Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Any particular server folks are choosing or just trying to get into any? Got everything installed last night but haven't managed to get in yet, was too late for that US12 server someone mentioned. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

Boards Mumble? First I done heard of that.

It's not a boards mumble, so to speak. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭longwhitecross+

Mumbles pretty good...

I havn't tried the setting that does positional and distance audio ingame though, that could be cool

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Mumbles pretty good...

I havn't tried the setting that does positional and distance audio ingame though, that could be cool
    Its awesome, you can hear people shouting for help in the distance and calling out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

Someone want to select a boards dayz server for playing later? I just got on that mumble, going to eat before settling in for the long haul :D

• Advertisement

About 6 of us trying just to get into various servers at the moment, once it settles be easier to see where most are

I recommend US5. Its the one I'm having the best luck with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

nummnutts wrote: »
    It's not a boards mumble, so to speak. :p

Well it has boards.ie in the name so I assumed it was.

I don't think direct communication works at the moment so mumble/teamspeak is the best we can get.

Its awesome, you can hear people shouting for help in the distance and calling out.

I havn't got in to a game to try this yet but mumble seems to be able to do similar...

205185.PNG

205186.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Fawkon

I recommend US5. Its the one I'm having the best luck with.
    Some of us can't get the patch to work so we can't join \lot of the US servers... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I just can't get into a game at all today!!.

Keep getting ''Waiting on server''.
    Usually have to wait 5 to 10 minutes, and then connect, if this message comes up.

I don't think direct communication works at the moment so mumble/teamspeak is the best we can get.

They're both better either way.

I have voip turned off in game. I get a pain in my arse listening to converstaions in languages I don't speak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Jelly 292

Overload totally borked the master server agian, no one can get in anywhere , Ive been trying last 2 hours. God when are they gonna bite the bullet and do an upgrade:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

I am jumping on for a game if anyone is around?

Trying to join you, but no response from server :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Tried
    mumble.jpg
    But says no, host closed connection.

Plus don't have an account for myself.

Tried

But says no, host closed connection.

Plus don't have an account for myself.

Just put your own username in, I think.

P/w is shooter afaicr. I don't think you need to register.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Anyone had luck joining? Haven't been able to join one server since :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

The dev said you can't do that.

How would you like half your party kicked from a server at a standoff situation to free up some slots. Or someone hosting a private server to get the best weapons with no bandits to worry about.

But what incentive is there for people to setup a server? the specs and more importantly the traffic that this server needs isn't cheap to host!

I just spawned in there near Cherno, have all my stuff from yesterday, shotgun, map, compass, watch, matches. If anybody wants to meet up in cherno soon send me a message on steam and I'll come on.
    I don't like playing alone.

Which server? :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Villain wrote: »
    But what incentive is there for people to setup a server? the specs and more importantly the traffic that this server needs isn't cheap to host!

From what I can see today there isn't any. The ability for anyone to host their own private server is coming in the future.

Which server? :D

Any server, I'm not on at the moment as I don't like being in, or anywhere near Cherno solo. But if someone is close, or gets close to Cherno I'll hop on at any time and meet you/them.

edit: Anyone want to go to any of these locations with me? They are the main places that I haven't been that looks interesting.

http://i.imgur.com/1kknc.jpg

Sweet merciful jesus I am IN! :D

In server Virginia 11

Any server, I'm not on at the moment as I don't like being in, or anywhere near Cherno solo. But if someone is close, or gets close to Cherno I'll hop on at any time and meet you/them.

edit: Anyone want to go to any of these locations with me? They are the main places that I haven't been that looks interesting.

http://i.imgur.com/1kknc.jpg

I'm up for it

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Be on later , edited the mumble pic above :)

I'm up for it

Okay sweet.
    I'll let you choose one of the four, any of them is good for me.

Are you on now or shall we do it later? I'm up for any time.

Gonna be recording whenever I meet up with people for the craic.

Just uploaded one there.

"YouTube has noticed that your video is very shaky, would you like us to fix it?"

Feckin' bobbleheaded running. :pac:

Edit: Heres the video actually

Gonna be recording whenever I meet up with people for the craic.

Just uploaded one there.

"YouTube has noticed that your video is very shaky, would you like us to fix it?"

Feckin' bobbleheaded running. :pac:

I turned off the head bob, and also the smoothing as you turn. I didn't like either of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Anyone else find it annoying how dark the servers get sometimes at night?
    I'm all for realisim, but if I had food, ammo and water, with Zeds walking around near houses , I'm staying where I am and getting some sleep. Wandering around the countryside in the pitch black is the last thing I'd be doing.

• Advertisement

You would think the moonlight would at least give you some vision.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement