Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm on US5 atm. Nice and bright.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Shane.C

Quote from that vid, '****, why does he keep eating all the beans' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,825 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Can't figure out why I cannot connect to US5. I have the most up to date version. Works on most servers..just not that one?

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

Db8 Ip add? Cant find it in shortlist. Is it the most played by boards peeps?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

I'm hanging around the southern lighthouse waiting for a few mates if anyone wants to group up for an adventure. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

I'm hanging around the southern lighthouse waiting for a few mates if anyone wants to group up for an adventure. :D

What server? I'll see if my connection has picked up.

US5

jumping to US3

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭longwhitecross+

o1s1n wrote: »
    Can't figure out why I cannot connect to US5. I have the most up to date version. Works on most servers..just not that one?

Have you got the beta patch or just the latest steam update?

jumping to US3

Im in US6, us5 got locked.

U in uk3?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Im in US3, us5 got locked.

U in uk3?

Trying to get into us3 also, server response...

**** US3 is at night

**** US3 is at night

You're in uk3 acording to game trackers dude

Balls, I can't play this at night at all...

Gonna regroup tomorrow with whoever I can at the southern lighthouse between Kamenka and Komorov on US5.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Gonna regroup tomorrow with whoever I can at the southern lighthouse between Kamenka and Komorov on US5.

I love that lighthouse based myself out of there for my first few hours today, had to quit there as theres no way im ready to try this at night

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

o1s1n wrote: »

Have the same issue. I have the beta patch installed but it still refuses connection. I just play on any other server.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Great craic this evening on virginia6 server with a bunch of sounds chaps. :D

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Great laugh with this tonight. 4 of us managed to get to Novy Sobor in pitch dark and found a large factory building with the most entrances blocked with razor wire. We figured there would be loads of gear inside, so we risked shooting zombies to make a break for it inside. Not one item in the whole building and got surrounded by maybe 40-50 zombies. A last stand with no ammo left.

Obviously we logged out at that point!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Maximilian wrote: »
    Great laugh with this tonight. 4 of us managed to get to Novy Sobor in pitch dark and found a large factory building with the most entrances blocked with razor wire. We figured there would be loads of gear inside, so we risked shooting zombies to make a break for it inside. Not one item in the whole building and got surrounded by maybe 40-50 zombies. A last stand with no ammo left.

Obviously we logged out at that point!

Way more than 40 or 50!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

That was awesome. I don't think we left any walkers for anybody else on the server. :p

Best play through I've had so far, by a mile.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

I've enjoyed reading people's Dayz experiences on the thread, so I thought I might put my impressions here too:

Got a first go of Dayz tonight, after at least 90 mins (!) of trying to get into a game, I made it into a server with the lads.

Spawned near Cherno and followed road/train tracks, found another survivor crouched on the tracks by the name of 'coyote', he wasn't moving. After a quick once over, I push onwards and then realise that coyote is following, trying to pilfer stuff from my pack! I'm not really paying him attention, if he was going to shoot me, he would have done so by now.

Listening to the lads on ts and trying to get my bearings, coyote, starts throwing flares on the ground... "bleedin' gimp... wasting his flares", I think to myself. I stop to get a handle on how to work the inventory etc and then head inland... with coyote close behind.

Out of nowhere... *BAM* I get hit with a single shot to the head. Fuck you coyote!

Get respawned and back into cherno, waggy is nearby somewhere by himself and syco and karma are having trouble with a pair of zeds, syco pulls the horde and ends it for the both of them. I find a church and announce my position to the lads... then scout all the nearby roads, only to find another survivor... I'm much more cautious this time. I get close enough to mouseover and realise... COYOTE! IT'S HIM! No hesitation... *Pop Pop* (Magnitude would be proud!), two right in the head. Announce my vengence with pride on TS...

I find waggy near the north hospital and he shows me where to get tooled up... winchester, ammo, food and drink. I'm set.

We head inland to Mogilevka to hook up with fairy, grim, boru, abe, karma and syco.

On the road in, we realise the server we're on has 0 zombies left, they've all been killed and none are respawning. Unfortunately, nothing else seems to be working either, no drops, no water refills etc. We have the run of the map, which makes it much easier to meet up, log off and spawn on another server together.

Myself and waggy arrive at Mogilevka and we're co-ordinating with the others on TS, karma and abe are on their way, grim and boru already there, we can hear another player somewhere over global ingame voice comms telling syco to calm down and don't shoot... shortly afterward we hear the torrent of abuse directed at syco for shooting... ah, classic syco!

fairy comes down to collect us... I mouseover him as he walks down the road... when he gets close enough, 'Open backpack (coyote)' is displayed onscreen and the realisation dawns on me, like so: "are all players displayed as 'coyote' on this buggy server?!" "wait... it was hardly him?" "he sat on TS and didn't say a word all that time?!" "ffs, that prick just shot me in the back of the head on my first dayz mod run..." WAW!

After resisting the temptation to shoot him in the head again, we all form up on the north east hill overlooking Mogilevka, agree to take a break, switch server and push into the village.

20 mins later, we're back on a new server and looking at wandering zeds all over the roads around our position, this is a different scene to the last server and the game properly kicks in here...

A line of us in the trees, myself, abe, boru, grim, fairy and karma, all croutch-walk slowly towards the road into Mogilevka, while waggy covers with the sniper rifle on the hill. Someone comes up with the idea that waggy should start sniping them and thin the zeds out a bit for our approach. It sounded like a good idea at the time... the shots ring out in the Mogilevka sky and zeds for miles around, free at last, with one direction and purpose, come running towards us.

After the smoke clears, boru is dead: myself, karma, abe and grim are alive...barely. fairy is on the ground unable to move, bleeding out, calling for bandages and adrenalin shots. Waggy is safe up on the hill. In fairness to him, he didn't laugh a single time at the benny hill scene that must have unfolded on his screen. After using up everyone's blood and bandages, fairy logs and rejoins, up and about again.

We decide against Mogilevka and push on towards Staroye but it's getting dark and we're out of supplies...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Bloody hell even i want to play this now

And i am one of the biggest haters of fps and zombies:eek:

Need more ram though :mad:

Thinking of testing it 1st before taking the plunge has anyone got it to work with unofficial thingys?

I know it is a ecumenical matter so a simple yeay or neigh is grand

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

What server you guys playing on tonight?

On virginia6 at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

So I came home there at 3am and I STILL can't get on...... Was trying from around 4pm(till round 8)

Can't see anyone else saying that, so what are ye doing different? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Sound of Silence

So I came home there at 3am and I STILL can't get on...... Was trying from around 4pm(till round 8)

Can't see anyone else saying that, so what are ye doing different? :(

Are you trying American servers or EU servers?

Try and go for the less populated American servers. They're much easier to get in to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Lucutus wrote: »
    when he gets close enough, 'Open backpack (coyote)' is displayed onscreen and the realisation dawns on me, like so: "are all players displayed as 'coyote' on this buggy server?!" "wait... it was hardly him?" "he sat on TS and didn't say a word all that time?!" "ffs, that prick just shot me in the back of the head on my first dayz mod run..." WAW!After resisting the temptation to shoot him in the head again, we all form up on the north east hill overlooking Mogilevka, agree to take a break, switch server and push into the village.

Thanks for the story.

I presuming someone has already told you that coyote is the name of the backpack you start off with? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Thanks for the story.

I presuming someone has already told you that coyote is the name of the backpack you start off with? :D

No, but the penny dropped on the next server, which wasn't hardcore, so everyone had their names displayed properly.

"Alice? Alice? Who the fuck is Alice?" over TS... *shakes head sadly*

the joys of the n00b.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Someone should update the OP with teamspeak / mumble servers and a list of dayz servers that are most popular with boardsies. (Along with that link to gametracker: http://www.gametracker.com/search/arma2/?search_by=online_player&query=boards)

Had good craic last night. Managed to get through Cherno on my own, ran into either 3 guys or the same guy 3 times.

Picked up loads of loot and a crossbow with plenty of bolts. Currently hiding in a bush under the powerlines northwest of cherno.

Really wanna meet up with some people as now that I actually have some gear, i dont wan to die!

:P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement