Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 988 ✭✭✭deadeye187

Why are the boards servers so quite!?..........can someone please put me on to a good busy server!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭eurofoxy

deadeye187 wrote: »
    Why are the boards servers so quite!?..........can someone please put me on to a good busy server!?

just sort the servers by player number then pick one that has a low ping...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

People work you know....

People work you know....

Do they!?....You don`t coz your always on here!.......Good one Columbo

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭EI_Flyboy

tuxy wrote: »
    I didn't realise running a private server was allowed. Have the rules for running a server changed recently?

I remember seeing one locked server but it's not there anymore or at least no longer locked. If hacking starts to become a big problem on the ie servers, I suppose the answer would be to email Rocket or the game admins, state your case of excessive hacking and ask for an exemption. It could also be put that this would be a control case to see if this stops or reduces the hacking plus it would reduce the suspects to a limited pool making it easier to figure out who is hacking. Just a thought but when rules aren't meant to be broken, exemptions might be had!

Actually, there still are locked servers, I had them filtered out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

HAcking is a pain when you just got some mice loot and someone mass kilss ya.

One solution would be to create a single closed hive server like so many others have done. Its not technically impossible, a mysqlserver and some configs etc.

Then you can open it privately to Boardsies, and give out the password. Hacking will then be somewhat more controlled as there is a limited number of users.
    Alas, during the day when people are *working/pimping* or generally soliciting their services they will not be playing so the server may be quite empty.

+ having everyone register to play would be "like, oh my god too much work, going play Quake.."

I prefer closed hives, it means people have to tool up with whats on the server. It means they havent server hopped 20 empty servers at the airfield and circumvented the chance percentage to find decent items. Level playing field.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

also, as Lingor is out and is pretty stable, and with the map being 1/5th the size of Chernarus, why not offer it on the other server?7It would be a more concentrated game of Dayz, as in less space , more players per SQ/km

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

platinums wrote: »
    HAcking is a pain when you just got some mice loot and someone mass kilss ya.

One solution would be to create a single closed hive server like so many others have done. Its not technically impossible, a mysqlserver and some configs etc.

Then you can open it privately to Boardsies, and give out the password. Hacking will then be somewhat more controlled as there is a limited number of users.
    Alas, during the day when people are *working/pimping* or generally soliciting their services they will not be playing so the server may be quite empty.

+ having everyone register to play would be "like, oh my god too much work, going play Quake.."

I prefer closed hives, it means people have to tool up with whats on the server. It means they havent server hopped 20 empty servers at the airfield and circumvented the chance percentage to find decent items. Level playing field.

A passworded server is no good, no matter how many people on boards play it there will never be enough for a full server.
    I'm all for a private hive if someone can get that working, but no passwords
    I want full, exciting servers, not a server full of only boardsies who probably won't ever shoot each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Its called an office job.. we get laods of boards time wooo... my reason?

"Its compiling"... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ELJeff

Don't suppose theres anyone friendly at nw airfield that could come out to give me a blood transfusion? I'll throw in a free blood bag?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

not a server full of only boardsies who probably won't ever shoot each other.

Um...

Korvanica wrote: »
    Its called an office job.. we get laods of boards time wooo... my reason?

"Its compiling"... ;)

My code is near constantly compiling.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭_vti

^lol

Ever hear of an Office Job?
    With computers....
    Your obviously on your summer holidays kiddo.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 chernoboyz ticos

http://s14.directupload.net/file/d/2985/7zsktpgj_jpg.htm

It still doesnt work with sixlauncher ?

Didnt play for some days..

Ever hear of an Office Job?
    With computers....
    Your obviously on your summer holidays kiddo.

LOL..so thats the standard come back on every fourm....."kid not back to school"....well your very interested in kids and when they go back to school....start of the perv year for you then!?...........i`m sure you still live at home with your mom and she pays for your cable!
    i don`t work as i do not need too......so even if u have to work your still a loser in my eyes!.....

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ELJeff

KeyboardWarriors.jpg

ELJeff wrote: »
    KeyboardWarriors.jpg

this is too true!......thats all thats on these sites!......

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭MakaDonVeli

LOL..so thats the standard come back on every fourm....."kid not back to school"....well your very interested in kids and when they go back to school....start of the perv year for you then!?...........i`m sure you still live at home with your mom and she pays for your cable!

As for me i`m 33 and don`t need to work as i have plenty of money......so even if u have to work your still a loser in my eyes!.....

STFU. Gringe!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

this is too true!......

He was talking about you too.

• Advertisement

He was talking about you too.

look at all you keyboards besties!......hmm...sure this is not a "gay" thread and not dayz!?

So as i said in my 1th post.....anyone tell me a good busy server!

STFU. Gringe!

look at this he-man!

i bet you damaged your keyboard hitting them buttons so hard!....

EASY TIGER!

Dig up Deadeye.

Dig up Deadeye.

interesting!

this_way_up_black_on_white.gif

look at this he-man!

i bet you damaged your keyboard hitting them buttons so hard!....

EASY TIGER!

Yea, I damaged my keyboard cause of an old man.

My last post for DeadEye

dig_Hole.jpg

Yea, I damaged my keyboard cause of an old man.

truth hurts then!....but it good to admit to these things.....kids, get worked up so easy!...when you grow up you will see, now be a good boy and let the adults talk, were you thought no manners?

• Advertisement

Your actually a moron :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement