Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 chicken3

so far , i can t get in. it is stuck at the loading screen,so if anyone got in please let us know.thanks

Tried all of the above still not loading, any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭hawkeye_bmr

just give it time to load, you'll eventually get in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭Goro

I just spawned as a new player at the coast. All my stuff is gone! Last I logged out I was armed to the teeth with a ghillie suit.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭MakaDonVeli

Why did the admins update the server to 1.7.2.5 when the likes of Six Launcher hasn't updated to it yet?

Surely you could have waited till it did.

• Advertisement

just give it time to load, you'll eventually get in.

Yes in the mean time he could do something else to pass the time, Like watch the Lord of the rings trilogy.

Goro wrote: »
    I just spawned as a new player at the coast. All my stuff is gone! Last I logged out I was armed to the teeth with a ghillie suit.:eek:

Scrap that I just loaded into another server at the same point on the coast with all my stuff back:).

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭_vti

Mak_United wrote: »
    Why did the admins update the server to 1.7.2.5 when the likes of Six Launcher hasn't updated to it yet?

Surely you could have waited till it did.

You do realise you dont need six launcher to upgrade, right?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

I spawned into IE1 and instantly died and appeared in the debug plains just wearing a ghillie suit. Logged off and in again and spawned on the coast with no gear but my ghillie suit. :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

_vti wrote: »
    You do realise you dont need six launcher to upgrade, right?

Every other update IE seemed to have a policy of only updating a good few days after release.

This time it was quick off the mark, before the RECOMMENDED update method (SixUpdater) has the latest version.

Of course you can update manually, but the DayZ recommended update method is to use SixUpdater.

• Advertisement

Think I'll stick with 1.7.2.4 for now. 2 reports of spawning with no gear isn't good.

I am confused , why does 6 launcher say it is updating mod?

I thought it wasnt supported. I just manually installed the mod and now I can't seem to get onto the IE servers.

By the way I lost my stuff before I applied all the updates. I magically got all my stuff back though.:D

Will just have to wait till Six Launcher etc decide to update themselves. Hopefully the admins won't make this mistake again in the future.

Every other update IE seemed to have a policy of only updating a good few days after release.

This time it was quick off the mark, before the RECOMMENDED update method (SixUpdater) has the latest version.

Of course you can update manually, but the DayZ recommended update method is to use SixUpdater.

I dunno, Villain came on earlier to update and so he did.

The majority of people dont like six updater because it pushes updates, instead of you being able to choose. Screw that!

Manual updates >*

But the majority of people love lazy autonomy so there ya go. The server is running pretty well, so far so good!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Will just have to wait till Six Launcher etc decide to update themselves. Hopefully the admins won't make this mistake again in the future.

I'm taking a guess here as I haven't played in about a week but my guess it was not a "mistake". It was villians choice,and one of the few server admins have, to update the server.

Administrators are expected to update ASAP so bugs can be reported. Rocket himself said sixlauncher update will be delayed to allow server admins to update their end.

Sorry if it comes across as rough,but from your post it sounds very condescending.

Why is it condescending?

Why update a server, when the majority use Dayzcommander or Six launcher to play?

Good luck reporting bugs, when you have no one on to do it. At least, update one server and leave the other the way it was. Hardly would have been to much hassle?

Why is it condescending?

Why update a server, when the majority use Dayzcommander or Six launcher to play?

Good luck reporting bugs, when you have no one on to do it. At least, update one server and leave the other the way it was. Hardly would have been to much hassle?

I know your frustrated Mak, but remember the servers are payed for and administrated by the lads and they are under no obligation to boards.ie users.

I Couldn't get on ie1 or 2 tonight, so I updated manually and now still cannot get on either server.

I know your frustrated Mak, but remember the servers are payed for and administrated by the lads and they are under no obligation to boards.ie users.

I'm not frustrated, I am at a loss at how they could not have seen this coming and prepared for it better.

All they needed was one server to check for bugs, now they have blocked both servers from anyone who has 1.7.2.4

I'm not frustrated, I am at a loss at how they could not have seen this coming and prepared for it better.

All they needed was one server to check for bugs, now they have blocked both servers from anyone who has 1.7.2.4

Well they didn't block it, it's available for people who just update manually (in theory) However as I said before I have 1.7.2.5 and I still cannot get on for some reason. I am pretty sure I updated correctly so I am now at a loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

Just updated with Six Launcher but it says IE1 is running an old version :confused: What's that about? Have people got in using Six Launcher?

• Advertisement

Well they didn't block it, it's available for people who just update manually (in theory) However as I said before I have 1.7.2.5 and I still cannot get on for some reason. I am pretty sure I updated correctly so I am now at a loss.

try deleting the @dayz folder and copy the new folder over.

I was on earlier and it runs fine

Just updated with Six Launcher but it says IE1 is running an old version :confused: What's that about? Have people got in using Six Launcher?

Nein!

I have also updated manually, but like you, it will not work. The reason Six Launcher/DayZCommander is reliable.

Maybe the admins will hop in and tell us all how to update it manually, the correct way.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭hawkeye_bmr

The problem is not the server, something could be wrong on your end, or the hive sending your data back to the server to log you in with the right gear /location.

I have updated to the latest, it was only dayz_code and its bisign file that needed updating, about 1mb total.

I got in perfectly fine, bug free as 1.7.2.4 logged me in with the eggtimer everytime, and the graphical glitches from the corpses have also been solved.

I'd try deleting your entire @dayz folder and redownloading all the files via the torrent.

Ive had to do this a few times in the past and it always seemed to sort the loading issue for me.

I have also updated manually, but like you, it will not work. The reason Six Launcher/DayZCommander is reliable.

Maybe the admins will hop in and tell us all how to update it manually, the correct way.

download the torrent....extract the RAR file to the @DayZ folder in your OA directory.

easy

extra points for backing up your 1.7.2.4 folder before you extract 2.5

_vti wrote: »
    download the torrent....extract the RAR file to the @DayZ folder in your OA directory.

easy

extra points for backing up your 1.7.2.4 folder before you extract 2.5

It wasn't zipped when I downloaded it. Think it's just all there in full. Just rename folder to addons and drop in the @Dayz folder in steam/steamapps/operation arrowhead.

Great, just on a server where some hacker mass killed everyone.

What's the purpose of doing that?

Do you not lose all your gear/weapon if you delete your dayz folder tho? From what I've heard....

Do you not lose all your gear/weapon if you delete your dayz folder tho? From what I've heard....

Surely that info is kept on the hive. Otherwise we could just save our folder when we had the best equipment and then every time we died just reinstall the back up.

• Advertisement

No

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement