Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

I connect very quick, but seem to have taken a hit in fps.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,211 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

But I haven't done anything?!?! It was fine literally an hour ago and now every server I try I get infinite loading screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

Nice.. Whoever that was.. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

Humanity value seem to increase over time.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 chernoboyz v1per

Humanity value seem to increase over time.

y for killing other player 2-3k -

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Think I'll wait for the dogs until I try this again.

At the minute I'm playing domination/insurgency with ACE2/ACRE.Well worth the effort to get used to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭hawkeye_bmr

dan_ep82 wrote: »
    Think I'll wait for the dogs until I try this again.

At the minute I'm playing domination/insurgency with ACE2/ACRE.Well worth the effort to get used to it.

ACE is worth it for the sound mod alone!!

my m8 downlaoded the new files put the files in @day/addons started game with "Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch" File with "mod=@dayz" and still he cant join server ive did the same and can play why he not?

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭MakaDonVeli

Who ever left the AS50, M107 & M4 in the tent north west of the NW Airfield.

Thanks ;)

Goro wrote: »
    Manual update for steam users.

Go here:

http://dayzmod.com/?Download

Download torrent and open in torrent client. You will get a folder called DayZ-1.7.2.5 in your downloads folder.

Rename this folder to addons.

Go to my computer\local disk\program files\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead / @DayZ

Delete everything in the @DayZ folder and leave it empty. (or copy all to a backup folder in case you want to reinstall this older version)

Put your newly downloaded folder named addons into the @DayZ folder.

Run game from DayZ commander or run combined operations from Steam.

Do not run from Six Updater /Launcher as it will overwrite your new install with the old version again and your back to square one.

Keep an eye on the six launcher website and when they add support you can use it safely again.

Edit: nevermind i got it

Ok I did exactly what you said and now can't join any servers, I don't even get as far as the loading screen. I get this message: "You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.Chernarus" Im guessing when I deleted the files in the @Dayz folder I deleted the map files and they haven't been replaced.'How do I fix this?

• Advertisement

MadYaker wrote: »
    Edit: nevermind i got it

Ok I did exactly what you said and now can't join any servers, I don't even get as far as the loading screen. I get this message: "You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.Chernarus" Im guessing when I deleted the files in the @Dayz folder I deleted the map files and they haven't been replaced.'How do I fix this?
    My friend have the same problem u nothing deleted thats buggy cause of the files in @dayz/addons
    when u wanna fix this cause u are worry just start six launcher he replace the new files with the old files

Use DayZCommander to launch the game when you change the addons folder.

Ok I let six launcher update the game and now im getting a message saying "bad version, server rejected connection".

Edit: I tried that too mak but it didn't work. Doing what Goro just f*cked everything up tbh, no offence I know he was just trying to help but I followed his instructions to the letter and now the game is unplayable.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

Ok I let six launcher update the game and now im getting a message saying "bad version, server rejected connection".

Edit: I tried that too mak but it didn't work. Doing what Goro just f*cked everything up tbh, no offence I know he was just trying to help but I followed his instructions to the letter and now the game is unplayable.

Use dayzcommander!! Six Launcher hasn't updated yet!! Seriously, do you just choose not to read all the posts that have said that on here. Put in the 1.7.2.5 file and use dayzcommander to launch the game.

Use dayzcommander!! Six Launcher hasn't updated yet!! Seriously, do you just choose not to read all the posts that have said that on here. Put in the 1.7.2.5 file and use dayzcommander to launch the game.

Ffs read what I posted. I followed Goros instructions, I used Dayz commander, it did not work.

Here youve the fix i 2 mins wihthout complications just download

http://se1.dayz.nu/torrents/latest.torrent (new dayzfiles)

u can open this file with utorrent:

http://www.utorrent.com/intl/de/downloads/

then put the files in arma2 operation arrowhead /@dayz/addons

then start game with dayz commander

http://www.dayzcommander.com/

REPLACE ALL OLD FILES WITH THE NEW FILES

Which has more action up north? IE1 or IE2?

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

Ffs read what I posted. I followed Goros instructions, I used Dayz commander, it did not work.

Yeah sorry, your edit wasn't there when I read it first. Don't see why you'd have problems if you followed it right. It's a pain in the ass that Six Launcher isn't updated yet, it's a bit of a joke really.

I might just wait for six launcher to update and see if I can play then.

Edit: lol, I used dayz commander to only show servers that are running the same versions of Arma 2 OA and DayZ as me and when i try to connect to any of them a i get a message saying "Bad version, server rejected connection". Even though I have the same version as the server. Awesome.

Use DayZCommander :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Zatoichi

Boards servers using the latest 95883 OA patch?

ie2 restarting?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

server restart?

Which has more action up north? IE1 or IE2?

think ie2 our team and lot of others switched to ie2 cause ie2 have more car spawn better settings .. ie1 jsut basisc settings with 4 vehicles before it was hacked

Can people who can actually play on the IE2 server tell me what versions of OA and DayZ they are using?

ARMA 2: 95883
    DAYZ: 1.7.2.5

Yeah that's the same as me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

haha.. After spawning on the coast from being at the north east airfield with the new patch. I spend 2 hours working my way back up logging off to find a busier server and it spawns me back at the coast again.

:D

edit: happened to two friends as well.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

dazftw wrote: »
    haha.. After spawning on the coast from being at the north east airfield with the new patch. I spend 2 hours working my way back up logging off to find a busier server and it spawns me back at the coast again.

:D

edit: happened to two friends as well.

Think it happened to all of us :(

• Advertisement

Mak_United wrote: »
    Think it happened to all of us :(

y spawned elektro with full gear thought now kill me one beginner with makarov when ive bad luck

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement