Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Hey all
    So where can i download the version of dayz to get on the boards server?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Hey all
    So where can i download the version of dayz to get on the boards server?

http://cdn.armafiles.info/

Download the latest torrent, and just rename it Addons and pop it into your @DayZ folder.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 988 ✭✭✭deadeye187

So who is killn me in IE1 between 15:30 and 16:00?......i have nothing and all you do is wait by the coast to kill new spawns(no guns or nothing)!....wow must be hard to kill someone who can do nothing but run!.....You afraid i can run faster than you?

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

deadeye187 wrote: »
    So who is killn me in IE1 between 15:30 and 16:00?......i have nothing and all you do is wait by the coast to kill new spawns(no guns or nothing)!....wow must be hard to kill someone who can do nothing but run!.....You afraid i can run faster than you?

Yeah three guys in a jeep on IE1 killing fresh spawns. Thought there wasn't vehicles on IE1 now? How did these three guys I've never seen on the server before manage to pick one up:confused: Seems suspicious...

Yeah three guys in a jeep on IE1 killing fresh spawns. Thought there wasn't vehicles on IE1 now? How did these three guys I've never seen on the server before manage to pick one up:confused: Seems suspicious...

There is vehicles, just not very many of them. 5 or 6 at the most.
    The only jeep in the game was the UAZ, wasn't someone on boards bragging about how they had found a UAZ a few days ago?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

loads of questions answered by Rocket himself.. head on over :
    Dog details etc.. you have to feed the hound!

I really can't wait to see where this mod goes now that he has full access to the engine and can do whatever he wants.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭MakaDonVeli

I really can't wait to see where this mod goes now that he has full access to the engine and can do whatever he wants.

All about the standalone game now.. Doubt the mod will get 100%.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

YES! Looks like he's saying you'll be able to punch people :D

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

Mod will be supported until after the standalone is released at the very least. Probably be used as a testbed to try out new things long after the standalone reaches version 1.0 status.

As for the dogs, I wonder if a persons humanity status will affect the type of dog? Perhaps being a hardcore bandit will only allow you loud vicious little lapdogs and a person who is a friend to all will get a well trained attack dog :p

• Advertisement

I'd say support will stop as soon as the Standalone comes out. The majority of features require the new engine for the stand alone which the mod isn't using.
    Besides, seems pointless buying a standalone version if the mod is going to be supported alongside it.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭_vti

All about the standalone game now.. Doubt the mod will get 100%.

It'll get more attention from the community.

It is already, what with Lingor.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭MakaDonVeli

_vti wrote: »

Most people will be on the full game tho. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

_vti wrote: »

The standalone version is quite a while away. Plus lingor was in development well before the recent announcement I'd say.

how do you feel about paying another £20/€25 for the full game... ? or the Alpha for around half that.
    The reality is we paid for Arma II, but I already had it because I love the realism and the squad control / base building aspect ( old Battlezone I/II player, that game was awesome)

I think Its a great shame that Rocket is not getting a portion of the cash going in to Arma sales at the moment.( correct me if i'm misinformed)

I don't think the engine has the capacity for a game of this calibre, as there's so many avenues it could go down. maybe the Arma III engine will change that.

Cant wait for 200 man servers, map sizes will have to be upgraded to 400+sq/KM though otherwise it'll just be a deathmatch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭Goro

I was cycling around when suddenly the game froze and my PC froze too. So I had to do a hard shutdown and when I got back into the game, While the screen said receiving I can hear zombies attacking my character! I couldn't do anything about it! just a black screen and the sound of zombies!

I cntrl alt deleted and killed that process now I will log in on a night server and hope my char is still alive.

I had so much cool stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I found my first ghillie suit.

I felt invincible

I wasnt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭eurofoxy

played for the first time today in a few days, man cherno was full of bodies, looted what i could and created a nicely stocked camp...
    but cherno and electro are both dead now, have not met anyone in the last hour.
    is everyone up at the airfield, might take a cycle up that way.. anyone noticed that the bell from the bike attracts the zeds like an air horn...

can you fit two people on a bike? fancy giving me a lift to the NW Airfields?
    i fancy some action up there and cant be arsed to walk it..

eurofoxy wrote: »
    played for the first time today in a few days, man cherno was full of bodies, looted what i could and created a nicely stocked camp...
    but cherno and electro are both dead now, have not met anyone in the last hour.
    is everyone up at the airfield, might take a cycle up that way.. anyone noticed that the bell from the bike attracts the zeds like an air horn...

I haven't met anyone in 3 days on IE2 and I was cycling between all the major city's over and over again, It's been dead to say the least.

Tip with the bike, stay out of cities, cut round the city through the wilderness and stash it before you dismount to enter a city.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Sound of Silence

Is the Boards server up to Beta Patch 95913?

I've been struggling to join the server.

Goro wrote: »
    I was cycling around when suddenly the game froze and my PC froze too. So I had to do a hard shutdown and when I got back into the game, While the screen said receiving I can hear zombies attacking my character! I couldn't do anything about it! just a black screen and the sound of zombies!

I cntrl alt deleted and killed that process now I will log in on a night server and hope my char is still alive.

I had so much cool stuff!

Well I logged back in and I found myself on the coast again, with all my gear :) .

I think someone here said they had a tent and a bike up north.
    Its mine now.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Sound of Silence

platinums wrote: »
    how do you feel about paying another £20/€25 for the full game... ? or the Alpha for around half that.
    The reality is we paid for Arma II, but I already had it because I love the realism and the squad control / base building aspect ( old Battlezone I/II player, that game was awesome)

I think Its a great shame that Rocket is not getting a portion of the cash going in to Arma sales at the moment.( correct me if i'm misinformed)

I don't think the engine has the capacity for a game of this calibre, as there's so many avenues it could go down. maybe the Arma III engine will change that.

Cant wait for 200 man servers, map sizes will have to be upgraded to 400+sq/KM though otherwise it'll just be a deathmatch.

I think one of the main reasons he's going down this new avenue is to combat cheating and hacking more effectively. Apparently the ARMA engine was never built to cope with complex hacking and weapon duplicating.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 oJayTo

Just want to say thanks to whoever left me the lovely UAZ north of Starry :) Pity your aim isn't better you might have at least taken out a tyre :P

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭therealwillie

I think one of the main reasons he's going down this new avenue is to combat cheating and hacking more effectively. Apparently the ARMA engine was never built to cope with complex hacking and weapon duplicating.

theres nothing complex about it, arma just wasn't built for dayz, it was built to be wide open, so that players could easily inject scripts and what not on the fly. and they don't want to change that that cuz it would really annoy arma veterans

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Zatoichi

Artifacting is making it unplayable atm. Same issue on both IE servers. On IE1 I noticed some assneck placed a wire fence inside the barracks.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭hawkeye_bmr

totally unplayable at certain parts of the NW too...

2012081300003.jpg

2012081300002.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Got some of that last night. Was being chased by zombies at the time so really screwed me over.

• Advertisement

totally unplayable at certain parts of the NW too...

]

have you had any luck with the flush trick?/

50% chance of fixing apparently.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement