Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

I got in.
    ..and wow my FPS is soo much better than Cnernarus, likely down to less dense foliage and the smaller map size.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

I still can't get in. Stuck on recieving data with waiting for character to create in the BG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭eurofoxy

I still can't get in. Stuck on recieving data with waiting for character to create in the BG.

same here been like that for 5 minutes, the bar has not even moved anywhere...

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Roorah

Same as me

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

just wait on the recieveing data bit, mine got in after about 10 minutes on that screen (after the reboot) then created character then let me in

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

dreamers75 wrote: »
    50 is the setting atm.

Anyone actually find a vehicle?

Had a bit of a mooch around when i got in. Went to a couple spawn points and there was nothing there

I'm pretty sure were all invisible to each other on the server. FlyingIrish was standing beside me and I couldn't see him :P

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ELJeff

I play mostly on a private hive, and i like it, its set up to help people starting off as u get a bandage, some food drink and an axe. Second a haker was spotted admin sorted him out before he got to do any damage. Its a good idea while this is still in beta if you ask me.

ktulu123 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure were all invisible to each other on the server. FlyingIrish was standing beside me and I couldn't see him :P

no i was shot by someone and i shot "dave" also...
    and hawkeye is here too i am sure he will kill us all...

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭_vti

the hdds went bananas on my computer earlier so i have to reinstall :-/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Sorry Destrian...you were only 78 yards from me brandishing an AK so I took you out as you looked upto no good ;)

your body is still there but I took ur backpack..left you the czech one though..
    don't worry..I'm well gone from your body now..

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭DeBlanka

I can find the server, and it throws up the player list, but then I get kicked saying "you cannot play/edit this mission. It is dependent on DLC which has been modified/deleted etc etc.

I downloaded the @dayz_lingor_island and @dayz_lingor folders (034 full torrent file) and dropped them in my Arma OA file, then added the

-mod=@dayz_lingor;@dayz_lingor_island-

string to my parameters in Commander.

What am I leaving out?

Arma Version 96061 and v1.62 at the server selection screen

its looks good but try this on the cmd line

"C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;@dayz_lingor_island;@dayz_lingor -nosplash

check your destination though just in case its different from mine...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Simple solution to everyones problem:
    http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8241

You add the files to the OA folder, then open that, and tick the boxes. When you don't want lingor you untick the boxes. Very simple none of this command line crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭MakaDonVeli

Any chance of IE1 being restarted when ever an admin gets a chance? Takes an age to log in and lag every 5 mins.

DeBlanka wrote: »
    I can find the server, and it throws up the player list, but then I get kicked saying "you cannot play/edit this mission. It is dependent on DLC which has been modified/deleted etc etc.

I downloaded the @dayz_lingor_island and @dayz_lingor folders (034 full torrent file) and dropped them in my Arma OA file, then added the

-mod=@dayz_lingor;@dayz_lingor_island-

string to my parameters in Commander.

What am I leaving out?

Arma Version 96061 and v1.62 at the server selection screen

If you havent tried flyingIrish's idea, when you get into arma make sure you disable normal DayZ and enable both of the lingor items in the expansions menu

eurofoxy wrote: »
    its looks good but try this on the cmd line

"C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;@dayz_lingor_island;@dayz_lingor -nosplash

check your destination though just in case its different from mine...

Tried this but wouldn't work for me as it couldn't find the exe even though I had changed to to g:\steam\etc where my exe was
    Created a new shortcut on my desktop and pointed it manually to the exe and added this onto it then it worked perfect for me.
    -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;@dayz_lingor_island;@dayz_lingor -nosplash

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭A+-Guru

pretty sure theres a hacker on the new ie2 server atm, myself and hawk were taken out at the same time with no gun shots..

telling me bad version? password is "boards" is it not?

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭A+-Guru

or maybe it was a bug, we were both at a car wreak, hawk fixing it..then suddenly baaam we both dead..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭hawkeye_bmr

Blazer wrote: »
    telling me bad version? password is "boards" is it not?

Bad version means wrong beta.. Use the latest, and verify its loading it

where was the car i looked allover the town by the riverbank but nothing...it is the town on the map at coords 060,130.. any chance of a pinpoint of the car use this map its a good one...
    http://dayz.lv/lingor/#5.061.132

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭MakaDonVeli

Any chance of IE1 being restarted when ever an admin gets a chance? Takes an age to log in and lag every 5 mins.

:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

What part of the map do you initially spawn in Lingor? N S E W?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Usually the SW/SE
    Chupinka it likes to spawn me in :/

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭hawkeye_bmr

eurofoxy wrote: »
    where was the car i looked allover the town by the riverbank but nothing...it is the town on the map at coords 060,130.. any chance of a pinpoint of the car use this map its a good one...
    http://dayz.lv/lingor/#5.061.132

No point looking for that 1 me and guru were fixing if it got satchel'd

Is there any way to set it that it says who the killer was ie. X killed Y, rather than just Y died.

Isn't that how it was earlier on before a patch changed it, I'm sure I've seen it that way in videos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

Felt bad about this but we were stalking you three for ages...too many clues on sidechat!

http://youtu.be/uL9gbUV6fQ8?hd=1 (NSFW, Contains swearing sorry)

ps that was me who hopped into the car and beeped the horn after you repaired the first wheel but unfortunately I didnt record it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Anyone been @North Prison yet?
    3 barracks up there.

• Advertisement

Felt bad about this but we were stalking you three for ages...too many clues on sidechat!

http://youtu.be/uL9gbUV6fQ8?hd=1 (NSFW, Contains swearing sorry)

ps that was me who hopped into the car and beeped the horn after you repaired the first wheel but unfortunately I didnt record it!

Even though I pissed myself laughing for most of the video, ye'r still bad *****!:P

I played for the whole evening running around expecting everyone to be friendly, good thing I didn't run into ye!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement