Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

You know you play too much DayZ when you hop in your real life jeep and look at the vehicle stats on the top left of the windscreen :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

testicle wrote: »
    Ye have been banned.
    _vti wrote: »
    care to extend upon this?
    ? When did this happen, I don't remember any talk of them doing anything wrong.

I just felt like banning them. Oh wait, I'd need privileges to do that, and they'd get a "you are banned" message on trying to connect! :rolleyes:

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭Goro

ktulu123 wrote: »
    You know you play too much DayZ when you hop in your real life jeep and look at the vehicle stats on the top left of the windscreen :P

I have noticed that I am eyeing up distant bushes and trees to make sure it's not a guy in a Ghillie suit.

I find myself watching for snipers on the side of the motorway. :P

yes I know I need help...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

You know you've played too much DayZ when you see a bicycle on the street and start getting excited.
    This seriously happens to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Chabu 2

Goro wrote: »
    I generally go to the server where the chernoboyz are not. I have been killed by a 'clan' a few times whilst I was unarmed and they were armed to the teeth. Could have been one of the other clans but I don't trust any of them unless they prove themselves not to be griefers.

Some group is barbed wiring the cities and I have a feeling it's one of these clans.

I usually play alone so I don't like the idea of a group of people hogging vehicles and hanging around murdering spawns.

I'm fairly pissed about the people barb wiring the entrances of the Barracks, it's very pathetic.

I think it's mainly because the people are chicken ****s and they afraid other people might get good enough items to kill them . . .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

A friend of mine is using a iMac and wants to play DayZ anyone know if it will work on it ?

He's using Parallels to run other windows games.
    He's not worried about computer performance, just will it be compatible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

blobby360 wrote: »
    A friend of mine is using a iMac and wants to play DayZ anyone know if it will work on it ?

He's using Parallels to run other windows games.
    He's not worried about computer performance, just will it be compatible.

Is running windows 7 an option for them?
    Should be able to get 30 fps on an imac running windows 7. Not as good as a decent pc but still playable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

tuxy wrote: »
    Is running windows 7 an option for them?
    Should be able to get 30 fps on an imac running windows 7. Not as good as a decent pc but still playable.

Yeah he's running Windows 7....

He was just worried that it wouldn't work because of the the mod being
    in the Alpha stages and not being compatible with Apple software.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

LOL, .. nevermind

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

You know you've played too much when you use "prone and roll" to find your friends in a crowd

On another note, how long into an apocalypse do the L85 thermal scope batteries run out? :D

• Advertisement

You know you've played too much when you use "prone and roll" to find your friends in a crowd

On another note, how long into an apocalypse do the L85 thermal scope batteries run out? :D

The same time the batteries on the torch ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Chabu 2

I knew I'd been playing too much DayZ when I caught my brother taking the last can of pasta and trying to loot it from him . . .

The same time the batteries on the torch ;)

I reckon until the alpha apocalypse is over myself :)

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

You know you've played too much DayZ when you see a bicycle on the street and start getting excited.

People at work have been wondering about the green tent under my desk. Apparently a filing cabinet was never intended to store that much baked beans or any.

But what do HR know anyway?

I generally go to the server where the chernoboyz are not. I have been killed by a 'clan' a few times whilst I was unarmed and they were armed to the teeth. Could have been one of the other clans but I don't trust any of them unless they prove themselves not to be griefers.

Some group is barbed wiring the cities and I have a feeling it's one of these clans.

I usually play alone so I don't like the idea of a group of people hogging vehicles and hanging around murdering spawns.

I thought that most of the barbed wire was randomly spawned after a server restart but I could be wrong.

I agree with the vehicle hoarding, I dont like it myself but they added a new change in the last patch whereby if a a vehicle gets destroyed, it will respawn in a new location. Keep an etye out near rail-road tracks as well. Quads often get knocked on their side on the tracks and if they get saved and then the server restarts the quad will be the right way up again and driveable. I've found about 4 quads on ie1 that way.

remember, we are all guinea pigs in this alpha so broken gameplay will be discovered and dealt with eventually

It's much more fun when you play with a small group btw but dont bother if you are not going to use a mic

• Registered Users Posts: 19 chernoboyz ticos

**** this fog :[ and server is so damn empty

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

Hells yess.. DayZDB now allows you to add custom markers to the map.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭_vti

Maximilian wrote: »
    People at work have been wondering about the green tent under my desk. Apparently a filing cabinet was never intended to store that much baked beans or any.

But what do HR know anyway?

Hey speak for your own filing cabinet....

SgtBob wrote: »
    Thanks for the tractor. I left it by the church in Pustoshka :D
    This tractor...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nW-nfqXyc1w&feature=youtu.be&hd=1

:D

It's much more fun when you play with a small group btw but dont bother if you are not going to use a mic

Yes I had my first experience with a group yesterday.

I had a ghillie and a lee enfield and all the essentials and I was leaving Elektro when I bumped into a guy with an axe and a makarov being chased by zombies.

He said don't shoot, I didnt of course. He needed blood so I said I would meet him at the hospital so off we went. Gave him blood and we both found AK's. Then we heard a chopper and went looking. I found a G17 in the fire station.

I said I was going to Starry and he agreed to go with me. Then his friend came online and we went to meet him.

The 3 of us went to starry, finding a chopper along the way. We then hit the military tents and got geared up before the server restarted and that was the end as the restarted server (IE2) was lagging bad and everyone jumped server and got mixed up.

Anyway I would love to team up with some people again, provided they are not into griefing or killing weak opponents.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭therealwillie

haha i heard a fly buzzing round at my work place and i almost... almost went to investigate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

haha i heard a fly buzzing round at my work place and i almost... almost went to investigate

would of been fairly ****ed up if you had actually found a body :P

It's only a slippery slope from here to full blown bike thief.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭therealwillie

grrr who took my white pick up now! seriously this is like the 4th time its been robbed in the last 5-6 days, where did ye leave it this time, the north west airfield? you guys are toying with me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

grrr who took my white pick up now! seriously this is like the 4th time its been robbed in the last 5-6 days, where did ye leave it this time, the north west airfield? you guys are toying with me!!

New plan, find white pickup, park it somewhere, leave co-ords here, wait til you take it back.

Steal it again, park it somewhere else, leave, co-ords here, etc, etc... :p

Does anyone know if the Boards Mumble is gone? Won't allow me to connect.

Does anyone know if the Boards Mumble is gone? Won't allow me to connect.

Looks like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 chernoboyz v1per

FUUUU THIS WAS MY BUS =(
    killed 5/6 -.-

Who was the guy with the tail of zombies that I cycled past near Elektro? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭JTER

Bah first time I go to top of that building in Cherno for a look around, I find a cz550. With that fog there was zero chance of me seeing you. I hope the kill was worth the 10+ ammo u wasted trying to hit me

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement