Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

anyone got lingor to work with the Arma II Operation Arrowhead: Steam Version?

I have downloaded @lingor/@lingor_dayz/@dayz_lingor_island but the russian instructions are soo effing vague...

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭MakaDonVeli

Why do people mark tents on the map, when it has stuff in it?

Baffles me :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

They must think the map is private, it's a bit weird how stuff you mark on a map magically appears on other peoples maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Squarewave

Dammit FlyingIrishMan! I was trying to figure out the key for text chat.. Im such a noob

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Grrrrr been waiting for someone to come down from cherno tower only to find out they logged.

Take one shot at me miss,log out,within the last 10-15 mins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Squarewave wrote: »
    Dammit FlyingIrishMan! I was trying to figure out the key for text chat.. Im such a noob

Sorry. I asked you to talk and you wouldn't so I shot you.
    If somebody refuses to talk to me I can't trust them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Who ever i shot just there Sorry..... I got scared there where two of you :p

So do any of you team up with newer players or is it just with people you started dayz with? Been playing solo for about a week now and its starting to get boring

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Sound of Silence

So do any of you team up with newer players or is it just with people you started dayz with? Been playing solo for about a week now and its starting to get boring

I'll be on with a mate at around 8pm or so tomorrow if you want to join up for a while.

Just hop into the Boards Mumble - there should be some info about it somewhere here on the thread. If not, I can send you the link.

Grrrrr been waiting for someone to come down from cherno tower only to find out they logged.

I put a couple of bullets in that chap when he came down the ladder. I think Chris was his name.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Why does no one go to the north west on the Boards servers anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scody94

I put a couple of bullets in that chap when he came down the ladder. I think Chris was his name.

that Guy you call Chris , goes by Troutfisher on this Forum lol , p!ssed myself laughing when i read that.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭PandyAndy

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Why does no one go to the north west on the Boards servers anymore?

I was up there an hour or two ago. The place was dead so I left. Although I only stayed around for 10 mins at most.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 rakane01

ie2 has quite a few players on since early afternoon. whats the story with everyone are you all just pvp down coasts or are ppl playing the simulation all over the map because the north in general is deserted.

PandyAndy wrote: »
    I was up there an hour or two ago. The place was dead so I left. Although I only stayed around for 10 mins at most.

I feel sorry for all the lonely Snipers up on NW Airfield.

rakane01 wrote: »
    ie2 has quite a few players on since early afternoon. whats the story with everyone are you all just pvp down coasts or are ppl playing the simulation all over the map because the north in general is deserted.

The north is always deserted on both servers, especially IE2. Very hard to find decent squad v squad combat.

You'll rarely find anyone well armed up north, there always down south killing new spawns with there snipers.

I'd love if the developers did a complete character wipe for everyone & wiped all tents etc. Would be great to actually need to loot the stary tents again. If I want gear I go to elektro sniper hill or go to one of the many camps dotted throughout servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,210 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Sticking my neck out here a bit but anyone up north fancy giving me a blood transfusion :o I'm by the NW airfield and I have a blood bag.

ktulu123 wrote: »
    I'd love if the developers did a complete character wipe for everyone & wiped all tents etc. Would be great to actually need to loot the stary tents again. If I want gear I go to elektro sniper hill or go to one of the many camps dotted throughout servers.

I think it's really a matter of providing more tangible objectives for survivors. I honestly believe that the promise of weapons really shouldn't be the only thing to draw players North. Hell, weapons and vehicles seem to be the driving force for everything in DayZ when you think about it.

Being a casual player, I often feel that time is far too huge a constraint when playing this game. Providing even the most basic objectives that people like myself could achieve in a reasonable amount of time would be brilliant. I'm sure it would even give me the incentive to head North a little more often than I do.

The objectives could be absolutely anything! Why not get players to send a signal through each one of the Comm towers to get the location of randomly located vehicle or weapons dump? Maybe we could have radios that broadcast procedurally generated messages that would force large numbers of player into a single area, like a distress beacon or a call for the assassination of a group of players. Anything that would shake up the game up a little bit every once in a while.

• Advertisement

I just spent a while stalking Kevin around the NW airfield wondering if he might give me a blood transfusion. But then I realised I was far better equipped than him and he had every reason to kill me so I murdered him in the deer stand beside the airfield. Sorry Kevin :(

Edit: still looking for that blood transfusion btw :) don't lets kevins experience put you off!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

You still up yaker ?

MadYaker wrote: »
    I just spent a while stalking Kevin around the NW airfield wondering if he might give me a blood transfusion. But then I realised I was far better equipped than him and he had every reason to kill me so I murdered him in the deer stand beside the airfield. Sorry Kevin :(

Edit: still looking for that blood transfusion btw :) don't lets kevins experience put you off!

You do know anyone that goes up there to 'heal' you, will more then likely kill you?

Your better off asking someone you know and trust to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Found a Bus on IE1 earlier,great craic.

Got bored then blew it up.

Soby wrote: »
    You still up yaker ?

Nah I've logged off I'm going to bed now.

Found a Bus on IE1 earlier,great craic.

Got bored then blew it up.

2 buses on IE1 in the last few days? And who said vehicle spawn was low?

Thankfully our's is still parked up where we left it :D

Another reason to keep all the good stuff in a seperate location as well. Incase someone does manage to find it.!!

Just logged on to IE2 to see if anything was going down. Scary how much of an advantage your at with night vision goggles. May hop on when its dark more often.

Got to the airfield on another server, seems quiet until an invisible MK48 starts shooting at us...FFS!

finally got Lingor working last night.. a different island makes a lot of difference. Also met a group and had some great craic with a bus, we drove to the s. airfield then the whole squad was murdered one at a time, by another 5-7man squad, who had snipers watching the airfield. It was havok and hilarious at the same time.

Stuff like that never seems to happen to me on the Dayz Irish server and I cant be arsed to go elsewhere, ( i like moaning/commenting here).., Its just as well Lingor did reinvigorate dayz for me as I was getting a tad bored of the solo play and Chernarus was done to death. Actually I think it may have been more the group element rather than the game/map..

Maybe ill start an open clan for the boards server. Some where anyone who want to team up with a group can join in and tag along etc. the only requirement would be a sense of humour , mumble etc.

DayZ Lingor

Found a really easy guide for setting this up.
    here

Played last night and had a welcome change from Chernarus.
    New map is good to explore and has more loot spawns. Its not overkill but enough to make sure your up and running a bit quicker.

More Vehicles aswell and choppers. The servers are not connected to the hive and run their own instance so you can't server hop with your gear; which I quite prefer, Each new server starts a new character.

I noticed some servers were very fast even US ones that I was on when loading characters etc (local hive)

Also Here's a map if you do get it up and running: http://dayz.metrocraft.org/lmap/

If anyone is interested in joining hands and going skipping through the meadows of Lingor with me, then jog on, however if you want to kill stuff, harass bandits and exlpore the map or improve you chopper skills add me on steam: "platinums" or pm me. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Never saw that map before, looks like there could be a lot of nice choke point for ambushes. Chernarus just doesn't have that. Tank Traps could really be useful here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement