Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

hahahaha class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

How often does this stuff happen to that guy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlHKGObvJy4

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭shootermacg

tuxy wrote: »
    How often does this stuff happen to that guy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlHKGObvJy4

The hacker had the same voice in both, I smells bullsh1t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

The hacker had the same voice in both, I smells bullsh1t.

I think many of the more entertaining dayz videos have some element of hacking. Like the ones that consistently find enemy camps while recording.
    It does keep things interesting.......

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

tuxy wrote: »
    I think many of the more entertaining dayz videos have some element of hacking. Like the ones that consistently find enemy camps while recording.
    It does keep things interesting.......

Some people just record like everything they do and cut the good bits out for the Tubes.

• Advertisement
  • Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Best use of a teleport hack yet

and also

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭_vti

omfg LOL!!

way too funny

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭hawkeye_bmr

seems IE1 is a bit iffy when it comes to vehicles.

Blew up a bus at the Pobeda Dam the other night, only for it to respawn in the same place after a restart, all gear still inside it.

Swamp monster ate the helicopter that was fixed up from scratch, then it respawned at one of the places I had saved it, albeit fully damaged, found engine parts and a windscreen and made my way back to fix it, didnt stop the bike fast enough and hit it slightly, then all the damage disappears, fully repaired with the same gear that was in it before we "crashed" it....

Dont know if it was hacked or if its glitched, as surely hacked items will disappear after a server restart??

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭therealwillie

seems IE1 is a bit iffy when it comes to vehicles.

Blew up a bus at the Pobeda Dam the other night, only for it to respawn in the same place after a restart, all gear still inside it.

Swamp monster ate the helicopter that was fixed up from scratch, then it respawned at one of the places I had saved it, albeit fully damaged, found engine parts and a windscreen and made my way back to fix it, didnt stop the bike fast enough and hit it slightly, then all the damage disappears, fully repaired with the same gear that was in it before we "crashed" it....

Dont know if it was hacked or if its glitched, as surely hacked items will disappear after a server restart??

that happens on pretty much every server hawkeye, i seen a guy fully repair a helicopter by hitting it over and over with a hatchet. on a side note a friend of mine took a sniper rifle out of one of my tents last night only for it to re appear a few minutes later in the tent, no restart, thats new, for me anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 12,211 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Spawned on ie2, fell to the ground unconcious for no reason. Awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 988 ✭✭✭deadeye187

Maximilian was that you that shot me today, i was in a boat, it was on ie2!?

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

MadYaker wrote: »
    Spawned on ie2, fell to the ground unconcious for no reason. Awesome.

Happened to me twice today but I had 12k blood when I woke up and was only on 9.5k when I logged off so it wasn't so bad :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

If you Alt tab out of the game, don't click the icon on the task bar to get back in. Too many times now it has registered in game and my gun went off, giving away my position or alerting zombies :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

If you Alt tab out of the game, don't click the icon on the task bar to get back in. Too many times now it has registered in game and my gun went off, giving away my position or alerting zombies :(

That can still happen if you click at all when ArmA is not in focus.

I was adjusting my DayZDB map and tabbed back in to fire an M107...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

You know what's awesome? Taking out a squad / group by yourself. This is my object in this game from now on.

That's why you hit p before you alt tab ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭therealwillie

That can still happen if you click at all when ArmA is not in focus.

I was adjusting my DayZDB map and tabbed back in to fire an M107...

is it not just from you clicking to get back into the game, like more than one click? happened to me once, but ive nearly been killed by it a few times. so maybe just dont rush to get back in the game :D

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭_vti

Viper...seriously??

Is there any way of getting a list of all the servers you joined recently?

Edit: nvm, found one in dayz commander

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

deadeye187 wrote: »
    Maximilian was that you that shot me today, i was in a boat, it was on ie2!?

I couldn't possibly comment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Someone just kill me in Elektro supermarket?

FFS. I run all the way to starry, my internet dies so I have to reconnect to the server. When I reconnect I'm back at the f*cking coast! And once again i fall to ground unconcious and have to wait 5 mins.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

You know what's awesome? Taking out a squad / group by yourself. This is my object in this game from now on.

Did it myself at the airfield earlier. I think one might of gotten scared and drove off in his car though.

Edit: This is cool: http://www.tecca.com/columns/dayz-backpacks-where-to-buy/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Squarewave

It's my first time playing. I've been running for 30 minutes straight and I've only seen hills, loads of trees and a cow.
    Am I doing it wrong?

Squarewave wrote: »
    It's my first time playing. I've been running for 30 minutes straight and I've only seen hills, loads of trees and a cow.
    Am I doing it wrong?

No that sounds about right lol You should have run along the coast when you spawned in, then you would have come to buildings to gather loot. Try and find your way south again maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭hawkeye_bmr

Am I doing it wrong?

Your still alive? Id say you're playing it right

No that sounds about right lol You should have run along the coast when you spawned in, then you would have come to buildings to gather loot. Try and find your way south again maybe.
    I think I've already committed to heading inland at this stage. I've found a heavy object to hold down the w key.

Actually, is there anyway to respawn?

Ooh, another cow..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Actually, is there anyway to respawn?
    Yes. Get yourself killed. Easiest way to do it is to run through a town and get the attention of 5 or 6 zombies. Then go creep on Facebook for 5 minutes.

• Advertisement

Squarewave when you spawn look at the bottom right of the screen, the game tells you where you are. Then use this map: http://dayzdb.com/map to figure out where you are and where the best place to go for loot is.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement