Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭shootermacg

eurofoxy wrote: »
    get de guys name if you can

No need, there wasn't too many on ie1 and it is around the time of this post, I can tell you that papa smurf and itchy fanny were not hacking because they were with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

PandyAndy wrote: »
    Where you close by? I had no idea I was near to anybody.
    Don't you look around while moving? LOL I was about 20 feet from you, on your left. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

I've been on a private hive server recently. So far there's no obvious hacking going on and no duping. It's early days for the server so the admins are resetting it a lot to try out new stuff so if you dont like having your toys broken then I wouldnt reccomend it. The good thing is that they have multiple unarmed choppers and some extra vehicles on the server so if you're getting bored of day-z then it might keep you playing for a few extra days anyway. They are also planning on bringing in street lights for night-time play which could be fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Mc Ginnis_BMR

Andy, Andy, Andy... Why did you have to take the boat from Skalisty Island?

I died on another server from a hacker, then came back on to IE2 to meet back up with the lads. Decided to swim over to see if the chopper was there, nope. Had the boat and even put the fuel in it. . Ran around the island and found myself an AS50 and ammo.

Come back out and I see the boat. Said to the lads, "Hardly two boats?".

Lied down and scoped in, guessed the distance at 400 meters and boom, headshot :P

Anyways, 3 MK 48's? You rolling loaded :P

arma2oa2012-08-2402-17-11-78.jpg

Ment to say, i have a pic of me chilling out in the back of this thing, was thinking of what it would be like if it was working. looked to just need a can a fuel even tho it was all shot up. il post it up later this evening. I didnt stick around lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

I think there is two versions of that boat.

One shot up one that works and the normal looking one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭MakaDonVeli

Ment to say, i have a pic of me chilling out in the back of this thing, was thinking of what it would be like if it was working. looked to just need a can a fuel even tho it was all shot up. il post it up later this evening. I didnt stick around lol

Haha, I swam across as I had no gear whatsoever :(

Found the boat and had a jerry can on me in case of a chopper and as there was none I decided to fill the boat, ran around the island and found a few clips of nato rounds for the AS50 and then the AS50 itself and guillie suit in the cabin on the island, ran back to get in the boat and I seen it sailing away.

The rest is history :P

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ELJeff

Found a chooper on IE1, working and all!

ELJeff wrote: »
    Found a chooper on IE1, working and all!

Enjoy it while you can, it goes back to its spawn when the server restarts :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Hunger Games in DayZ

Would be DEADLY.

If im awake ill be tuning in...

Enjoy it while you can, it goes back to its spawn when the server restarts :rolleyes:
    Cough Cough, kinda hit a tree with in 3 minutes of getting it :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

What the fook is the shtory with IE2? Elektro is scary. There's some building completely demolished near the supermarket, with 4-5 dead bodies near it. Inside in the supermarket itself there are at least 4 Alice Packs, and a few Czech backpacks. Next thing I know I'm walking along and my leg gets broken. Had morphine thankfully.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

Forest near Novy Sobor is on fire, IE1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭eurofoxy

Decryptor wrote: »
    What the fook is the shtory with IE2? Elektro is scary. There's some building completely demolished near the supermarket, with 4-5 dead bodies near it. Inside in the supermarket itself there are at least 4 Alice Packs, and a few Czech backpacks. Next thing I know I'm walking along and my leg gets broken. Had morphine thankfully.

saw this last night i figured flyingirish was playing around with some satchels..i did get a bucket load of gear from one of the bodies in teh school, it was weird he was standing up and aiming out the door even though he was dead..managed to get a nice as50 and 45 rounds..
    ELJeff wrote: »
    Cough Cough, kinda hit a tree with in 3 minutes of getting it :P
    Forest near Novy Sobor is on fire, IE1.
    maybe related to the chopper crash, they have been know to set towns on fire...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Going to give a private hive server a bash for a while. DayZ is getting boring now. Too much hacking and pretty much everyone you kill has an as50, L85 + rangefinders etc. Took me ages to find my first ones of those and they are all over the place now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Going to give a private hive server a bash for a while. DayZ is getting boring now. Too much hacking and pretty much everyone you kill has an as50, L85 + rangefinders etc. Took me ages to find my first ones of those and they are all over the place now.

Forgive my lack of knowledge on the subject, how do I join a private hive server?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

I just put 'private' in the search filter of dayZ commander. Picked FR CORSE

Apparently there are loads of complaints about cars etc resetting at server restart. But I'd be happy if there was no restart, especially after running over all the tents at: 009008 in their own tractor and liberating the jeep ^ ^.

Nice camp there and all ^ ^....well it was a nice camp ^ ^.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

If there were never any restarts the server would just become one big lagfest.

If there were never any restarts the server would just become one big lagfest.

Well there hasn't been any in days.

Yes there has.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

saw this last night i figured flyingirish was playing around with some satchels

This was us last night :)

I didn't know satchels were so powerful :P

One took down the office/school building

Decryptor wrote: »

What Trout said :)

You guys won't have a clue what to do once the game gets fixed and you won't be able to rob the same camp over and over to get supplies ;)

You guys won't have a clue what to do once the game gets fixed and you won't be able to rob the same camp over and over to get supplies ;)

We'll just do what we did before hand, go and raid barreks and crashed choppers.

Don't be butthurt Irishman :)

We'll just do what we did before hand, go and raid barreks and crashed choppers.

Don't be butthurt Irishman :)

I haven't played properly in days, the server is ****ed and the game is full of hackers so I'm not butthurt. I'm just saying that I want the natural balance restored.

I haven't played properly in days, the server is ****ed and the game is full of hackers so I'm not butthurt. I'm just saying that I want the natural balance restored.

Indeed, to many high powered snipers going around :)

saw this last night i figured flyingirish was playing around with some satchels..i did get a bucket load of gear from one of the bodies in teh school, it was weird he was standing up and aiming out the door even though he was dead..managed to get a nice as50 and 45 rounds..

maybe related to the chopper crash, they have been know to set towns on fire...
    thats exatly where i crashed it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭eurofoxy

maybe we should look into turning ie1 in private or the new map thats doing the rounds...

maybe we should look into turning ie1 in private or the new map thats doing the rounds...

Scratch is looking into it I think, post in the group if you know how to do it.
    I don't think anyone has any objections against a private hive.

• Advertisement

Any chance of a quick restart on IE2? Fairly lag on my behalf.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement