Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

Hey guys sorry about that, legitimate disconnect, I had a lot of lag didn't even realize you were shooting at me. Disconnected and reconnected right away, suddenly you were on the roof with me so I thought you were hackers. :P wasn't trying to avoid you tho, so fair kill to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭MakaDonVeli

Jaafa wrote: »
    Hey guys sorry about that, legitimate disconnect, I had a lot of lag didn't even realize you were shooting at me. Disconnected and reconnected right away, suddenly you were on the roof with me so I thought you were hackers. :P wasn't trying to avoid you tho, so fair kill to you.

Ah no problem, there was 4 of us in the town, me and my mate in the bus at which you shot :P

You killed Cody when he was coming up on to the roof and Trout moved around and flanked you while I kept eyes on the bus. Which he shot you :)

You hit me in the bus but the windscreen took all the damage, only dealt me 1k damage :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

I was more annoyed your body disappearing and we couldn't get the stuff back :/

Ah no problem, there was 4 of us in the town, me and my mate in the bus at which you shot :P

You killed Cody when he was coming up on to the roof and Trout moved around and flanked you while I kept eyes on the bus. Which he shot you :)

You hit me in the bus but the windscreen took all the damage, only dealt me 1k damage :D

I was in the middle tall apartment building. Heard the bus so got on the roof and started shooting, you jumped out and a couple of minutes later I lost connection, reconnected saw someone heading back to the bus shot again and missed, so decided I'd spent too long on the roof and moved back inside.

I was in the back room watching out the window at the bus, turned around and could see cody through the front window of the building standing on the roof of the hospital took one shot and dropped him.

Waited around 10-15 mins because I knew there was at least 2 of you, finally said feck it Ill go to the body I've only an lee enfield on me so nothing to lose. Got to the roof and no one was shooting at me so I took my sweet time, just as I finished looting the body I lost connection. Considered just leaving it for the night but I said I'd just go back on and then disconnect somewhere outside Cherno. Spawned, saw you, fired one shot, it hit the wooden pallets and you got me.

Thing is, I spawned in electro then, after gearing up again I heard a lot of pistol shots from the dock, started heading towards it and was near the blue metal building, when I heard the bus again behind me honking the horn. I thought I'd run into the building shoot the guy and then run back and shoot at the bus, I ran up one side of the concrete wall to get to it, when I got there, no one was to be found and the bus had driven away.

I guess what happened was the guy (I assume you picked him up), ran along the opposite side of the wall (the road side) and I missed him and you guys drove off. :/

I'll be back in electro tomorrow night gentlemen, good luck to you.

I was more annoyed your body disappearing and we couldn't get the stuff back :/

Really? I didn't even leave the server, as you can see from the above post, I spawned back in right away in electro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14616

i use this one. there is also the armex mission that is in the game already, for use on weapons and vehicles. but if its just guns ya want then the one i linked is the best

That was excellent, just spent an hour on it trying to take a heli out with a AS50.. the Med Evac chopper has great plating, I only managed to injure a gunner but probably fluke, flying objects are hard to hit.

Jaafa wrote: »
    I was in the middle tall apartment building. Heard the bus so got on the roof and started shooting, you jumped out and a couple of minutes later I lost connection, reconnected saw someone heading back to the bus shot again and missed, so decided I'd spent too long on the roof and moved back inside.

I was in the back room watching out the window at the bus, turned around and could see cody through the front window of the building standing on the roof of the hospital took one shot and dropped him.

Waited around 10-15 mins because I knew there was at least 2 of you, finally said feck it Ill go to the body I've only an lee enfield on me so nothing to lose. Got to the roof and no one was shooting at me so I took my sweet time, just as I finished looting the body I lost connection. Considered just leaving it for the night but I said I'd just go back on and then disconnect somewhere outside Cherno. Spawned, saw you, fired one shot, it hit the wooden pallets and you got me.

Thing is, I spawned in electro then, after gearing up again I heard a lot of pistol shots from the dock, started heading towards it and was near the blue metal building, when I heard the bus again behind me honking the horn. I thought I'd run into the building shoot the guy and then run back and shoot at the bus, I ran up one side of the concrete wall to get to it, when I got there, no one was to be found and the bus had driven away.

I guess what happened was the guy (I assume you picked him up), ran along the opposite side of the wall (the road side) and I missed him and you guys drove off. :/

I'll be back in electro tomorrow night gentlemen, good luck to you.

Haha, we picked up one of the lads at electro, not sure if it was the lad you saw tho. :)

I was wondering who the two lads were that drove the UAZ down to the south east coast and started looking at my damaged boat ( i just fresh spawned next to it so it was mine!). Few days back now mind.

I was walking away to get some stuff to repair it, then i heard the car and hid.

Low and behold they spotted the boat and were having a look. SO i crept up on the car, took out the M4 CCO, at which point the lad in the Ghillie got in and drove of in a panic i guess, I was lagging unfortunately and didnt manage to hit it, then heard silenced shots which put me out.

I couldn't believe i managed to steal their gun and potentially shoot them with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭therealwillie

platinums wrote: »
    That was excellent, just spent an hour on it trying to take a heli out with a AS50.. the Med Evac chopper has great plating, I only managed to injure a gunner but probably fluke, flying objects are hard to hit.

the chopper in it cannot be taken down unfortunately, you just get points for killing the crew members, even if you get a stinger you will only kill the crew members

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭ColinM9991

platinums wrote: »
    Is there a map/scenario that comes with Arma that I can use to test the sniper rifles? ie get the hang of mil dots with sniper rifles etc..

I'd recommend using ACE with Kestral, Vector & DAGR to learn faster.
    It hugely helps for the vanilla game with accuracy etc.

• Advertisement

the chopper in it cannot be taken down unfortunately, you just get points for killing the crew members, even if you get a stinger you will only kill the crew members

Yeah I figured that after the first stinger i fired at it.
    ColinM9991 wrote: »
    I'd recommend using ACE with Kestral, Vector & DAGR to learn faster.
    It hugely helps for the vanilla game with accuracy etc.

not a clue what Kestrel & Vector are, haven't had much luck getting ACE up and running. Maybe there is an Arma forum post regarding this ? Thanks (dont want to discuss here too much)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Kestrel is a wind monitor to adjust your shots by.

Install TS3 3.0.8 (not 3.0.8.1) then..
    Install ACE and ACRE through six updater. It will put the files in the appropriate place etc.
    Get all the ace associated files (acex_ru etc) and then start the game with them.

Once you get ACRE and ACE up and running go onto TheWreckingCrew's server and they'll run you through everything you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭therealwillie

don't think there is much point running ace, if all your playing is dayz, no need to adjust for wind in dayz. means you would be practicing for something thats different. unless your playing the dayz lingor/ace mod

don't think there is much point running ace, if all your playing is dayz, no need to adjust for wind in dayz. means you would be practicing for something thats different. unless your playing the dayz lingor/ace mod

thats the aim, I played Arma way before Dayz got here, I want to get the hang of Ace for the added realism, .

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Mc Ginnis_BMR

Ive been playing solid since 6am this morning, i've just finished now, 5pm
    the whole time i didn't see a chopper on IE1. only 1 crashed heli

Moved over to IE2 to give it a go, went up to the NWAF, damm the artifacts are annoying found 6 Axes in one room so i thought id had enough of that and ran off. Wasn't worth the trouble.

Is the Chopper on IE2 up and running or has it not spawned either ?, checked out the castle but its not up there

(Up Early on IE1)

earlymorn.jpg

(Effects of playing for 11 hours, thought this was a guy prone holding a heat scope and looking up in the air)

lackofsleep.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Myself and a couple others found a chopper on IE1 the other day, we were getting all the gear to fix it up but it magically fixed itself after I got in :) Dunno why but we were happy. We died because of a fecking desync though :(

I've had a good look around IE2 and it seems the chopper hasn't spawned back yet. Either that or the people that have it don't fly anywhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Adventure Time; Always relevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Something wrong with IE1?

Spawn in the Middle of nowhere

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭irishmadboy

I can't get on IE1, just get stck on waiting for charaacter to create.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭hawkeye_bmr

I can't get on IE1, just get stck on waiting for charaacter to create.

same here....stuck for ages on that until i aborted, tried IE2 and got in instantly.

say IE1 could do with a restart

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭irishmadboy

CDX3g.jpg Wanna get on IE1 to drive this again =(

Can IE1 be restarted please?

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭MichealKenny

[IE1] Got my position reset to the coast when I logged off just beside the barracks in NWAF, I was annoyed but it turned out ok, I found a tent in a forest just outside Staroye on my way back and was pleasantly surprised.

arma2oa%202012-08-18%2020-19-33-547.png

arma2oa%202012-08-18%2020-19-57-307.png

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

I was wondering where all the epi-pens on the server went :P

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭MichealKenny

ktulu123 wrote: »
    I was wondering where all the epi-pens on the server went :P

haha, I never noticed I had so many, what a waste of space, time to go to a hospital me thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭hawkeye_bmr

who dc'd from the bus on IE1? own up...

who dc'd from the bus on IE1? own up...

You blow it up? :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 988 ✭✭✭deadeye187

any one find a little speed boat on ie2......? whats the point of this game if it don`t even save your **** for you!?.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭eurofoxy

who is in the heli in IE2?
    way to pee off the zombies man...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 988 ✭✭✭deadeye187

who was that i just meet on the coast, we sat down and look at the chopper!......nice!..i droped the AX for you but it vanished!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement