Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭hawkeye_bmr

Maximilian wrote: »
    Some incriminating behavior from last night.

Deadeye - found your boat :)

Hawkeye - the end might interest you....

Pity it ends there...any more footage?

Round 2 later tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Round 2 later tonight?

Sounds like somebody has their 50cal ready :D

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Maximilian wrote: »
    Some incriminating behavior from last night.

Deadeye - found your boat :)

Hawkeye - the end might interest you....

Round 2 later tonight?

Unfortunately not. Ran out of HDD space. I'll do a clear out for round 2 :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Yeah round two could be good. I have an idea that would be class for a server event but we would need to run it on either a private hive or lock the server. Otherwise guys would just ghost in behind.

For tonight we could just say attack a certain town or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Drawfirst

Vti - yeah that was me , in game name Destrian. You nearly ran over me in that hilux and that plus chopper noise was too much not to investigate, sounds like I died before the party kicked off properly though! Good shot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Yeah round two could be good. I have an idea that would be class for a server event but we would need to run it on either a private hive or lock the server. Otherwise guys would just ghost in behind.

A Third party parks a vehicle in, say Starry. One team starts 2KM South, the other 2KM North. Flip a coin to decide who starts where. First Team to drive the vehicle to their starting position wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Beez

A Third party parks a vehicle in, say Starry. One team starts 2KM South, the other 2KM North. Flip a coin to decide who starts where. First Team to drive the vehicle to their starting position wins.

Sounds good. Ill stay with the vehicle and make sure no one steals it..... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭therealwillie

thanks for the compliment guys :) i do have pretty tents :D if you were there a night or two earlier it was fully loaded but i guess whoever said he loaded it up into a truck got all that gear. ah well. i thought they didn't save properly, atleast i know now :D

also was it you guys that blew up my white pick up bout a week back and left me a tin of beans beside it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

ktulu123 wrote: »

I'm fairly bored of the "normal" game now, so an event would be interesting. Team A occupy a town, Team B try to overrun the town. Throw in zombies and perma death and maybe the chopper and things could get interesting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 988 ✭✭✭deadeye187

pick me up. I need a lift

• Advertisement

I'm fairly bored of the "normal" game now, so an event would be interesting. Team A occupy a town, Team B try to overrun the town. Throw in zombies and perma death and maybe the chopper and things could get interesting.

Yeah that's what I was thinking about doing. I want to get a ural & a few other vehicles loaded with gear and put them in Devils Castle and tell everyone to attack on a certain date. The winners(Last guys standing) get the vehicles with all the goodies. Maybe a helicopter too.

The reason we would need to lock/private hive the server is guys would just ghost in on top of the castle and kill everyone inside. No fun for anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Best idea so far is the fighting over a vehicle. Sounds awesome ! Make it a bus aswell is possible

Korvanica wrote: »
    Best idea so far is the fighting over a vehicle. Sounds awesome ! Make it a bus aswell is possible

Was thinking Tractor....

Was thinking Tractor....

Tractor is good too, will stop everyone getting in it at once...

Or whatever the slowest vehicle is.

I like the idea of perma death someone mentioned.
    If you die, thats it. Your out of the event, no running straight back to it.

Perhaps if we just locked IE2 for an hour or two, as soon as someone dies they get kicked and they're not allowed to come back on the server until the event is over.
    Nobody is allowed to leave the server until the event is over, if they leave they're out of the game - just to stop anyone ghosting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scody94

Why shoot me , i had a humanity of 9873 , all i wanted to do was drive my tractor around up north :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,210 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Anybody want to swap me a wheel for 2 mags of M107 ammo? Im at the tents in starry.

Edit: nvm i need 3 wheels

I like the idea of perma death someone mentioned.
    If you die, thats it. Your out of the event, no running straight back to it.

Perhaps if we just locked IE2 for an hour or two, as soon as someone dies they get kicked and they're not allowed to come back on the server until the event is over.
    Nobody is allowed to leave the server until the event is over, if they leave they're out of the game - just to stop anyone ghosting.

I'll be looking into private Hive for the next few days. I'd rather give whiners any ammo by locking the server.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Hawke

I'll be looking into private Hive for the next few days. I'd rather give whiners any ammo by locking the server.
    A private hive server separate would be pretty cool. Some have vechile spawn increased a little, that would be fun as a separate entity to the other servers.

I would imagine private hives would stop a lot of duping too due to the fact that it will send and receive info a lot faster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭_vti

Hawke wrote: »
    A private hive server separate would be pretty cool. Some have vechile spawn increased a little, that would be fun as a separate entity to the other servers.

Another plus is that you could edit the file as you see fit.

_vti wrote: »
    Another plus is that you could edit the file as you see fit.

Two helicopters per server? :D

Twelve helicopters per server? :D

Fixed your post there

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭_vti

Two helicopters per server? :D

now we're talkin'!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Just set the far North as the location that way it will take people long enought to get there. The tractor is too fast, I would suggest the GAZ (aka the Sh1tbox) and set a finish line whoever gets it past the finish line wins :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,210 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Been wandering around for ages looking for an AS50 or an M107. I've found 4 crashed helis and none of them had one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭Goro

Whoever just shot me in Cherno enjoy the M4A1 CCO and all the equipment. Fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭dennjoe

Well one of my first goes on a boards server joined up north with I think 10 people on the map ran to airfield fire stationgirl character legged it past me, I think that's fine ill leave her go next person shoots me on site :( enjoy the Svd camo if ye use it. Time for a fresh start I think

dennjoe wrote: »
    Well one of my first goes on a boards server joined up north with I think 10 people on the map ran to airfield fire stationgirl character legged it past me, I think that's fine ill leave her go next person shoots me on site :( enjoy the Svd camo if ye use it. Time for a fresh start I think

I can understand someone letting someone go if they're down in Cherno or Elektro at something. But up north at somewhere like the NW is a death zone and anyone up there should be shot if they are not with you.

• Advertisement

Anyone have issued finding IE1 / IE2 with dayz commander? I cant see them at all

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement