Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Eggy Baby!

Refillable canteen(s) for water and I'm not sure your temperature is a factor anymore in the latest version.

It is. I was standing still and I was making full noise- sickness does that in this game.

R.I.P Oprah Winfrey- shot by a douchebag sniper outside of Tulga who killed him in one hit. You shall be sorely missed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Why is everybody in Tulga lately, its a **** hole with like only one enterable building.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

Nice camp in the middle of Berezino. The apartments beside the supermarket are fenced off with wire and sandbags, couple of tents inside

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Nice camp in the middle of Berezino. The apartments beside the supermarket are fenced off with wire and sandbags, couple of tents inside

You are lucky to have seen Fort Berez and be alive. Like 4 guys usually have that place locked down.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭_vti

Fort Berez is a well known and cherished landmark in IE1!

Too bad the dead military zombies **** it all up with the glitching!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭therealwillie

Me and 4 of my mates attacked them before, after one of us got injured (on our way south to get two of our friends) by one of their snipers we decided to group up and go back and get that feckin sniper thinking it was only one, maybe two tops... anyway about a week later we get contacted by one of the guys that was down there and well, this is their side of the story...
    http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/w99gv/the_seige_of_berizino12hrs_of_death_mayhem/

i don't think they come on these forums, cuz i left a message on here at the time sayin something along the lines of jayus that was some fight last night and no-one replied so i thought it must not have been the boards lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Laviski

i'm aware of them and i know one of them use boards.

Why is everybody in Tulga lately, its a **** hole with like only one enterable building.

I was desperate for supplies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭tylercollins

Server down? :(

nope, ~20 people on as of 19:40

Must have went down for 5 mins or a restart!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭therealwillie

so guys, is there a helicopter on the boards server or not? vti i seen you mention that you saw one at berizino, so im hoping you meant the boards server but just to confirm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭Goro

so guys, is there a helicopter on the boards server or not? vti i seen you mention that you saw one at berizino, so im hoping you meant the boards server but just to confirm

That's like asking how long is a piece of string around here.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭moonboy52

About Bandits:

I for one welcome the head change to bandits.

In the early days i liked how Bandits had their own skin. It made us survivors feel it was us against the bandits and everyone against the zombies.

This shoot on sight and ask questions later attitude is not good in my opinion.

I know in a real zombie apocalypse, it would most likely be very man / woman for themselves and that maybe is how Rocket wants it to be.

In the start i liked helping strangers. Now i just shoot on sight because 9 times out of 10 people have shot me straight away.

Having the bandits stick out will increase survivor camaraderie. (I hope)

Imagine a server full of surviors working together to get a chopper running and then attacking a known bandit hideout. That would be great :)

Thought peeps

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

What do people normally do when they are in a fire fight and get that artifacts bug?

tuxy wrote: »
    What do people normally do when they are in a fire fight and get that artifacts bug?

Go full retard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Playing on some german server and met a guy in elektro. We both said friendly and started to walk together then suddenly he said he didn't trust me. Instantly my lee enfield locked onto his right eye and lets just say he shouldn't of said that!

Ofcourse im gonna blow you away if you say that!

Ohh well got a nice shiny ak to replace my enfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

sorry, noob question here, iv just downloaded both arma and operation arrowhead. next do i download the sixupdater and run that?
    after that i am ready to go. iv tried looking it up but there are so many different ways of doing it for different versions over the last while i dont know which one is the most recent.
    thanks

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    sorry, noob question here, iv just downloaded both arma and operation arrowhead. next do i download the sixupdater and run that?
    after that i am ready to go. iv tried looking it up but there are so many different ways of doing it for different versions over the last while i dont know which one is the most recent.
    thanks

Get dayz commander it's much better than six launcher. It will download day z for you.

Do you have the steam version of the game?

The latest patch for the game is this:
    ftp://downloads.bistudio.com/arma2.com/update/beta/ARMA2_OA_Build_95417.zip

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭PandyAndy

Yea, that's what I did. I leave Six Updater manage everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭hawkeye_bmr

Limericks wrote: »

I make fires from AK's and FN FALs to cook my meat! ;)

I make fires from AK's and FN FALs to cook my meat! ;)

Yeah I lost all my gear to a opportunistic zombie yesterday. All part of the game though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 23 MarkusBrady

Whats your speed when crawling? (broke a leg after finding weapons, 2 km to closest town)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

Limericks wrote: »
    Playing on some german server and met a guy in elektro. We both said friendly and started to walk together then suddenly he said he didn't trust me. Instantly my lee enfield locked onto his right eye and lets just say he shouldn't of said that!

Ofcourse im gonna blow you away if you say that!

I would've stuck with the enfield.

Whats your speed when crawling? (broke a leg after finding weapons, 2 km to closest town)

about 30 minutes of crawling if not more, if you are feeling brave you can post here with your location and hope someone will come and stick you with morphine and not a bullet :P

SgtBob wrote: »
    I would've stuck with the enfield.

Ill be replacing it soon anyway probably as soon as I reach stary later either from the military tents or a corpse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

i just tried to start operation arrowhead and i got this error
    "no entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgInGameUI/MpTable.shadow"
    and then i click ok and another error comes up "error compiling pixel shader PSSpecularAlpha:0

anyone know whats this is

EDIT: sorted, just restarted steam and its fixed

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    i just tried to start operation arrowhead and i got this error
    "no entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgInGameUI/MpTable.shadow"
    and then i click ok and another error comes up "error compiling pixel shader PSSpecularAlpha:0

anyone know whats this is

Got the steam version?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 371 ✭✭Fussgangerzone

Are the zombies a bit deaf these days? I fired a shotgun off with about 10 zombies within 100m of me, thinking it'd be a laugh, but not one of them went after me, I just crouch-ran away.

• Advertisement

I've been trying to get on the server for the last 30 minutes and it's just staying at the loading screen, anyone else having this issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 posh101

Look what happened other night. Found some hacker tents ie item hacks. 10x coyote packs, 3x m107s, 3 saws, 3x Fal, all rare guns, and ammo for every gun, gps, nades, everything. I won't say there hackers, but I will say they used item hacks. Video shows out of the 8 tents the 2 lowest value ones + quad, car, van.
    Also we squashed all there tents the night before and all new tents where back the next day with diff items.

It was a good laugh even though you all had ghillie suits and armed to the teeth you got owned. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSKzz5wgzXE

Ps come on guys dont run away scared, come back I wana play.

Hate when a zombie one hits you and you get the 3 minute hourglass!

posh101 wrote: »
    Look what happened other night. Found some hacker tents ie item hacks. 10x coyote packs, 3x m107s, 3 saws, 3x Fal, all rare guns, and ammo for every gun, gps, nades, everything. I won't say there hackers, but I will say they used item hacks. Video shows out of the 8 tents the 2 lowest value ones + quad, car, van.
    Also we squashed all there tents the night before and all new tents where back the next day with diff items.

It was a good laugh even though you all had ghillie suits and armed to the teeth you got owned. ;)

Most of those lads u killed have been on the boards server quite alot, haven't heard of them causing trouble before...

As for flattened tents, I ran into my own tent once, lost all the gear from it at next restart, but the other day, I clipped my mates tent accidentally causing it to flatten, but at next restart the tent reappeared perfectly fine, nothing missing at all, so I think it's hit and miss if the stuff will disappear out of it...

Goro wrote: »
    Hate when a zombie one hits you and you get the 3 minute hourglass!

Especially if the zombie keeps hitting you while your out cold....even worse if your bleeding out after 1 hit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

Not gonna make comment on this. But, don't you love the M4 CCO SD. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Aar0n

Posh, do you run about with cornflakes619, gus, and krys?

I laugh at how, when the **** hits the fan and well stocked tents are found, claims of hacking get thrown around.

I also laugh when, when some people find themselves successfully flanked and attacked more claims of hacking are thrown around.

All I see are folks playing a survival game and hoarding good gear, naturally.

98a42934_illallowit128636711781732679.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Sound of Silence

Are the zombies a bit deaf these days? I fired a shotgun off with about 10 zombies within 100m of me, thinking it'd be a laugh, but not one of them went after me, I just crouch-ran away.

I often wish they were.

A couple of days ago I shot a zombie in a small Village using a measly Makarov. Five minutes later I have over thirty zombie kills, and every time I attempt to leave the small house I'd holed up in I start alerting even more zeds to the Party.

Needless to say it was a bloodbath which was all started by one of the least noisy weapons in the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

_vti wrote: »
    I laugh at how, when the **** hits the fan and well stocked tents are found, claims of hacking get thrown around.

I also laugh when, when some people find themselves successfully flanked and attacked more claims of hacking are thrown around.

All I see are folks playing a survival game and hoarding good gear, naturally.

98a42934_illallowit128636711781732679.jpeg

Engine isnt made for this ****, hacking is easy and as you have seen difficult to stop :(

I hate you all for ruining my favourite game with COD players :D

someone just pointed this out to me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkZ3GKayarw

Here is a video of my character getting shot! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭JTER

Man I am such a noob , had the drop on a guy , threw grenade above the building rather than in the window. then had a chance to shoot and threw a flare at you, looked like you had a nice weapon too, pity. Good fun nonetheless, I will get the hang of all this eventually !

Most of those lads u killed have been on the boards server quite alot, haven't heard of them causing trouble before...

As for flattened tents, I ran into my own tent once, lost all the gear from it at next restart, but the other day, I clipped my mates tent accidentally causing it to flatten, but at next restart the tent reappeared perfectly fine, nothing missing at all, so I think it's hit and miss if the stuff will disappear out of it...

Yeah I totally agree, but after they where flattened they where placed differently and have differnet gear in them all.

Goro wrote: »
    someone just pointed this out to me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkZ3GKayarw

Here is a video of my character getting shot! :eek:

Lmao needed morphie very quickly and sometimes you can get it off deerstands or mill zed's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Who had a tent just outside cherno near the lake??
    Don't worry I'll put your as50 and nvg to good use. I left the AKM though, so don't worry, be happy!

Talking about the as50, anyone got a mag for that? I hear they are much quieter than the M107 rounds and I'd love to test it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Laviski

Yeah I totally agree, but after they where flattened they where placed differently and have differnet gear in them all.

you can't destroy tents..... the person must die and the tent to be unused for about 7 days for it too despawn. if you flatten a tent all it will do is pop back up again. If you really wanna fk with ppl's camps, take everything out (yes takes some time) the mouse wheel.... save old tent. at next restart the tent is fubar.

that what i do to tents that are not friendly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Load of crap and that much stuff is easily gathered by a clan.

Eggy Baby! wrote: »
    R.I.P Oprah Winfrey- shot by a douchebag sniper outside of Tulga who killed him in one hit. You shall be sorely missed.

Nobody gonna own up? :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

Just out of interest, is there a set number of items per server? e.g. If there are x number of AS50s sitting in tents or currently in use, will they no longer spawn?

Just out of interest, is there a set number of items per server? e.g. If there are x number of AS50s sitting in tents or currently in use, will they no longer spawn?

Nope, they are spawned in by percentage.

AS50s have something like .19% or something super low like that.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement