Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Ha thats actually the great thing about Lingor. There's no barb wire, tank trap or sandbag griefing.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

Hopefully Rocket will also bring in some way of stopping the force looting of item spawn points & the duplicating of gear in tents. Means there's far too much rare weapons laying about in tents. If they are rare a player should be carrying them, not having 3 sitting in a tent.

And if he gets rid of the Thermal scope on the l85a2 I might start wandering near the really dangerous areas like the NW airfield & Stary Sobor. It currently makes it far too easy for a sniper/sniper team to camp out an area and kill anyone who doesn't have the thermal themselves.

At the moment if I want decent weapons & kit I'll try and sneak into one of the base camps hidden about the place. Far less chance that someone is camping those.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,210 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Hopefully Rocket will also bring in some way of stopping the force looting of item spawn points & the duplicating of gear in tents. Means there's far too much rare weapons laying about in tents. If they are rare a player should be carrying them, not having 3 sitting in a tent.

And if he gets rid of the Thermal scope on the l85a2 I might start wandering near the really dangerous areas like the NW airfield & Stary Sobor. It currently makes it far too easy for a sniper/sniper team to camp out an area and kill anyone who doesn't have the thermal themselves.

At the moment if I want decent weapons & kit I'll try and sneak into one of the base camps hidden about the place. Far less chance that someone is camping those.

Just go to a quiet server with 2/3 players and then you can wander around starry and the NW AF care free!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭JTER

So I thought with my 2nd trip up to NW airfield. only about 3 on Boards server and pop, got sniped. I really should stay away from that control tower !

Gonna give Lingor a try for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

MadYaker wrote: »
    Just go to a quiet server with 2/3 players and then you can wander around starry and the NW AF care free!

Could do that but without some element of danger the game would get boring quickly. I've another month to get out of this mod before the next expansion of BF3. :D

It's just the thermal makes it too easy for people to find me. If I'm to get sniped I want the person to have at least worked at it.

• Advertisement

I do it to gear up and then move back to a more populated server.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

It's just the thermal makes it too easy for people to find me. If I'm to get sniped I want the person to have at least worked at it.

a ghilie suit should really lower your body temperature or they should build in soem antithermal long johns to balance that out.

It seems to work in BF3 with the tanks; tank has thermal vision other tanks can equip antithermal shielding..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

platinums wrote: »
    a ghilie suit should really lower your body temperature or they should build in soem antithermal long johns to balance that out.

It seems to work in BF3 with the tanks; tank has thermal vision other tanks can equip antithermal shielding..

But you sacrifice other useful options for it, a ghillie with thermal shelding would be way OP.
    Maybe some nice blue long-johns. Not too stand out, not nearly as good a ghillie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

MadYaker wrote: »
    I do it to gear up and then move back to a more populated server.

Your missing the whole point of the game.

Your missing the whole point of the game.

I don't care what the point is. I play with a few mates and we play it however we want. I don't like getting sniped after running all the way to NW airfield before I have a chance to get any decent kit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Just met rocket a few mins ago, gave him my approval made his day I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 posh101

Some ass hole hacker shot me last night at 12midnight on IE2
    people on the server where

Andy, Smiley_ie, blobby, steph, smith, Cahek, Rakaneooz, sean, anhi, Dalholt, another_me, chernoboyze minze.

I was in camo, didnt move for an hour, one shot one kill, in the middle of no where over looking a petrol pump North of Polana, I want to know how you knew I was there if you weren't hacking, if you don't own up I hope you die in a rain of cancer :)

posh101 wrote: »

Andy, Smiley_ie, blobby, steph, smith, Cahek, Rakaneooz, sean, anhi, Dalholt, another_me, chernoboyze minze.

I was in camo, didnt move for an hour, one shot one kill, in the middle of no where over looking a petrol pump North of Polana, I want to know how you knew I was there if you weren't hacking, if you don't own up I hope you die in a rain of cancer :)

Thermal.

Thermal.

I thought that too, but it was foggy, my angle you would only be able to see me if you where in a certain point cos I was behind a hill, and it was one shot one kill.

Yeh he probably had a gun with a thermal scope. Anyway how could sit still for an hour watching a fupping petrol pump??

More flies with sugar....

Probably thermal. Some hackers spawned in some thermal AS-50s, it's not an offence to use them, so there are a few going around.

You can see a little further through fog with thermal so he could have been in front of you without you even seeing him.

Failing that, your gun is a dead giveaway. If you had an M107 or AS50, no amount of camo will hide you.

More flies with sugar....

Probably thermal. Some hackers spawned in some thermal AS-50s, it's not an offence to use them, so there are a few going around.

You can see a little further through fog with thermal so he could have been in front of you without you even seeing him.

Failing that, your gun is a dead giveaway. If you had an M107 or AS50, no amount of camo will hide you.

Didn't know you could get thermal as50s, just be nice to know it wasnt a hacker fair play if he got me fair and square.

I saw a guy on a motorbike and thats the best place for fuel as it hits 3 main roads. One time I saw a bus and bike come out of there within 10 mins of each other.

Like you say it weird getting shot there as there isnt any point for anyone to be around there.

Question, on the L85 you press N for nightvision and termal but how do you get normal vision. Ive had normal and grey before with nv and thermal but dont know the key.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

lovin' those tears Posh :P

Now listen & learn from Uncle James ;). No thermal necessary. I spawned into the treeline about 450m to your west. You were camped too close to the filling station 'cause first thing I saw was zeds around the tanks. I was too far away to spawn them so I knew somebody was around. Just a matter of sweeping the area until I saw you. From that distance the grass around you wasn't drawing in, so you were easy to spot on the hill.
    Rangefinders put you at slightly over 450m...AS50 with Nato round...zero to 400m....crosshairs an inch or two above your head.........breathe in.....................

Lessons learned... no need to thank me :D

James74 wrote: »
    lovin' those tears Posh :P

Now listen & learn from Uncle James ;). No thermal necessary. I spawned into the treeline about 450m to your west. You were camped too close to the filling station 'cause first thing I saw was zeds around the tanks. I was too far away to spawn them so I knew somebody was around. Just a matter of sweeping the area until I saw you. From that distance the grass around you wasn't drawing in, so you were easy to spot on the hill.
    Rangefinders put you at slightly over 450m...AS50 with Nato round...zero to 400m....crosshairs an inch or two above your head.........breathe in.....................

Lessons learned... no need to thank me :D

Thats fine as long as I didnt loss my gear to some hacker, good shot.
    Where you the guy on the motorbike?
    Also what where you doing in that area?
    Yea I know the z's spawning was bad.
    Whats your in game name then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

JTER wrote: »
    So I thought with my 2nd trip up to NW airfield. only about 3 on Boards server and pop, got sniped. I really should stay away from that control tower !

Gonna give Lingor a try for a while
    I know who did it :D

• Advertisement

Red Dirt Bike?
    Ghillie suit?
    :D

Red Dirt Bike?
    Ghillie suit?
    :D

Just bike no suit, where you by any chance up at NW airfield and over looking the URAL and Jeep killing about 4 players other night.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

Thats fine as long as I didnt loss my gear to some hacker, good shot.
    Good gawd man, I had no interest in your gear. Have anything nice? :P
    Where you the guy on the motorbike?
    Not me
    Also what where you doing in that area?
    Same as you probably, it's a busy junction
    Yea I know the z's spawning was bad.
    You learn fast young one, there is hope for you yet
    Whats your in game name then?
    ...em...Bob?

Just bike no suit, where you by any chance up at NW airfield and over looking the URAL and Jeep killing about 4 players other night.

That was us. Nobody was overlooking us, we may or may not own the red bike. ;)

Was at the NW last night, but before that it's been weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭JTER

Decryptor wrote: »
    I know who did it :D

bastards!

That was us. Nobody was overlooking us, we may or may not own the red bike. ;)

Id like to know where you were when you shot me I thermal-ed the place for ages and I got one shot one killed, an I was on a hill it was like you shot me from east but there was no shot sound.

Id like to know where you were when you shot me I thermal-ed the place for ages and I got one shot one killed, an I was on a hill it was like you shot me from east but there was no shot sound.

Are you faithfulpapal?

I killed you and two others, my squad mate got another that got into one of the towers. Your lucky I didn't get a shot at the red car, it left after I killed you

• Advertisement

You were a 900+ meter shot, took me 3 shots to get right cause the AS50 doesn't zero to 900

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement