Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Jelly 292

Best fun in game at the moment is killing the snipers on sniper hill, no need to bother getting gear, an hour with an AKM on sniper hill bagged me a gps, 50cal, m9sd and a thermal, guy with the thermal tried to kill me with his m9sd lmfao, what a douche.

Why these nubs are there is beyond me, but start out on the top of the hill and make your way down, a bit of patience is all you need. They are usually there, just wait for some movement or the sound of a gun, head in that direction, kill sniper(s) and loot.

If they aren't there just cycle a few times, thee are always pratts there "pwning" new spawns.

Yeah, I think counter sniping is deffo a great part of the game, next death, Lee Enfield, can of coke and beans and , stalky stalky, nothing to loose, all to gain.

You boys camped out in the apts in Berezino, you are on my hit list, we have had a few encounters so far and the score is 50/50 ish so far, I enjoy the fights up there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Jelly 292 wrote: »
    You boys camped out in the apts in Berezino, you are on my hit list, we have had a few encounters so far and the score is 50/50 ish so far, I enjoy the fights up there!

Fairly sure thats just one guy.

soldier.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Jelly 292

3-4 actually, go have a look yourself. Ive done killed each of them. Cyan and Jimmy have a long term rental lease...

I like your baby, baby, is that not what the game is about?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

****E! I found a recently deceased guy who had NV Goggles. Decided to join a night time server to try them out. They were not in my gear when I joined the new server.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

****E! I found a recently deceased guy who had NV Goggles. Decided to join a night time server to try them out. They were not in my gear when I joined the new server.

Yeah sometimes best to wait a bit before logging out after you get gear. That's happened to me once or twice. NV goggles are common enough anyway so shouldn't be long before you get them again. I have about 4 of them :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Laviski

Something happen the boards server? Seemed to stop responding for a second, then everyone had to rejoin.

I had just killed someone with nice looking gear but got disconnected before I could loot him.

was that in the ne airfield ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Jelly 292 wrote: »
    3-4 actually, go have a look yourself. Ive done killed each of them. Cyan and Jimmy have a long term rental lease...

I like your baby, baby, is that not what the game is about?

yeah i know who is set up camp there, fair play if you killed him.

Laviski wrote: »
    was that in the ne airfield ?

Yeah. He had just downed a zombie with a silenced weapon. I was in the command tower. Didn't know what hit him!

Disconnecter just south of NW airfield, 20 seconds ago, in a tractor.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭dre_jspeed

Disconnecter just south of NW airfield, 20 seconds ago, in a tractor.

i got kicked by battle eye. Didn't discount.

• Advertisement

dre_jspeed wrote: »
    i got kicked by battle eye. Didn't discount.

Rejoin so I can shoot you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 rakane01

whats with the graphical glitch all around starry sober

lol, You did hit the fuel tank mind you.

StgBob was killed :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

I've been running around Elektro for 2 hours with 1,000 blood and an M4. Sorry Urb... Got the poor guy 3 times.

Rejoin so I can shoot you ;)

Maybe next Desaparecidos, when i rejoin I spawned back in eletro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 758 ✭✭✭platinums

I got shot yesterday by Stryder I think sounded like an ak and a sniper taking pot shots for a few minutes, while i did the benny hill routine, it was quite a chase actually, south of Stary S. I died, hit abort, then reconnected.

But, I spawned with all my gear a few feet from where I was shot, I was pretty pissed at that point cause I never even caught a glimpse of who was shooting me, until then the fcuker was rummaging through my ill gotten corpse.

2 ak bullets later he was bleeding next to my corpse.. so i walked over and let a whole clip of ak into his face.. it was very satisfying, albeit game breaking, that I was lagged and spawned alive when I should have been dead. Is that like the opposite of a DC'er...

Great chopper video, finding loot/tents/cars look so easy with one of these..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Can't believe I watched that entire video :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Can't believe I watched that entire video :pac:

It was actually pretty good to be fair to them.

• Advertisement

yeah, you can't help but watch it... theres another from the same lad, they find a bike, but i wont explain it, again, has to be watched. He's a cnut though.. if you watch it till the end you'll see what i mean..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Sound of Silence

platinums wrote: »
    yeah, you can't help but watch it... theres another from the same lad, they find a bike, but i wont explain it, again, has to be watched. He's a cnut though.. if you watch it till the end you'll see what i mean..

I was so close to disliking his video when he shot that unarmed player who was running behind him.

I'll be downloading Lingor island and playing it tomorrow for a bit. Should be fun being a noob and not knowing the map again :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭Goro

platinums wrote: »
    I got shot yesterday by Stryder I think sounded like an ak and a sniper taking pot shots for a few minutes, while i did the benny hill routine, it was quite a chase actually, south of Stary S. I died, hit abort, then reconnected.

But, I spawned with all my gear a few feet from where I was shot, I was pretty pissed at that point cause I never even caught a glimpse of who was shooting me, until then the fcuker was rummaging through my ill gotten corpse.

2 ak bullets later he was bleeding next to my corpse.. so i walked over and let a whole clip of ak into his face.. it was very satisfying, albeit game breaking, that I was lagged and spawned alive when I should have been dead. Is that like the opposite of a DC'er...

Great chopper video, finding loot/tents/cars look so easy with one of these..

Ha Ha I am Stryder and yes I shot you. It was my first time with a DMR and was still trying to get used to the mill dots. I managed to shoot you and then you ducked behind a wall and obviously patched yourself up.

Then you did the Benny Hill while I tried to hit you, you were very far away so I had to make a lot of adjustments but I got you in the end.

I ran all the way over to your body and then whilst having a good auld rummage through your stuff I was quite surprised when I got shot in the back. I actually got a real fright and my heart jumped!

Little did I know it was by an angry ghost! I deserved it I guess.

I shot you because I saw you on a hill aiming towards S Sober, so I figured you were a sniper. I was heading for S Sober and you were in my way so I needed to take you out.

Funny thing is, I spawned the next day with all the gear I lost when you avenged your own death.

So everyone's happy ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Eggy Baby!

Was playing on the boards server last night I believe.

Who was the black guy who I got into a gunfight with in a store in Chernogorsk? Damn you man.

And the two guys who shot and then teabagged and looted me in the Solnichniy factory, for no purpose whatsoever? One was black and had an axe and the other had an AKS-74U. Thanks a lot.

Bunch of jerks!

Goro wrote: »
    Ha Ha I am Stryder and yes I shot you. It was my first time with a DMR and was still trying to get used to the mill dots. I managed to shoo...
    ....Funny thing is, I spawned the next day with all the gear I lost when you avenged your own death.

So everyone's happy ;)

Man i thought there was two of you! I realise now it was just lag from the bullets firing then then a second or two later, reporting.
    I did have to Epipen myself, behind that bush, and eat a few steaks. The fight was Epic, I got your DMR, but i lost my AK when i logged back in last night, must have been when I was panicking trying to pick corpse and watch out for your imagined mate... lol

I was on the hill looking for snipers in the far hill, north of stary, saw one guy come down and was trying to track him, so i was distracted, then bam, bleeding broken bones.. Practice them headshots. gg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Eggy Baby! wrote: »
    Was playing on the boards server last night I believe.

Who was the black guy who I got into a gunfight with in a store in Chernogorsk? Damn you man.

And the two guys who shot and then teabagged and looted me in the Solnichniy factory, for no purpose whatsoever? One was black and had an axe and the other had an AKS-74U. Thanks a lot.

Bunch of jerks!

that seems to be the problem with this game now that more people are aware of it.
    It seems to be attracting dickheads who are only out to kill other people simply for the laugh than actually playing as a group.
    I wish they'd all fúck off back to COD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Eggy Baby!

that seems to be the problem with this game now that more people are aware of it.
    It seems to be attracting dickheads who are only out to kill other people simply for the laugh than actually playing as a group.

The game is just filled with wanton murder. I kind of understand some players though- they can't take the risk of allowing an armed person near them, but every person I have come across so far has been hostile and attacked me for no reason.

(Does direct chat work btw? I kept telling them I wanted to surrender but they wouldn't listen)

I just wanted to post my anger on here in the hope of finding the peeps who killed me so they can explain themselves!!

Yeah. He had just downed a zombie with a silenced weapon. I was in the command tower. Didn't know what hit him!

yup that was me and i had everything ;-)

edit: Direct chat does work and your can have alot of fun with it!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,846 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Great night for finding stuff, last night found a van, truck and bike in one night most of them had wheels etc in their inventories.

Just got a heli on another server, bloody hell that thing is a right pain to fix, took two nights and a lot of item juggling, I wish I had a coyote bag at times like these.

Took it for a spin over Elecktro and Cherno and generally down south trying to spot some camps I could pillage, saw nothing, that thing guzzles fuel.
    Really hard to hide too, it slides on even a slight hill.

But tonight, I gonna head up north and see what I can find, would love to find that dingy again, 70kph on the water isn't too shabby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

But tonight, I gonna head up north and see what I can find, would love to find that dingy again, 70kph on the water isn't too shabby.

Compared to the 10 that you get with the other boats..

• Advertisement

Blazer wrote: »

The problem is, when you have done and gotten absolutely everything you can there is nothing else for us to do other than go hunting people. Rocket even said it himself that he understands that people have nothing to do except kill people once they've collected all the good loot. Perhaps in the future if more features and quest like things get added it will stop/settle down.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 jackaroo2012

Blazer wrote: »

Well last night I ran into a player. There were two of us and one of him. He had just spawned and had nothing so we let him go. Karma shined on us and we found the mother load of weapons and cars up a mountain. I went from zero to hero in the space of a few minutes. Thats what makes Daz Z great.

I do agree thou and the game has really turned into a deathmatch at this stage. If you dont shoot on sight and the other person is armed you are likely to end up dead.

Still I think this game has huge potential and it will be very interesting to see where it ends up.

I think someone needs to take over the bug-fixing reigns from rocket. He's had quite a while to fix some of the bugs in the game. Artifacts are really annoying me, and the new bug is a winner, if someone runs into you, you break a leg wtf??

I've also broke a leg getting out of a boat in the water, lying down on steps etc. I don't mind dying, breaking a leg but if the cause is yet another bug I feel really cheated. Good game, great concept but fix the bloody bugs already.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 jackaroo2012

Being able to have some kind of clan base would be great and maybe having some choice over where you spawn. Being able to chose the general area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭Beez

I think someone needs to take over the bug-fixing reigns from rocket. He's had quite a while to fix some of the bugs in the game. Artifacts are really annoying me, and the new bug is a winner, if someone runs into you, you break a leg wtf??

I've also broke a leg getting out of a boat in the water, lying down on steps etc. I don't mind dying, breaking a leg but if the cause is yet another bug I feel really cheated. Good game, great concept but fix the bloody bugs already.

Its only in Alpha stage. If you cant handle a few bugs you better off waiting untill the Beta is over tbh. :)

Beez wrote: »
    Its only in Alpha stage. If you cant handle a few bugs you better off waiting untill the Beta is over tbh. :)

I was waiting for someone to roll out that old chestnut, ah some of the posts here are so predictable.

I was waiting for someone to roll out that old chestnut, ah some of the posts here are so predictable.

That applies to more than one person here. :p

Predictable doesn't make it untrue.

Been playing on Lingor for a while today, its not as good as Chernarus in my opinion. Too much open land although I have been in a boring area of the map.
    There is loot everywhere, practically every building is enterable and there is loot in them all. Walk through one town and you have everything you need to survive for a week.

Predictable doesn't make it untrue.

To this I would like to respond with Grass is green and **** comes outa your hole!! True but not really adding anything.

Looks to me like half the after hours cronies are playing dayZ and we are all doomed!

To this I would like to respond with Grass is green and **** comes outa your hole!! True but not really adding anything.

Looks to me like half the after hours cronies are playing dayZ and we are all doomed!

Blast it with yore ma!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭_vti

tittysprinkles

Being able to have some kind of clan base would be great and maybe having some choice over where you spawn. Being able to chose the general area.

servers would need to be private and have its own hive in order to make that viable. you could make a base with sandbags wire but whats a point? all you need to do is log on into different server waltz in and join back inside the base.

imo servers need to be unique to make a fortified base.

or least make it possible to allow a clan claim land to make it impossible to login their base (non clan member ofc). But with current engine i think thats impossible. Dayz would need to be a stand alone game.

Laviski wrote: »
    servers would need to be private and have its own hive in order to make that viable. you could make a base with sandbags wire but whats a point? all you need to do is log on into different server waltz in and join back inside the base.

imo servers need to be unique to make a fortified base.

or least make it possible to allow a clan claim land to make it impossible to login their base (non clan member ofc). But with current engine i think thats impossible. Dayz would need to be a stand alone game.

Rocket was talking about making an underground tunnel system for a clan base.
    It wouldn't exist on other servers so you couldn't server hop into it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 988 ✭✭✭deadeye187

Just to add to that, maybe split the map into 4 zones, you choose a zone say "A" that would be your clan. The ppl who pick any other zone you would be against. And each zone could have things other zones dosen`t!....You could defend your base and so on! Maybe could be an diff game mode!
    Survive as an society

Good/Bad?...

deadeye187 wrote: »
    Just to add to that, maybe split the map into 4 zones, you choose a zone say "A" that would be your clan. The ppl who pick any other zone you would be against. And each zone could have things other zones dosen`t!....You could defend your base and so on! Maybe could be an diff game mode!
    Survive as an society

Good/Bad?...

You mean have different types of server?
    So right now we have Survival servers and your idea would be like a Turf War server?

Only problem is the guy who chooses the NW side will win because of the loot spawns.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

So right now we have Survival servers and your idea would be like a Turf War server?

Only problem is the guy who chooses the NW side will win because of the loot spawns.

Doubt anything major is going to happen to this game until it's stand alone and then it will probably be a whole new map anyway.

Kinda turf war..or you could be friendly, maybe trade goods etc...but still need to steal, as i said like a society!

this is just off the top of my head, its not like its a thought out process......ok!

deadeye187 wrote: »
    Kinda turf war..or you could be friendly, maybe trade goods etc...but still need to steal, as i said like a society!

this is just off the top of my head, its not like its a thought out process......ok!

Could have different areas have different resources.

NW has airfield and good guns.
    Orlovets/Solnichniy for good vehicle parts.
    Cherno/Electro for domestic supplies, food and water and such.

Would encourage trading and such.

The idea certainly has potential.

Could have different areas have different resources.

NW has airfield and good guns.
    Orlovets/Solnichniy for good vehicle parts.
    Cherno/Electro for domestic supplies, food and water and such.

Would encourage trading and such.

The idea certainly has potential.

This is what i`m on about, add a big dynamic to it!

• Advertisement

Need some way to keep the economy online 24/7. NPCs are the easy answer but don't really keep with the feel of the game.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement