Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭Goro

Please note that if you manually install the update, and then attempt to launch from Six Launcher, SL will auto install the older mod version and cancel out the new update you have just installed.

Moral of the day? use Dayz commander or launch manually.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

Zombies seem to all have NVGs now.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Thornography

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Read my above post

Legitimate choppers spawn on that island. That is all

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Gregilla123

Killing a three man squad 3 nights ago on IE1 and stalking Stary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUqKo25cyLE

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Legitimate choppers spawn on that island. That is all

Yes they do I know that, I have fixed up two. If you cant understand I will put up the ****e quality video I have of me shooting a HACKERS helicopter in a bit.

• Advertisement

Killing a three man squad 3 nights ago on IE1 and stalking Stary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUqKo25cyLE

How did you manage to get so many shots off without alerting any zombies?? you were right beside that building on the hill in Stary.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭MakaDonVeli

Goro wrote: »
    How did you manage to get so many shots off without alerting any zombies?? you were right beside that building on the hill in Stary.

The person he was shooting at, had all the aggro?

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

With the latest version I'm logging in faster than I ever have, but I keep logging in with items in my inventory missing. All my ammo for instance, which is nice.

Patches are supposed to fix and improve things, yes?

[insert obvious alpha comment]

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

Maximilian wrote: »
    [insert obvious alpha comment]

Yes but a patch, whether it's for an alpha, beta or final build, is supposed to fix and improve things.

Since I have started playing, each patch has made the experience a little bit worse each time, from zombie behaviour to added bugs.

Disappointing to see the mod getting worse from a gameplay point of view with each update.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭tylercollins

Anyone else having serious issues getting it working? I've tried both six updater and dayzcommander and both of them won't update the game!!

• Advertisement
  • Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Yes but a patch, whether it's for an alpha, beta or final build, is supposed to fix and improve things.

Since I have started playing, each patch has made the experience a little bit worse each time, from zombie behaviour to added bugs.

Disappointing to see the mod getting worse from a gameplay point of view with each update.

Erm no it's not. These are builds of a mod in development, not patches of a finished game. The "patches" are mainly to test features etc.

Also, it's a lot better now than it was when I started playing. You have unrealistic expectations.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭_vti

Releases don't neccissarliy fix everything as they address issues brought forth from previous releases. There are always a plethora of issues raised with new updates...alpha stage and all that.

Sure some issues that are brought up are pretty annoying but you need to remember, your effectively a QA tester working for the privelage of playing this mod.

Don't be too upset, this thing could have been behind closed doors for ages!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 alpomb

Whoever that was that fixed my broken legs in Stary on IE2 thanks a million. Actual lifesaver, haven't come across someone that doesn't just shoot people in the face in a while :) Made my day!!

Heard some shooting after I left ya. Did ya get on alright?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 chernoboyz v1per

what is humanity i am an bandit when ive - what i get when ive + or just useless feature

what is humanity i am an bandit when ive - what i get when ive + or just useless feature

I think it may be encompass your entire history.

It wouldnt surprise me if *everybody* is a bandit these days lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Rogaire

alpomb wrote: »
    Whoever that was that fixed my broken legs in Stary on IE2 thanks a million. Actual lifesaver, haven't come across someone that doesn't just shoot people in the face in a while :) Made my day!!

Heard some shooting after I left ya. Did ya get on alright?

Ive got broken legs at the moment and ive been crawling for about 20 mins looking for help :P

Anyone else having serious issues getting it working? I've tried both six updater and dayzcommander and both of them won't update the game!!

Manual update for steam users.

Go here:

http://dayzmod.com/?Download

Download torrent and open in torrent client. You will get a folder called DayZ-1.7.2.5 in your downloads folder.

Rename this folder to addons.

Go to my computer\local disk\program files\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead / @DayZ

Delete everything in the @DayZ folder and leave it empty. (or copy all to a backup folder in case you want to reinstall this older version)

Put your newly downloaded folder named addons into the @DayZ folder.

Run game from DayZ commander or run combined operations from Steam.

Do not run from Six Updater /Launcher as it will overwrite your new install with the old version again and your back to square one.

Keep an eye on the six launcher website and when they add support you can use it safely again.

_vti wrote: »
    I think it may be encompass your entire history.

It wouldnt surprise me if *everybody* is a bandit these days lol

the problem is u can none trust try search someone for an blood bag he will rape u when u give him your coords

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

I'm the other guy in that vid. We'd moved pretty far away from stary by the time we started shooting, all those zombies you see aggro on the squad we killed came from novy, closest building to us was at least 500m away.

Some parts of the vid were edited out for time reasons, so maybe it didn't come across so well.

the problem is u can none trust try search someone for an blood bag he will rape u when u give him your coords

I am 4 dayz old and haven't harmed anyone ... yet:D.

• Advertisement

I am 4 dayz old and haven't harmed anyone ... yet:D.

y but try search gear without killing players its fking hard. and when u finished they kill u and u start again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭ondafly

Anyone know who the 2 lads were on the red trials bike zipping about Berezino this afternoon ? Nearly drove over me lol

who have the helicopters on ie2? someone know this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

I'm not complaining but I had to laugh when I spawned in after updating. I was on the coast outside cherno and I was met with graphic glitches straight away :D

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,211 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Still getting infinite loading screen on IE2, but not other servers. Sigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

What server you all playing on folks?

Just installed it there.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

KonFusion wrote: »
    What server you all playing on folks?

Just installed it there.

:)

Most people here play on ie1 or ie2. Just type either into the filter and they should come up.

Bloody spawned at cherno even though i had logged out north of NW airfield....it's going to be a long trek home.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,211 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Can't connect to any servers now, yet I could connect to some an hour ago. What has changed since then????

MadYaker wrote: »
    Still getting infinite loading screen on IE2, but not other servers. Sigh.

Must be you.

I logged in earlier, on both servers mind you, super fast!

ie2 was really quick as I logged in, went to boil the kettle and I returned to me getting the ass beaten off of me by a zombie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭tylercollins

Manual update for steam users.

Go here:

http://dayzmod.com/?Download

Download torrent and open in torrent client. You will get a folder called DayZ-1.7.2.5 in your downloads folder.

Rename this folder to addons.

Go to my computer\local disk\program files\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead / @DayZ

Delete everything in the @DayZ folder and leave it empty. (or copy all to a backup folder in case you want to reinstall this older version)

Put your newly downloaded folder named addons into the @DayZ folder.

Run game from DayZ commander or run combined operations from Steam.

Do not run from Six Updater /Launcher as it will overwrite your new install with the old version again and your back to square one.

Keep an eye on the six launcher website and when they add support you can use it safely again.

Cheers for taking the time to write that out for me! Got the DayZ updated to 1.7.2.5 now but ARMA 2 is still not showing as the latest Revision even after apply the update via DAYZCOMMANDER.. Care to help me out? Thanks again!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement