Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,457 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Just wondering if anyone could give me a bit of advise ,

i am just after taking the plunge back into PC gaming. I bought Arma 2 and the expansion on the steam sale. how do i go about getting dayZ to work. both arma 2 and the expansion are about 7gb to download. do i have to download the 2 of them ? any pointers welcome to set me in the right direction :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Yes, you need to have both Arma2 and Operation Arrowhead installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

JTER wrote: »
    I reckon he was up in the hills, he has a view through the top windows in the main room of the firestation and take the legs off you by the end of the stairs. I just got killed by a sniper up around that position.

Sgt bob, im sorry to admit, it was me that got you.. the angle was tight but i got ya.. De-sync prob meant you got the the bottom of the stairs but died from the round that hit you up a floor..

Fair enough.. Must've been serious de-sync.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

testicle wrote: »
    SgtBob wrote: »
    I have to disagree with you on your second point. It was not necessarily a guy in cherno who killed me with a hack. An AS50 can't shoot through a wall and isn't completely silent.

An AS50 with NATO rounds can shoot through walls as far as I'm aware.

AFAIK, not in game. In reality probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

SgtBob wrote: »
    AFAIK, not in game. In reality probably.

Depends on the wall. There is a video called DayZ Mythbusters which handles this. The guy tested killing zombies through different walls/materials with an AS50.

Obviously he didn't test every type of wall in the game as that would take hours but basically the AS50 can shoot through almost every wall in a building except the only one shown it didn't shoot through were the walls in a Firestation building.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭badbeatcentral

Is anything ever lootable from a repaired chopper that has been crashed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Laviski

choppers your can repair cannot hold much as it is. and generally it normally full of jerry cans.

btw the gear option is at the tail rotor.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Nothing that the chopper stored I think.

But there should be a few player corpses laying around it.

Laviski wrote: »
    choppers your can repair cannot hold much as it is. and generally it normally full of jerry cans.

btw the gear option is at the tail rotor.

I mean like the chopper is now a big fireball/burning wreckage, If i wait for it to stop burning will the gear that was in it still be there?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭therealwillie

Depends on the wall. There is a video called DayZ Mythbusters which handles this. The guy tested killing zombies through different walls/materials with an AS50.

Obviously he didn't test every type of wall in the game as that would take hours but basically the AS50 can shoot through almost every wall in a building except the only one shown it didn't shoot through were the walls in a Firestation building.

ya i can confirm this, and it aint just the to sniper rifles either. you'd be surprised the types of walls rounds can go through

• Advertisement

Nothing that the chopper stored I think.

But there should be a few player corpses laying around it.

ah, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭SasQuatch88

I mean like the chopper is now a big fireball/burning wreckage, If i wait for it to stop burning will the gear that was in it still be there?

Is that on IE2?

nope IE1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Did you find one on IE2?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 chernoboyz v1per

posh101 wrote: »

yeahh haha saw u at airport there was 6 persons 3 i killed before then 2 of your m8 .but i was greedy and run instant to the bus and died. thought that i killed the last person.

Would you have a ****fit if it was IE2?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Araneatrox

Hey guys, been playing on your server for a long time. I just logged in and was going to do my usual loot run.

I saw 2 guys in Ghili suits going for my camp. I followed them shot both of them and they Alt + F4's

IE1
    Time was 14:25 CEST 13:25 BST 12:45 GMT.(Times within 60 Seconds of Alt F4)

Nah.. its good to see other people flying my baby haha she had an unfortunate accident and we had to part ways, I look forward to pummelling it with rounds when she comes my way..

No, we only lost it due to a glitch where it ended up being parked in the water after a massive lag spike.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭hawkeye_bmr

Where did you find the Heli on IE1?

• Advertisement

It's on the north bank of Pobeda Dam.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭_vti

Nah.. its good to see other people flying my baby haha she had an unfortunate accident and we had to part ways, I look forward to pummelling it with rounds when she comes my way..

Speak for yourself! I have the full intent of jacking it!

I will not rest until herbie is back in my clutches :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Gregilla123

Rogaire wrote: »
    Is the video up yet?

Not yet I will link my channel I will probable upload tomorrow because I've got work now and you know how fast Irish uploads can be :P

http://www.youtube.com/user/gregbutlr?feature=mhee

_vti wrote: »
    Speak for yourself! I have the full intent of jacking it!

I will not rest until herbie is back in my clutches :D

I thought it was called Gavin, or Airwolf?

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭_vti

See you dont know herbie as well as I do. Gavin and Airwolf are mere aliases for Herbie. We have been nap of the earth at 50ft/250kph and winged over at the ceiling.

Hell, Ktulu and FlyingIrishMan shat their pants at the level of oneness we posses.

It's on the north bank of Pobeda Dam.

Its a shame people who can't fly them take them. Would have been fun to shoot it down ourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Just to post this here as well, seeing as someone mentioned the boards mumble is offline.
    Blazer wrote: »
    New Craggy TS server is as below.

eurots5.gameservers.com:9197

boards.ie day-z gamers welcome as well as some of us are playing it online as well.
    If anyone feels like contributing towards the TS, we can maybe up it's user limit. Not quite sure what the limit is at the minute. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 chernoboyz ticos

session lost.

why is there no "restar in xxx minutes?"

• Registered Users Posts: 19 chernoboyz ticos

.. tried to repair a car.. and put the wheels in the car.. then the ****ing restart came ._. im pissed off

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

session lost.

why is there no "restar in xxx minutes?"
    .. tried to repair a car.. and put the wheels in the car.. then the ****ing restart came ._. im pissed off

I refer to my previous post.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement