running to a decent spawning point only to be shot by a gun wielding bush from 10 miles away.

I just can't bring myself to run that far again for the umpteenth time. I don't mind losing the gear at all, but the thoughts of running for hours through wilderness to get something decent......It's just not worth it.

I tend to put a lot into one character who gets gear, lasts a while and then gets killed. Then for a few lives after that I just go fek it and head straight to the big city for the craic and excitement and I dont care if I die. If I make it through city alive with some gear then I run north like a big girl and last a good while usually. Bet I die when I log in now.

• Advertisement

Best fun in game at the moment is killing the snipers on sniper hill, no need to bother getting gear, an hour with an AKM on sniper hill bagged me a gps, 50cal, m9sd and a thermal, guy with the thermal tried to kill me with his m9sd lmfao, what a douche.

Why these nubs are there is beyond me, but start out on the top of the hill and make your way down, a bit of patience is all you need. They are usually there, just wait for some movement or the sound of a gun, head in that direction, kill sniper(s) and loot.

If they aren't there just cycle a few times, thee are always pratts there "pwning" new spawns.

Best fun in game at the moment is killing the snipers on sniper hill, no need to bother getting gear, an hour with an AKM on sniper hill bagged me a gps, 50cal, m9sd and a thermal, guy with the thermal tried to kill me with his m9sd lmfao, what a douche.

Why these nubs are there is beyond me, but start out on the top of the hill and make your way down, a bit of patience is all you need. They are usually there, just wait for some movement or the sound of a gun, head in that direction, kill sniper(s) and loot.

If they aren't there just cycle a few times, thee are always pratts there "pwning" new spawns.

Where is sniper hill?

When I get shot, I nearly always die instantly.

When I shot others, it only seems to knock them unconscious after which they can disconnect.

What's the point in disconnecting if you are unconscious? Usually you'll bleed out and die before you regain consciousness if you reconnect. I suppose you could always rejoin an empty server, let yourself die, then travel to the location of your death and take back all the gear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

I have to say the most fun I've had in this game so far was not giving a **** about going north for epic loots, i decided to respawn drop my back pack look only for the most basic of weaponry.

So with my lee enfield and a pistol i head into electro, i survive for about two hours (only to be taken out by an m107) killing five people with my cutting edge WW1 weapons whilst trying to complete my tin can collection as a side challenge.

after i respawned i went to cherno but for me its just one big glitchy mess because of the barbed wire :-(

When I get shot, I nearly always die instantly.

When I shot others, it only seems to knock them unconscious after which they can disconnect.

Maybe you're a crap shot. :pac:

If it happens on Boards, post the time here and one of the admins will ban that foo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

I tend to put a lot into one character who gets gear, lasts a while and then gets killed. Then for a few lives after that I just go fek it and head straight to the big city for the craic and excitement and I dont care if I die. If I make it through city alive with some gear then I run north like a big girl and last a good while usually. Bet I die when I log in now.

I tend to do the same myself. I find that after going north and gearing up only to be killed, It takes me a couple of days to gather the will to do so again. Besides, can be fun running around a city with whatever weapon you come across first.

I got one with an enfield last night, only to be got by another 1 min later. :p

Still was happy to get the first guy, he was armed to the teeth. Ghillie suit, coyote pack, rangefinder, nvg, gps, 3 rare weapons, etc, etc. Thought it was xmas until I get killed. :o
    Where is sniper hill?

I find it's usually the forresty hill behind the Elektro power plant. But there are other spots around Elektro and Cherno.

Where is sniper hill?

Hill is just east of the fire station in elecktro.
    Look for a server with name tags, some retard snipers think that's an advantage because they can see the range, whereas the range is always between 500 and 700M from that hill, so in effect they are just giving themselves away for nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭hawkeye_bmr

Did you kill all the zombies around you before alt+tabbing out of the game?

Sometimes you can have a crawler or hopper after you for ages without knowing.
    I got killed once at the airfield, thought it was somebody who shot me, but turned out to be a hopper that had followed me, as all my stuff was still on my old body by the time I got back to it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Alt+F4 guy at 18:17 at Cherno upstairs in a pub.

Can an admin check it out?

About the guy standing still at Stary.

I shot at him thinking he was alive.

Went to loot him and i was shot and killed. Who was it? :P

• Advertisement

RE: dead men standing, I shot a guy once and he remained upright. was well weird. It was indoors so maybe the body had clipped into something?

moonboy52 wrote: »
    Alt+F4 guy at 18:17 at Cherno upstairs in a pub.

Can an admin check it out?

About the guy standing still at Stary.

I shot at him thinking he was alive.

Went to loot him and i was shot and killed. Who was it? :P

It wasn't me who shot you but it was me who left the CZ rifle on him in favor of his other weapon when I looted him.:D

RE: dead men standing, I shot a guy once and he remained upright. was well weird. It was indoors so maybe the body had clipped into something?

The thing is, there is no sound of flies around these standing corpses. Well it is alpha i suppose.

Alt+F4 guy 20:18 west of Guglovo.

He was driving a truck. We shot at him and he disconnected!

moonboy52 wrote: »
    Alt+F4 guy 20:18 west of Guglovo.

He was driving a truck. We shot at him and he disconnected!

And then you took the truck?

Was that truck in the hills? I spotted a truck South West of Sosnovka in the hill and ran in his direction only for him to stop get out and try and shoot me so I ran away and lay down. He was wearing a ghillie suit. I left the game then, and came back 15 minutes later with the truck no where to be seen.

Truck was blue.

• Advertisement

And then you took the truck?

The Truck disappeared and him along with it
    Was that truck in the hills? I spotted a truck South West of Sosnovka in the hill and ran in his direction only for him to stop get out and try and shoot me so I ran away and lay down. He was wearing a ghillie suit. I left the game then, and came back 15 minutes later with the truck no where to be seen.

Truck was blue.

He was coming down the northwest direction above Guglovo and then he veered into the trees as we were shotting then just disappeared

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Laviski

heard the chernoboyz had it, should be some awesome stuff in it.

Laviski wrote: »
    heard the chernoboyz had it, should be some awesome stuff in it.

Well with any bit of luck, one of them will not enjoy its contents as he will be banned

Something happen the boards server? Seemed to stop responding for a second, then everyone had to rejoin.

I had just killed someone with nice looking gear but got disconnected before I could loot him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Something happen the boards server? Seemed to stop responding for a second, then everyone had to rejoin.

I had just killed someone with nice looking gear but got disconnected before I could loot him.

Probably a restart.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement