Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 988 ✭✭✭deadeye187

He's legit, I killed him last night while he was getting the chopper. He would of killed me for sure if he was a hacker then :)

oh no, i know he is ligit for sure man. no way would i have killed him if he was not...i think the rocks did me in tbh...no to be mess with them rocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Mc Ginnis_BMR

hey Mr. Blue, what about that video from the other night, i wana see it from your persepective. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

I have it rendering atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Mc Ginnis_BMR

I have it rendering atm.

cool i wana hear your legs break again ;)

what server you all playing on at this time of night?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Is there something up with the controls? I have no idea how to get him to turn around, and hes terrified of turning right as well.

Is there something up with the controls? I have no idea how to get him to turn around, and hes terrified of turning right as well.

controls are fine, just play with your mouse settings to get what you like.

It would be nice to se see at least one of the "ie" servers full. When i started playing DayZ i had to wait to get on the boards server, now i never see more than 15 on either server. It so much more fun when its full. I love DayZ and the boards servers but something has to happen!.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭hawkeye_bmr

deadeye187 wrote: »
    It would be nice to se see at least one of the "ie" servers full. When i started playing DayZ i had to wait to get on the boards server, now i never see more than 15 on either server. It so much more fun when its full. I love DayZ and the boards servers but something has to happen!.

Id like to see this too, but doubt it will happen until a better version is released that takes some of the latest glitches out.

I think a clean slate for everybody when 1.7.3 comes out would make it interesting again, get rid of all the duped items, tents that are spawning the same items over and over and hopefully sort out the vehicles...

Until that actually happens, cant see too many people playing or enjoying it with how its is now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭eurofoxy

Id like to see this too, but doubt it will happen until a better version is released that takes some of the latest glitches out.

I think a clean slate for everybody when 1.7.3 comes out would make it interesting again, get rid of all the duped items, tents that are spawning the same items over and over and hopefully sort out the vehicles...

Until that actually happens, cant see too many people playing or enjoying it with how its is now...

i agree, i remember the nwbase being a hive of activity, not being able to move there without a sniper taking a shot, not you can freely sneak between the z's without so much as a pot shot...i think the only way is wipe the database and everyone starts fresh...
    I found 2 bodies yesterday on a different server both had everything you could wish for nvg range finder thermal scopes and backpacks full of so called rare items...

I remember a cold killing me as i had no antibiotics, i had never seen them till 2 days ago...i found a camp on i2 the otehr day it had 5 in one tent...

rare items are no longer rare...

• Advertisement

eurofoxy wrote: »
    i agree, i remember the nwbase being a hive of activity, not being able to move there without a sniper taking a shot, not you can freely sneak between the z's without so much as a pot shot...i think the only way is wipe the database and everyone starts fresh...
    I found 2 bodies yesterday on a different server both had everything you could wish for nvg range finder thermal scopes and backpacks full of so called rare items...

I remember a cold killing me as i had no antibiotics, i had never seen them till 2 days ago...i found a camp on i2 the otehr day it had 5 in one tent...

rare items are no longer rare...

Ya that when it was at it best. When you had nothing and was ages looking for it!.......the less to go around makes it better!

i thinm a good way is for guns to have alimited lifespan, so after a while they start to jam then they just dont work anymore.. added realism, also things like the nvg, range finder etc require batteries which are very rare to find so you would be more likely to just discard them after they run out..
    i dont mind lots of guns but i think introducing jamming is a simple way of getting rid of a lot of the spare guns..

i thinm a good way is for guns to have alimited lifespan, so after a while they start to jam then they just dont work anymore.. added realism, also things like the nvg, range finder etc require batteries which are very rare to find so you would be more likely to just discard them after they run out..
    i dont mind lots of guns but i think introducing jamming is a simple way of getting rid of a lot of the spare guns..

i like the batteries idea, alot!....also the guns jamming sounds good..

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭_vti

Those ideas has been brought up since 5.8, particularly the batteries.

No idea why they havent employed this yet as some items require batteries in Arma 2. I guess Rocket wants to attract, and keep the attraction for that matter, people who play the other FPSs

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Finally had a nice tense battle at the Northwest on that FR Corse private hive server! Found a crashed helicopter last night and picked up an M14 aim. Today I was going up to loot the Northwest.

I started with the south barracks and just as I arrive in the compound I hear a car drive in. I move up to get eyes on the barracks and there's an SUV parked outside(This server has over 50 vehicles, it was not hacked in). The first guy hops out and I put two in him, he runs off bleeding. I see a second guy inside the barracks so I just start plastering him through the glass in the hope that the bullets actually do go through. I get the kill.

I then track down the first guy that was bandaging himself and put 1 in his head. I then move around to my original position to see if there's any more movement. While moving there I hear M4 shots in the barracks, the guy was shooting zombies that were attacking him. The whole time I was looking if I could see him inside, next thing he steps out of the barracks with my favourite gun, an AS50! So I put two in him and down he goes.

Eventually after I got the thousands of zombies off me I was able to loot. Got myself an AS50, 2 M24's, an M4, Coyote backpack, medical supplies, some camo clothing & a nice shiny SUV :)

Stuff like this is what is missing from regular DayZ. I like being excited about finding an AS50 or an M4 or even a fecking compass :P

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Servers need to be updated.

I would suggest running that wasteland mission on one of them as a purge of sorts to the current Dayz.

Yeah, might go ahead with switching one of the IE over to wasteland to test it out.

There really doesnt need to be a second IE anyways.

have you guys found the stuff for wasteland...i cant help at the moment as i am at work might be able to help later on or tomorrow.. just let me know whats needed..

have you guys found the stuff for wasteland...i cant help at the moment as i am at work might be able to help later on or tomorrow.. just let me know whats needed..

Nothing just join with Dayz turned off.

Will update whichever server to latest beta.

Nobody was bothered to help me (tonic/sa-matra fella) so I extracted the mission file out of the saved cache in the OA directory and jacked their **** lol

• Advertisement

running now on old ie2, someone join and pick the other team.

password boards

until its running right, i think it may need a mod.

IE2 isn't showing up for me.
    Can someone link the mod download.

There is no download for wasteland. Just disable DayZ and join the server

So just launch Vanilla ARMA 2 CO?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Sound of Silence

So just launch Vanilla ARMA 2 CO?

Yep.

But remember to disable DayZ in the launcher regardless of what shortcut you use to launch the game.

I use steam,I deleted the launch settings and left it blank so it just show's Arma 2,went into the multiplayer filter and typed IE2 and nothing came up :/

It's not set up yet though. There are no vehicles, no weapon spawns & the gun store has no weapons/ammo to buy from it. Dreamers75 is working on it atm

you need CBA running for wastleand

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭DevilsBreath

sorry but CBA?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

What server are all you playing on?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement