Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭therealwillie

black, i apologise, i went for a smoke when everything calmed down, logged back in and ya were right beside me

as for the person who was walking up the road followed by a trail of zombies as i was crossing said road, you scared the flippin ****e outta me, dunno if i killed you or what as my murder counter wasn't working at the time but i know i hit you anyway and i then just legged it :D

good fight round gorka tonight on ie1, reckon i killed 6 or 7 of ye.. i like my new scarf :D im out, feel free to get your gear back now

• Registered Users Posts: 1 sparkydunne

alpomb wrote: »
    Whoever that was that fixed my broken legs in Stary on IE2 thanks a million. Actual lifesaver, haven't come across someone that doesn't just shoot people in the face in a while :) Made my day!!

Heard some shooting after I left ya. Did ya get on alright?

no problem at all bud , sur i took pity on ye crawling along the floor and sur i couldn't just leave you there ha .... ****ing barely made it out of there alive , got swarmed by the bastards and had to shoot our way out ha

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Zatoichi

Is it just me or do most of the servers have really low populations atm. IE 1/2 are all but empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Zatoichi wrote: »
    Is it just me or do most of the servers have really low populations atm. IE 1/2 are all but empty.

its 3am?

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Zatoichi

dreamers75 wrote: »
    its 3am?

Hasn't stopped people before. Anyway, played for 5mins on a UK server and all my weapons disappeared.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

spent 2 hours last night trying to update to the latest version , still wont work , on the verge of fecking the computer out the window ,

that plus the fact that while fully kitted out yesterday and trying to get 2 other lads fitted out we came across 3 other guys in a forest who came up to us ,both groups stood there for 2 mins , we try communicate with them and they open fire and kill us all, arseholes ,

so i was dead, i reloaded and im running along the seafront and another guy comes up to me , he has nothing either so we continue on together down along and we met another female charachter that has nothing , and we all go in a group down along , big happy post apocolyptic family :D,

suddenly 4 more guys appear and the female charachter that has nothing in her hand starts hopping around the area and opens fire with what i dont know because she had nothing on her,

so i stand there for 2 mins of chaos going on around me and people screaming and general death and destruction with literally 5 dead people and a dozen or so zombies ,
    im looking around going WTF is going on :eek:, expecting to be killed next and then she comes up gives me a GPS , a set of Night vision goggles some food , drink, bandages , and runs off and dissappears , very weird moment :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭Goro

MadYaker wrote: »
    Ok I let six launcher update the game and now im getting a message saying "bad version, server rejected connection".

Edit: I tried that too mak but it didn't work. Doing what Goro just f*cked everything up tbh, no offence I know he was just trying to help but I followed his instructions to the letter and now the game is unplayable.

I just repeated what has been said here umpteen times. It is the correct way to do it and it's worked fine for me. There must be something else going on that has your game fooked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭Goro

Cheers for taking the time to write that out for me! Got the DayZ updated to 1.7.2.5 now but ARMA 2 is still not showing as the latest Revision even after apply the update via DAYZCOMMANDER.. Care to help me out? Thanks again!

No problem at all man. Yeah Dayz Commander and Six Launcher won't show the update has been applied yet. But it is there.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

spent 2 hours last night trying to update to the latest version , still wont work , on the verge of fecking the computer out the window ,

that plus the fact that while fully kitted out yesterday and trying to get 2 other lads fitted out we came across 3 other guys in a forest who came up to us ,both groups stood there for 2 mins , we try communicate with them and they open fire and kill us all, arseholes ,

so i was dead, i reloaded and im running along the seafront and another guy comes up to me , he has nothing either so we continue on together down along and we met another female charachter that has nothing , and we all go in a group down along , big happy post apocolyptic family :D,

suddenly 4 more guys appear and the female charachter that has nothing in her hand starts hopping around the area and opens fire with what i dont know because she had nothing on her,

so i stand there for 2 mins of chaos going on around me and people screaming and general death and destruction with literally 5 dead people and a dozen or so zombies ,
    im looking around going WTF is going on :eek:, expecting to be killed next and then she comes up gives me a GPS , a set of Night vision goggles some food , drink, bandages , and runs off and dissappears , very weird moment :D

admit it, you felt in love ya nerd! :D

Hmmm I go on boards.ie server, but it just freezes on loading screen... I restarted game and still same bollox. Amy ideas?

• Advertisement

Hmmm I go on boards.ie server, but it just freezes on loading screen... I restarted game and still same bollox. Amy ideas?

update to new version released yesterday , having same problem

update to new version released yesterday , having same problem

I am using that launcher yoke. So it did not updated anything this morning. I'll check later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

I hope all the people whining about server updates and restarts on the boards servers have paid for the privilege of playing on them...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

testicle wrote: »
    I hope all the people whining about server updates and restarts on the boards servers have paid for the privilege of playing on them...

Some have, some haven't.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

So I was having fps issues on IE1 and 2 last night. Decided after a brand new spawn to try other servers to see was it me are just the IE servers. Logged into a random UK server. My humanity immediately dropped to -21000 :eek:

0 Zombie kills
    0 Murders
    0 Bandit Kills

Ah well, I'm a default bandit for a while :p

what does the humanity actualy mean ???

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

what does the humanity actualy mean ???

It is the figure that makes you a bandit, survivor or hero.

In the grand scheme of things not much.

If you are a bandit, you now get the bandit headscarf, if you get your humanity high enough, you supposedly get a hero skin

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Rogaire

SgtBob wrote: »
    It is the figure that makes you a bandit, survivor or hero.

In the grand scheme of things not much.

If you are a bandit, you now get the bandit headscarf, if you get your humanity high enough, you supposedly get a hero skin

I have a humanity of 3989 and it hasnt gone up or down since i had it...not sure if it's peaked or not, but i have no idea what it does :P

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Zatoichi wrote: »

Yeah very few these days. I actually think there may be too many servers overall. Having two IE servers seems overkill atm.

BTW the beach spawning bug is apparently caused by the latest arma2 beta and happens when you quit on the loading screen, which has been coming up frequently. That loading wait seems to happen more on the busy servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Funny thing happened yesterday. I was on top of that tall factory building in cherno taking potshots at some guy with my enfield, next thing i turned to find some guy running at me with an axe, managed to shoot him in the leg(Heard the snap), he misses with the axe and flys off the edge of the building ! I lol'd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

BTW... is anyone getting massive amounts of screentearing (Well... more like a graphical bug) when in cherno/electro ? Almost impossible to play the game atm for me.

Vsync is on (I've tried it with every graphical setting pretty much).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭daz801

Magill wrote: »
    BTW... is anyone getting massive amounts of screentearing (Well... more like a graphical bug) when in cherno/electro ? Almost impossible to play the game atm for me.

I've been getting it in nearly every built up area i go to

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Going by this Six Launcher/Updater won't be getting any more support.

Not sure what to do.... I guess were now using Play withSIX.

http://www.six-updater.net/2012/08/play-withsix-dayz-1725-prerelease.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

I have been using dayz commander for weeks now, works good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Magill wrote: »

yea happened to me and my friend which resulted in us being over run by zombies because he thought it would be a good idea to shoot his fecking gun so could "hear where he was" :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭MakaDonVeli

For anyone experiencing the graphic glitch!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 chernoboyz v1per

Mak_United wrote: »
    For anyone experiencing the graphic glitch!

dont works evertime guys

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Just killed a sniper above elektro.... this guy had an AS50 TWS!! :) What a ridiculous gun, didn't help that guy much though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭therealwillie

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Just killed a sniper above elektro.... this guy had an AS50 TWS!! :) What a ridiculous gun, didn't help that guy much though :P

thats a hacked weapon

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

thats a hacked weapon

Yup it is alright

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement