Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭Goro

Who had a tent just outside cherno near the lake??
    Don't worry I'll put your as50 and nvg to good use. I left the AKM though, so don't worry, be happy!

Talking about the as50, anyone got a mag for that? I hear they are much quieter than the M107 rounds and I'd love to test it out.

Ha I found a ghillie there!

It's like leaving a tent full of weapons in the middle of Finglas and expecting them all to be there when you get back.:pac:

Also I left 2 Ghillies in a well known tent location for weary travelers to enjoy. ;) (Tent in military camp S Sober, get em fast!)

posh101 wrote: »
    Lmao needed morphie very quickly and sometimes you can get it off deerstands or mill zed's

Do you call yourself posh because of your English accent?:P

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Roorah

JTER wrote: »
    Man I am such a noob , had the drop on a guy , threw grenade above the building rather than in the window. then had a chance to shoot and threw a flare at you, looked like you had a nice weapon too, pity. Good fun nonetheless, I will get the hang of all this eventually !

I have thrown a flare at a zombie running at me so many times its not even funny......

Roorah wrote: »
    I have thrown a flare at a zombie running at me so many times its not even funny......

Tip - Don't carry flares.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭nimrod86

Was on the server a few minutes ago, then lost connection and its asking for a password?

nimrod86 wrote: »
    Was on the server a few minutes ago, then lost connection and its asking for a password?

I see on six launcher it's set to private. Must be undergoing some maintenance or testing.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭nimrod86

Goro wrote: »
    I see on six launcher it's set to private. Must be undergoing some maintenance or testing.

Yeah, Me too, is the password/private a new thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭moonboy52

nimrod86 wrote: »
    Yeah, Me too, is the password/private a new thing?

The main guys are rouding up all the vehicles and stuff before letting Joe Public in

<Joke> :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

The IP for IE1 has changed, use the normal connect. IE2 is locked for testing.

Villain wrote: »
    The IP for IE1 has changed, use the normal connect. IE2 is locked for testing.

Whats the new IP address?? It's not in the list on six launcher.

• Advertisement

Please PM me for details on how to donate towards the server if you haven't already, we need money this month to keep the servers online so PLEASE DONATE AGAIN.

IP for IE1: 46.4.109.173

I just shot someone this moment on the ie 1 server. Near the military tents in starry.

No death message for him, despite me shooting him several times.

I then get shot in back.

Can someone see if there was a disconnect just now? (in the last 1 min or so)

Any way to not get shot by someone in this? :P Only been on it for 2 days and no one I have come across is friendly :(

I just shot someone this moment on the ie 1 server. Near the military tents in starry.

No death message for him, despite me shooting him several times.

I then get shot in back.

Can someone see if there was a disconnect just now? (in the last 1 min or so)

By the way I shot him about 5 times in the torso with a M4A4 CCO from about 5 feet away. Thats gotta kill anyone.

I just wonder why there was no death message, there was a death message when I was killed.

Mak_United wrote: »
    Any way to not get shot by someone in this? :P Only been on it for 2 days and no one I have come across is friendly :(

Unfortunately it's just one massive death match now. I gave up trying to talk to people and be friendly after a few weeks of getting killed trying to be nice.

Now I just kill everyone unless they are unarmed.

I was running around some place with nothing except a bandage and soda. When I come across 3 lads with fully automatic machine guns, who let me have it. I was even running away from them. :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

By the way I shot him about 5 times in the torso with a M4A4 CCO from about 5 feet away. Thats gotta kill anyone.

I just wonder why there was no death message, there was a death message when I was killed.

Might have been one of the glitched bodies where they are standing up but are actually dead.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Havent played the game in ages but i just have to wonder what are you testing on the boards server when people say its locked?

Dcully wrote: »
    Havent played the game in ages but i just have to wonder what are you testing on the boards server when people say its locked?
    We have changed the server config, i.e. swapped IP's and server hardware so IE2 needs to be tested IE1 is open, but to be honest being an admin is becoming a pain with people just questioning everything and donations drying up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭tylercollins

Thanks to the person who was hiding in trees and decided to kill me with a silenced weapon! dick!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,283 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I left an AKM and 3 mags in the tower of the fire station in cherno.

Edit: I just got kicked twice from the server?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

MadYaker wrote: »
    I left an AKM and 3 mags in the tower of the fire station in cherno.

Edit: I just got kicked twice from the server?

Was it battle eye that kicked you? That can happen at random

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,283 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

tuxy wrote: »
    Was it battle eye that kicked you? That can happen at random

Yes it was... Happened twice in about 5 minutes. There were showing up saying that server was attempting to update itself but couldn't connect to battleye or something.

Lads does anyone else notice that the zombies multiply much too fast now and spot you from miles away?

I have had zombies run from around buildings because they 'seen' my crawling character.

Damn these omnipotent zombies. I fired a Makarov to take out some zombies with head shots that had wandered into the supermarket in Elektro.

Que wave upon wave of zombies. They heard my Makarov from all over the city it seems. they literally did not stop coming.

So I crouch ran into the office buildings and went all the way to the top. Do you think that stopped them? not at all. These psychic zombies followed me all the way up the ladders.

I escaped and went into the restaurant and ended up being pinned in there and killed.

Earlier I found a heli crash, i had a winchester, a fairly quiet gun.

So from a forest about 150m away I started to try thin out the number of military zombies near the chopper. Well the whole lot of them started running towards me and a town about half a click away heard me too,. Que out of ammo , broken bones and death.

They need to nerf these zombies range of hearing and sight a bit. It wasn't like this before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Lads does anyone else notice that the zombies multiply much too fast now and spot you from miles away?

I will almost never take on a horde of Zed in a town. For exactly the reasons you list. If I can't lose them I run out of the town and take care of them there.

• Advertisement

Anyone named Zombie on boards?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Eggy Baby!

Anyone leave an M16 and ammo as well as supplies in a tent outside of Staroye? Sorry for stealing it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

Earlier I found a heli crash, i had a winchester, a fairly quiet gun.

It might sound quiet but has an audible range for zombies of 125m.

DCer at 10:48

EDIT-Name was something like HAFX.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Sound of Silence

Is it just me or have the the Zombies suddenly become a lot more sensitive?

I used to be able to crouch-run through entire towns and villages without alerting more than one or two zombies. Now I'm having to kill at least ten or so in every town I enter.

Also, for some reason my gun won't reload. The animation works, but it doesn't actually reload the gun. I end up having to shoot until the clip is empty, then reload the gun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 758 ✭✭✭platinums

FN FAL in the hill east of cherno.. 3 mags too on a dead body,, its too loud for me. LOC 071123

Whats up with the bugs in cherno now aswell.. sea of greenybrown plane graphical glitch. is it fixable i wonder? graphics tweak perhaps?

- also I thought smoke grenades came in singles, mine seemed to let me throw about 15 with one in stock until they ran out and my ak went off instead, scared the sh@t outta me... still Cherno looks like nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

platinums wrote: »
    FN FAL in the hill east of cherno.. 3 mags too on a dead body,, its too loud for me. LOC 071123

Whats up with the bugs in cherno now aswell.. sea of greenybrown plane graphical glitch. is it fixable i wonder? graphics tweak perhaps?

That would be mine. Was minding my own business when someone opened fire on me... Not so much as a Hi from him. Now in Elecktro and taking fire from every angle there too. The PvP has got out of hand really.

Anyone want to come rescue me? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

Disconnect at 12:27

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Seems the new disconnect feature is clearly not working or people are retards.

Seemingly Arma has now sold 3.5 million copies, almost double what it sold as Arma 2.

Who was in Cherno in the last 30 mins?

Jesus you gave me and my team hell :P

• Registered Users Posts: 19 posh101

Thanks for the URAL at the airstrip this evening was good laugh but come on you both didnt have to F4
    Then someone shot us inside it and then instead of nicking it blow it up... wht?

be video up soon of what we did with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Fawkon

anyone near lopatino help a brother out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭tylercollins

Does anyone want to team up? Kind of boring playing by yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭dre_jspeed

Do you need a password to play on IE2?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 jackaroo2012

Unfortunately it's just one massive death match now. I gave up trying to talk to people and be friendly after a few weeks of getting killed trying to be nice.

Now I just kill everyone unless they are unarmed.

You dont always have to shoot people. We can across a guy who just spawned and let him go. Killing people when they just spawn is not cool!!! I know its been done to me plenty of times. I think they need to work on the side of the game that will allow more co-operation.

• Advertisement

You dont always have to shoot people. We can across a guy who just spawned and let him go. Killing people when they just spawn is not cool!!! I know its been done to me plenty of times. I think they need to work on the side of the game that will allow more co-operation.

I never kills new spawns. I don't even kill near spawn areas just in case I kill a new spawn by accident. I have often given a makarov or revolver to a new spawn to help them out.

One I gave a German guy who was talking to me a revolver as he was unarmed and he shot me.

Most recently I met a guy in a restaurant in Elektro and he said he was unarmed, I said no problem I won't shoot. I was armed to the teeth and he went about and got himself a Lee Enfield. He then shot me in the back whilst laughing at me on the mic.

I Trust no one in this game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

anyone else getting stuck on the loading screen today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    anyone else getting stuck on the loading screen today

Yes :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Laviski

ie1 got restart about 20 mins ago should be good now...

IE2 is open and online at 46.4.123.172

• Registered Users Posts: 19 chernoboyz ticos

There is only IE2 now ? So I lost my tents and my stuff.. thats great -.-

€: My bag is lost too.. wow

Does anyone know what weapons are best with regards to the ratio of Range : Power : Noise ?

I am tired of finding a rare weapon like a FN FAL only to discover that I can't use the bloody thing because it is like the pied piper for zeds.

Then again I find a silenced submachine (Bizon PP-19 SD) gun and think AWESOME, only to discover that it takes about 5 head shots to kill anything.

There must be an ideal general use weapon that works well in close combat, has a decent rate of fire and can kill at a fair distance without calling a square kilometer of zombies to your location.

So far the best gun I have owned was the M4A3 CCO.

There is only IE2 now ? So I lost my tents and my stuff.. thats great -.-

€: My bag is lost too.. wow
    IE1 is open as usual just a different ip, two servers ran be me IE1 and IE2. There is also IE4 which operated by someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 chernoboyz ticos

Villain wrote: »
    IE1 is open as usual just a different ip, two servers ran be me IE1 and IE2. There is also IE4 which operated by someone else.

oh okay, can u tell me the ip of IE1 ? cant find it

okay, got it :3

• Advertisement

oh okay, can u tell me the ip of IE1 ? cant find it

It was just posted 2 pages back.;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement